Author Topic: Feeling alive  (Read 759 times)

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Feeling alive
« on: November 22, 2022, 10:35:27 PM »
I took the Commando to work today. This meant first kicking all the oil back up into the tank since I haven’t ridden it in a couple of weeks.  But after working late I rode it home in the dark in about 40 degrees. No question the only motorcycle out in my town.  It always makes me feel young again. We are so blessed to still be able to suit up, smell the gas and feel the weather.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline moto

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Potrebbe andare peggio, potrebbe piovere!
Re: Feeling alive
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 11:52:27 PM »
Yes. That's it.
850 T-3
Griso 1100 corretto
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350
Italjet Buccaneer 250 (ex-SSR) -- now sold
credit for 2500+ postings lost in the database meltdown of Feb 9, 2020

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 12:08:07 AM »
Amen, Brother!  I know the feeling :thumb: :thumb:
Rick
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 04:53:11 AM »
I forgot you had a commando. I think I might have saw you back a week or two ago. I saw a real nice one at the Chatham overlook Infront of the coastguard station. If that was you, sweet bike, and it sounded awesome..  Well even if it wasn't you, it was still a sweet bine. :)
Paul B

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 04:53:11 AM »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 06:16:39 AM »
I took the Commando to work today. This meant first kicking all the oil back up into the tank since I haven’t ridden it in a couple of weeks.  But after working late I rode it home in the dark in about 40 degrees. No question the only motorcycle out in my town.  It always makes me feel young again. We are so blessed to still be able to suit up, smell the gas and feel the weather.

Yes!!!...  :thumb: :cool: - - and when you are "on the pipe"... flogging a vintage Norton Commando...you know you are ALIVE!!  :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:24:32 AM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 07:01:31 AM »
Yes, Sir ! 

:thumb:

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 07:36:50 AM »
Hard to get on for a blast and not feel right, especially when the destination is home.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Online spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »
And the reality is that you are young.....from my perspective anyway.
Steve

Offline Zenermaniac

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 09:41:10 AM »
Every time I mount up I feel the years roll back. Still remember the feeling of riding my first bike more than 50 years ago.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 10:17:25 AM »
It's even better if you are on an old bike you road when you were younger.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 05:18:48 PM »
quicker and easier to just hit your thumb with a hammer....
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Online Stretch

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 07:08:02 AM »
But after working late I rode it home in the dark in about 40 degrees. No question the only motorcycle out in my town.  It always makes me feel young again. We are so blessed to still be able to suit up, smell the gas and feel the weather.

:thumb: :thumb: :grin:  Why we ride......

I have one or two great memories of chilly late fall rides, booming home in the dusk, chilled but not frozen, to
a great meal. Pork roast, homemade applesauce, roast potatoes, Cabernet Sauvignon, with homemade apple pie
and black coffee for dessert.  :cool: And more memories to come!    :grin: :grin: :thumb: :thumb:

-Stretch
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 07:08:22 AM by Stretch »
1967? Change Jiang M1M
1978 Yamaha SR500
1987 BMW K75S
2011 Kawasaki KLR650
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2015 Triumph Trophy
2017 Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 01:06:06 PM »
     I had a similar experience and thoughts recently on a test ride on my 2003 V11Lemans.

The bike,while it's been in my possession has spent far too much time up on my lift work table. We had a good Indian Summer this Fall, so I put the push on wrapping up a ton of niggly jobs and getting it tuned & running right.

First test ride was warm and glorious, bike ran great,but it developed a major tank suck issue,and it had dropped 200-300 rpms once I reattached the T'd off vacuum lines to the TBs from my original tune. I managed to limp the bike back home and onto the lift again.

I cleaned up the tank vents,I eliminated the T connector,replumbed the tank vent line open draining to the ground,capped of the vacuum ports on the TBs, raised the idle manually a little on the left side and took it out for it's 2nd test ride.

This 2nd ride, the bike ran like a top,strong,pulled hard,tank suck issue completely cured;but the weather was nasty,it was just above freezing, cold cloudy and grey,sure enough it started to rain only 20 minutes into my ride. I adjusted my planned route to a smaller loop through some of the local back country roads, as I was quickly becoming drenched and soaking wet. I literally giggled to myself inside my helmet,thinking how is it possible that a crazy old fool like me in my 60s,riding in freezing rain can be having this much fun.

I managed to get home safely,just as dark was falling,it was a cold wet ride,,,,but very memorable.  :thumb:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Gino

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 04:17:04 PM »
A Commando is a fine bike, my favourite, makes me feel 17 again every time I’m out on it. My T3 makes me feel like a grown up and my Le Mans turns me into a hooligan. Motorbikes are brilliant, they all mean different things to there owners  :thumb:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here