Author Topic: V7 Classic - troubleshooting Idling strange problem  (Read 2316 times)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: V7 Classic - troubleshooting Idling strange problem
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2023, 05:50:52 PM »
Trust the one set the closest. Is the 1st set you bought closer? How about the ones on the bike?
I wouldn't think they would be offset.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline fedeskiff

• New Egg
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2023, 11:56:51 PM »
There’s a slight difference in between both but some similarities.
Lino rod is the same length. 178-179mm. I measured the distance of right throttle bodie from the outside of the intake to the lowest point of the Choke plate and they are .2mm of difference. I think by the light we can see the difference very easily.
The one I bought first is looking in a very good condition. There was some combustion marks inside but after a light wipe they were off. The second one is looking in a filthy condition.

Both have same play in the choke plate up and down.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2023, 06:27:55 AM »
Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely no insider knowledge of HOW the set the throttle bodies at the MG factory, or if supplier sets them at their factory and ships them in pairs.

That said, I've always been under the impression they are not set based on direct physical throttle plate measurement, but on air-flow rate of both in order to compensate for any small physical differences in the bores themselves.

If that's true then I would think it would be possible to observe or measure small differences in the positioning of the throttle body plates. Though I too would probably try the set with the smallest measurable difference.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline fedeskiff

• New Egg
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2023, 02:03:43 PM »
Hello to everyone! posting after a while of thinking...

I've been trying to swap the TB:

I removed the tank, side covers, rear fender and a plastic in order to remove the air filter back.
I released the air filter screws in order to have more room and I achieved removing air filter to TB hoses.
However after long trying, I am very far away in order to make enough room for sliding the TB out. Even in the case that i manage to remove the engine intake hoses,
I am afraid of not having enough space on top of the TB's in order to remove them. I would like to slide the air box even further but cables are between air box and frame.

I'll post some photos maybe somebody can share with me any advice on how to get this sucker off the bike :p. I would like to do this procedure very carefully so i am not harming the unmolested TB.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2023, 02:03:43 PM »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2023, 05:19:05 PM »
Now that you have a little room, see if you can pull them out of rubber sleeves to manifold. You could take out injectors from manifolds, 3 bolts that hold them on heads, then pull them forward out of rubber sleeves. Take cables off the top by loosening up adjuster for opening cable. OR take cables off the bar. 2 screws under bar on bottom hold each TB in place. If you don't have a heat gun for rubbers use a hair dryer.
Silicone spray helps.
Push rubber back off intake manifolds, then take manifolds off head and remove. Now you have enough room to remove rubber from TB's. Don't forget to disconnect the choke cable underneath.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 12:42:38 PM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here