Author Topic: June, July, August 2022 weekend trips in case anybody wants to join up  (Read 3972 times)

bobrebos

Wonewoc WI for the rally,cooler weather and WI cheese sausage and beer,August 5-7.

Sounds good!  Hope it’s a good turn out! 

bobrebos

April 15-17 campout, Saturday lunch in Tellico Plains Tn weather looks promising so far.  73 Friday, 71 Saturday and 69 on Sunday.  Woo hoo!!!

bobrebos

Just bumping up as Saturdays lunch is 3 days away as a reminder.  Let me know if you haven’t if you plan on going.  Thanks

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Unfortunately, the forecast here has taken a definite turn for the worse.  90% chance of rain and thunderstorms all weekend. Yikes!  There's that gully washer I was afraid of.  Springtime...what can you do? :cry:

Wildguzzi.com

bobrebos

Unfortunately, the forecast here has taken a definite turn for the worse.  90% chance of rain and thunderstorms all weekend. Yikes!  There's that gully washer I was afraid of.  Springtime...what can you do? :cry:

Oh boy.  That’s too bad!  Dang it.  Well there is always May at Suches

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Yep, I've already spent $$ on a reservation for Suches, so that one's rain or shine for me.  (It dang well better be shine!  :angry:)

bobrebos

I have a sleeping cabin rented for this weekend at the Cherohala mountain trails campground in tellico plains so Il stay fairly dry! 

https://cmtrails.com/

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Cheater!  :wink:

bobrebos

Re: May, June, July weekend trips in case anybody wants to join up
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 04:40:23 AM »
Fun weekend camping at Suches May 13-15 coming up.  Come on and join us at the nice motorcycle campground!  I’m hoping to have the brake mounting bolt/lever worked out (if new part arrives) in time on the Stelvio.

May 13-15 which means some riders will be riding on Friday the 13th!  Oh oh…….BE SAFE!  Lol

bobrebos

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2022, 08:12:32 PM »
I just discovered that the June meet and greet in Lynchburg Tn at the restaurant on mechanic street is on the same street as the Indian Motorcycle Dealership (division of Sloans Motorcycle group) in Lynchburg.  Might have to swing by there to see their bikes!  Woo hoo
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 08:17:36 PM by bobrebos »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2022, 11:37:47 PM »
I just discovered that the June meet and greet in Lynchburg Tn at the restaurant on mechanic street is on the same street as the Indian Motorcycle Dealership (division of Sloans Motorcycle group) in Lynchburg.  Might have to swing by there to see their bikes!  Woo hoo

There might be one or two bikes in their shop, but it is more a Tshirt shop for the Jack Daniels tourists.

We stopped in Sloan's Murfreesboro on Saturday and there were no Indian bikes to look at.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2022, 10:30:09 AM »
Was just in Lynchburg, yes the store is just a T-shirt and souvnier shop.  Some very nice artwork on the T-shirts I must admit.  That's if you don't mind spending $30+ dollars on one!  On the other hand, I did notice some type of motorcycle accessory store (Lynchburg Outdoors?) directly behind the BBQ Caboose, but didn't have time to go inside. 

bobrebos

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2022, 06:53:01 AM »
There might be one or two bikes in their shop, but it is more a Tshirt shop for the Jack Daniels tourists.

We stopped in Sloan's Murfreesboro on Saturday and there were no Indian bikes to look at.

Ok.  Thanks.  A new Indian might be good for me!  Although the price would not! 

bobrebos

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2022, 07:37:34 AM »
If I do not receive the new shifter lever mounting bolts in the mail for my Stelvio in time, I will be on my Goldwing for the May Suches weekend.  Hoping I get the new parts in time! 

bobrebos

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2022, 05:32:09 AM »
Woo hoo!  12 days until the Suches weekend!  Hope to see some of you there for the weekend or at least Saturday lunch! 

bobrebos

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2022, 06:10:40 AM »
“Debbie Downer” here.  Looks like rain for suches on the May 13th weekend.  Better pack my rain gear!!!!   :undecided:

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2022, 06:13:58 AM »
Say it ain't so Bob!  LOL!

Still a week out.  Things can change.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2022, 07:27:22 AM »
Say it ain't so Bob!  LOL!

Still a week out.  Things can change.

