Author Topic: Wiring Question for V85 grip heaters.  (Read 855 times)

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
Wiring Question for V85 grip heaters.
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
I know they don't exist yet.  My Stelvio had heaters controlled by a factory switch and displayed as a three position on the display.  The V85 TT has the switch, has two sets of wires coming from said switch to Molex connectors under the gas tank.  It also shows it has the icon for heaters when they become available. The grip heaters I put on the V85 have three wires on each side, red, white, and blue.  If red is used as the common the resistance is 11ohms red/white and 23ohms red/blue.  I am assuming that is high /low.  The Stelvio has a three position heat range controlled by the computer via the single switch.  Each time you press it cycles up one notch then off.  If I tape off the blue and wire in the red/white to the Molex connectors under the tank should that not be the same?  Hate to mess up a new bike so advise is welcome.  All other accessories I put through a relay and a circuit box since the bike is protected by only two main fuses.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Wiring Question for V85 grip heaters.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
That sounds reasonable but why not wait for winter, the OEM heaters might be available then.

Any chance of uploading a circuit diagram?
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
2 + 7 fuses. start searching for them. diagram at this old tractor. Problem with heated grips is the right side, the integrated drive by wire thing. Look for the cost of the stock handle before you mess with it.
Don't mess with original wires.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Online Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »
Got them done and hooked up under the gas tank.  Anyone who wants to do it the two empty male Molex connectors are under the tank on the right side bundled under the plastic cover which is screwed to the frame..  They are Blue(ground) and Brown (hot).  Works perfectly cycling through low, med, high, and off as shown on the display with a blue grip icon.  It's all back together and test rode.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here