Author Topic: BeadRider Seat Product Review  (Read 1524 times)

Online willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
BeadRider Seat Product Review
« on: October 01, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »

Because my 1200 Sport seat fits me so well and some engine heat warms my thighs, my butt sweats in warmer temperatures. So I purchased a BeadRider seat cover for the 1200 Sport. They make wooden and ceramic beads and I got the higher quality & hopefully longer lasting ceramic beads for about $59 + shipping. I measured my seat area and ordered a 11.5" x 13" one.

It's easy to install by removing the seat and looping the adjustable straps under the seat. Once on and riding... I thought sitting on the hard beads might be uncomfortable but that's not the case. I immediately noticed air under my butt, a bit like A/C.  It felt great! no more having to stand up to air my butt.

After riding without it in the heat of July and riding with it in August and September, what a welcome change!!! Not only does it keep my butt cooler but three other benefits...

1.) With hundreds of ceramic beads as surface contacts, I just need to move slightly for a new surface area of contact. It allows me to stay in the saddle longer with greater comfort.

2.) I can slide front to back and side to side, which I find this to be a benefit.

3.) If it happens to rain, I'm sitting above the wetness on the beads and not on the wet seat.

Overall I would rate my satisfaction with this product as a 10 on a 1-10 scale!!! Cooler butt and increased comfort. As fall sets in and cooler riding temperatures prevail, I will take it off. Well worth it!!!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:10:48 AM by willowstreetguzziguy »
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
Re: BeadRider Seat Product Review
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
I wasn't aware there was a ceramic option in the marketplace. I just put wooden beads on my bike last week. 730 miles since then, and I echo every sentiment  willowstreetguzzigu y shared.

'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:52:17 AM »
I used them for years. While they don't make an ill fitting seat better but they do make a good seat tolerable for longer plus no sitting in water when it rains and in the heat of summer the air flowing between you and the seat is very welcome.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »

They are great! I love mine. I can ride for hours longer with my beaded cover - I got the cheaper wood beaded version for $20 years ago and still looks good. Your ceramic beaded seat pad looks great - I gotta get one of those!

You can also find some seat covers made out of thick plastic mesh ....

Not all the benefits of a beaded seat but cheaper and lots of colors available. Made for the far east scooter market.

:smiley:
You can get beaded pads with patterns - I'd like to choose a pattern for a motorcycle seat pad version - maybe use a smaller bead size too.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:06:15 AM by Penderic »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »
For anyone actually going anywhere beads are a no-brainer.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:32:26 PM by nick949 »

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 04:51:36 PM »
I have put the beaded seat covers on all the bikes I ride regularly. In Florida it is most always hot and sticky and the beads really allow a lot of air to circulate and keep you comfortable.
The ability to move around on the seat freely is a big plus.
There is not a cheaper comfort upgrade that I have found. I got mine at Amazon for $18 for a pair of them. At $9 each it is a disposable item.
I don't know how long they will last but I'm not concerned.
I remove the metal hooks on the ends of the bungee cords and use a cable tie front and rear to hook the bungee's together.
I can control how tight or loose they are on the seat much better with the cable ties and don't have to worry about the metal hooks damaging something under the seat.
https://www.amazon.com/VaygWay-Motorcycle-Cushion-Massaging-Tractor/dp/B079YXC919/ref=sr_1_4?crid=32PX71N3DXCI&keywords=beaded+motorcycle+seat+cover&qid=1569966602&s=gateway&sprefix=beaded+motorcycle%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-4

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:50:44 PM by antmanbee »

Online izzuG

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
I am very intrigued by this, do the beads do any damage to the seat?

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 07:25:36 PM »
I've had them leave an impression on a Russell Day Long.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »
From Texas.  I’m a big fan of beaded seats.  A little air under your behind makes a huge difference in long distance comfort.  And when it rains heavily, the water has a place to drain.  So your gear stays dry because you aren’t asking it to be waterproof sitting in a standing puddle of water. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »
All my touring bikes have (or for the ones I sold, had) custom seats.   The Cal III had a Sargent, the Centauro a Rich Maund, the Stelvio has a Russell Day-Long, and the Brits have gel inserts under the stock covers (installed by me).

The Triumph Trophy SE, however, has a stock Triumph "Low-Profile" seat upgrade, and I have a Bead Rider on top of that.   I must say that I can ride as long on the Bead Rider as I can the Russell, and the Russell is pretty near perfect.

I used sheepskins, gel pads, and AirHawks for years before I discovered the Bead Rider.   

Motorcycle seats are such a personal thing that it's hard to go by someone else's experience.   JB has done interstellar mileage on a rock-hard stock foam Tonti seat; nothing seems to bother him.   I'm more like the Princess in "The Princess and the Pea" - the wrong seat can just ruin a long trip.

In future, I'll try a Bead Rider on top of any stock seat I have.   If it works (like on the Triumph) then that's what I'll use.  If it doesn't, then it's back to Russell for a Day-Long ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here