Yep.  I’m hoping for nice dry, warm weather still!

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
Yep.  I’m hoping for nice dry, warm weather still!

I'm still planning to ride the V7III the 250 miles to Suches.  I'll just take my time and take adequate breaks.  Hoping to leave out early next Friday before breakfast so I can take a breakfast break and possibly a lunch break before I arrive.  Google says 5 hours so I am planning on 8 to 10 hours depending how much I stay on the 45 mph roads and stop for photo opportunities. 

Won't ride it if the rain forcast is too high though.  I don't have rain covers for those leather saddlebags. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2022, 01:20:15 PM »
I'm still planning to ride the V7III the 250 miles to Suches.  I'll just take my time and take adequate breaks.  Hoping to leave out early next Friday before breakfast so I can take a breakfast break and possibly a lunch break before I arrive.  Google says 5 hours so I am planning on 8 to 10 hours depending how much I stay on the 45 mph roads and stop for photo opportunities. 

Won't ride it if the rain forcast is too high though.  I don't have rain covers for those leather saddlebags.

Ok.  If you decide not to go because of rain for the weekend just let me know please.  Thanks

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2022, 06:03:58 PM »
Ok.  If you decide not to go because of rain for the weekend just let me know please.  Thanks

:thumb:  We will talk before that happens. I might ride the KLX300SM, or haul it, unless it is a total washout.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2022, 06:08:52 PM »
Yep, still too far away to forecast WX with any accuracy.  I blew off the Meltdown in Hendersonville because of the "80% chance of thunderstorms" and it never rained a drop!

bobrebos

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2022, 05:46:58 AM »
As of today’s weather forecast for 12-15 may (when Il be at Suches and hopefully some of you come also that weekend ) is
12th —75 degrees
13th- 76 degrees
14th —77 degrees
15th—. 77 degrees

With only 35% chance of precipitation!

Woo hoo.  Life is good!!!

bobrebos

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2022, 06:03:01 AM »
Yay!!!!!!  Forecast for Suches, Georgia May 13-15th, as of today may 6th!  Going over the motorcycle packing list today!

Friday. 72 degrees

Saturday. 73 degrees

Sunday. 77 degrees
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 06:20:04 AM by bobrebos »

bobrebos

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 08:11:44 AM »
Somewhere between 5 and thirteen guzzi riders from the Facebook page expected at TWO Suches this coming weekend and two (MotorMike, and Two Wheel Addict) from this website. I’m looking forward to it.  Two Wheel Addict….if riders want to go on a short ride Saturday can you lead it somewhere???  Just curious

bobrebos

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2022, 03:41:31 AM »
Just a reminder, this coming Saturday (14 May) at noon at Two Wheels of Suches lodge, a few of us are meeting for lunch.  Some are camping for the weekend.  I’m staying in sleeping cabin #4 and will be on my bronze color Stelvio (if the shifting lever holds up, lol) if anybody wants to camp nearby or stop and to say hello.  I also will be hanging out at the main lodge too of course. 

I hope to get to meet a few of you Guzzi riders this coming weekend.

Also, please note the sign that was on Two Wheels of Suches lodge door the other day.  Store your food correctly as best you can of course.   Ride safe!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:52:17 AM by bobrebos »

Online Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2022, 09:43:30 PM »
I'll be staying in Dahlonega, as everything at TWOS was full.  Riding down on Friday and back home Sunday.  Weather looks decent, especially Saturday, so should be a good turnout.  Chance of scattered TS on Sunday, so I've packed the rain gear just in case.

bobrebos

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2022, 07:58:46 AM »
Quote from: Motormike  :link=topic=114479.msg1817270#msg1817270 date=1652237010
I'll be staying in Dahlonega, as everything at TWOS was full.  Riding down on Friday and back home Sunday.  Weather looks decent, especially Saturday, so should be a good turnout.  Chance of scattered TS on Sunday, so I've packed the rain gear just in case.

See you this weekend Mike.  Ride safe!!

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2022, 08:00:09 AM »
I’m not able to get off work on Friday, so I won’t be attending.
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

bobrebos

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2022, 08:56:41 AM »
I’m not able to get off work on Friday, so I won’t be attending.

Oh that’s too bad.  Dang it.  Well maybe you can make it to Junes lunch.  Take it easy!!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here