General Category > General Discussion

Euro 5 V85 Exhaust questions

(1/3) > >>

inditx:
If you replace the headers and Y pipe but leave the stock muffler, do you need to make any fueling changes?
If you do the above but replace the stock muffler, do you need to make any fueling changes?
Lastly, if you do the above and gasp, leave off a muffler and go with a tip or go with a low muffler is there a need for fueling changes?

Just wanting to save weight and reduce heat really, although a more hearty sound is always fun...
Thanks in advance,
inditx

Huzo:
As you know, I have a completely new system right through and have a low muffler.
I had mine re mapped on a dyno and now the lambdas are turned off. I still have them connected though, because it throws a yellow light on the panel if I un plug them.
They are (just) visible in these shots under the starter.

Mine is a first model though.

Dave Swanson:
In a fit of boredom last winter I installed the complete Mistral E5 system.  Lost the 20 lbs, less heat, slightly improved sound (with db killer left in), but a thinner wallet.  I installed the Mistral VTwin Boost even though it is  maligned by the cognoscenti as nothing but a spoofer.  No regrets as it runs so well, I can't imagine it running any better.   

inditx:

--- Quote from: Huzo on November 21, 2023, 12:20:41 PM ---As you know, I have a completely new system right through and have a low muffler.
I had mine re mapped on a dyno and now the lambdas are turned off. I still have them connected though, because it throws a yellow light on the panel if I un plug them.
They are (just) visible in these shots under the starter.

Mine is a first model though.

--- End quote ---

Yes I jones over yours every time I see it Huzo, well done!
inditx

inditx:

--- Quote from: Dave Swanson on November 21, 2023, 02:06:47 PM ---In a fit of boredom last winter I installed the complete Mistral E5 system.  Lost the 20 lbs, less heat, slightly improved sound (with db killer left in), but a thinner wallet.  I installed the Mistral VTwin Boost even though it is  maligned by the cognoscenti as nothing but a spoofer.  No regrets as it runs so well, I can't imagine it running any better.

--- End quote ---

:thumb:
Thanks Dave,
inditx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version