Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Now, I can fully admit that my Sport 1100 and my current V11 EVT sort of suck in town.  And, I do like the idea of something with lower gearing and better low rpm performance.  I also know that Guzzi will not fulfill that desire, and I'm starting to consider the possibility of picking up a Royal Enfield or Triumph to satisfy that desire.

Boy, howdy, this is helpful. Makes me wonder...and reemphasizes the importance of test rides.
General Discussion / Re: Ron Garcia, Andover, Kansas
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 11:46:18 AM »
Yes, Ron is still around.  I have sent you a PM
General Discussion / Re: Storny gets new shoes
« Last post by Guzzistajohn on Today at 11:45:40 AM »
I used to run Anakees on the Tiger, the front cupped pretty badly.
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 11:28:15 AM »
The Tractor Runs !    The Carb adjustments were off.
Fine tuning timing next with timing light now that its running.

Using the timing light, i should be looking for advanced marks at how many RPMs
From the Guzzi 850T manual:
(This Old Tractor)
mark .. AF ... (fixed advance at 1500 r.p.m. ± 100
mark .. AT ... (full advance) (fixed and automatic) at 4500 r.p.m. ± 100
You just need to keep the revs a bit higher. Which I do not like; I like engines that will pull effortlessly from very low revs and cruise barely above idle.

No over square Italian V-twin will meet your needs.  Guzzis thrive in the 4,000-6,000 rpm range.  Sure, in town you can get by with 3,000 rpm, but anything lower in the upper gears will lug the engine.  It's in the way they're engineered.  The Italians have a different philosophy from designers of USA twins and their Japanese competitors.

I remember when I rode Sportsters and how good the bike felt at 1800-2000 rpm.  It took me a minute to understand Guzzis and Ducatis when I began riding them in the mid-1990s.  Once I found the Italian sweet spot, it was heaven.

Now, I can fully admit that my Sport 1100 and my current V11 EVT sort of suck in town.  And, I do like the idea of something with lower gearing and better low rpm performance.  I also know that Guzzi will not fulfill that desire, and I'm starting to consider the possibility of picking up a Royal Enfield or Triumph to satisfy that desire.

If you put the KD pegs on you will need to also buy the KD adjustable toe peg for the brake lever.  You can make the factory gearshift work just fine.

https://knightdesignllc.com/aprilia-moto-guzzi-lowered-toe-pegs/
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by Bob_Fla on Today at 10:41:47 AM »
The Tractor Runs !    The Carb adjustments were off.
Fine tuning timing next with timing light now that its running.

Using the timing light, i should be looking for advanced marks at how many RPMs
General Discussion / Re: Who Makes Custom Fork Braces?
« Last post by Frenchfrog on Today at 10:01:32 AM »
A wise decision unless you want to get into a virtually bottomless money pit !
General Discussion / Ron Garcia, Andover, Kansas
« Last post by 83ElPasoSP on Today at 09:56:41 AM »
It's been many years since I visited Ron in Wichita, Kansas. Is he still around? Would like to make contact again as I'm now in SE Kansas.  Ivan Crow.

General Discussion / Re: Norge Brake wiring connection
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:51:16 AM »
I would try their troubleshooting chart.
https://hyperlites.com/support/
The module should do the flashing without any external parts.

Thanks for bringing that up, It's a great idea & I have done that>>  Also sent email questions to the company.  Thus far no response from Hyperlites.. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here