Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554153 times)

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #1110 on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
Are you sure you're using the correct version of the Reader?

I'm a retard.   I downloaded the programs direct from the Guzzi Diag page (confusing red screen) and downloaded the ones for the #15 ECU.  I knew I needed the one for the 5, but somehow got the 15. Thanks for your shortcuts on page 1 it got me straight.

So I am assuming that the Guzzi-Diag does not show the ECU plugged in message?
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

beetle

« Reply #1111 on: July 22, 2016, 04:37:33 PM »
No.

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1112 on: July 22, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »
All is good to go. Before heading to work this morning I downloaded the existing map, uploaded the stock map I got from Beetle, reset the TPS, and learning parameters, and also did the running test that was available, which cycled the idle circuit a few times and lowered it to 1200 (was at 1350 +/-)

Haven't ridden yet.  I also goofed around with the live functions such as reading the lamda circuits. Which of the choices (there are 3) should be used to track Lamda measurements?  I expected the cyls to be about equal but they are way off.

Will go for test ride after work today and see what the deal is and if the fresh map and other changes help. Motor seems to start and idle much better, but I think my TB's are way out of balance.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

beetle

« Reply #1113 on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:13 PM »
Do the TB balance ASAP. It will do wonders. I wouldn't expect lambda values to be equal after an autolearning reset. The left map is the main map. The right (delta) map was never right from the factory (not that the main map is a design wonder), so the AFR will be way different in each side at idle until the trimming starts. Even then, it they will never read exactly the same because, a) the sensors are slow, and b) I wouldn't expect the AFR to ever be equal due to the limitations of the stock map.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1113 on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:13 PM »

Online johnk

• New Egg
« Reply #1114 on: July 26, 2016, 07:40:31 AM »
I wanted to take a moment to thanks Beetle and all of the others who have contributed to this. I spent the weekend installing linux on a very old macbook I had (too old to run OS X 10.9 and easily get drivers for the cables) and getting everything working and I was finally able to slightly retard my ignition timing to greatly reduce the horrible detonation my bike has had since new.
I was also very relieved to see how nicely Tunerpro works under Wine.
There's still other work for me to do but 95% of my problem appears fixed.
Thanks!  :thumb:
John Koester
2002 V11 Scura, 1982 V50 'Monza', 82 BMW R65LS, 1992 DR350S, 1971 CB350

Offline chrisk

• Hatchling
« Reply #1115 on: July 26, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
Hi all, just to say that I've just uploaded a 'v7 II nocat with pipes' map for my machine and its transformed.

I said in an earlier post that my v7ii didn't feel as... responsive/powerful/gutsy as my old v7 classic but the map has transformed the bike, and I'm not exaggerating. There is a little popping on overrun but I don't mind that,  it's only slight and occasional.

The annoying snatch is still there which I've read in a recent review of the bike in a mag, but I think that's a function of the new single body injection, not sure tbh. I'm going to try taking more of the play out to see if that helps.

Beetle : top job, easily worth the money spent.

Offline MorenoB

• New Egg
« Reply #1116 on: August 02, 2016, 03:33:34 AM »
I wanted to take a moment to thanks Beetle and all of the others who have contributed to this. I spent the weekend installing linux on a very old macbook I had (too old to run OS X 10.9 and easily get drivers for the cables) and getting everything working and I was finally able to slightly retard my ignition timing to greatly reduce the horrible detonation my bike has had since new.
I was also very relieved to see how nicely Tunerpro works under Wine.
There's still other work for me to do but 95% of my problem appears fixed.
Thanks!  :thumb:

I also want to thank Beetle, Pauldaytona and all the staff (especially the programmer Beard) who had developed this software. I've just upgraded the map on my V7 MY 2014 and all the process went smoothly and perfectly. Thanks also to the italian user who sent me the last factory map.
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:11:49 AM by MorenoB »

Offline mermoto

• New Egg
« Reply #1117 on: August 04, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
Wow, this has been such an interesting thread.  Coming from using Tuneecu on my KTM 690 which worked great I now discover Guzzidiag for my UK 2015 V7ii Stone.  I have downloaded the programs and have the cables so going to plug in this afternoon for a look at what I got.  I have been using the Finebau Module since fitting my Mistrals without Db killer and it has worked well but I feel there is more to gain with a correct map and prefer the idea of loosing the extra device currently fitted.  What I have not found here is a map suitable for the V7ii Stone fitted with open Mistrals?  Obviously missed something so can anyone guide me where to look please?   :bow:

Cheers in advance and will keep you posted how I progress.

Safe and happy riding,  :thumb:

A little pic of my baby shortly after I bought her  :smiley:

Mermoto

Offline mermoto

• New Egg
« Reply #1118 on: August 04, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
OK, so setup and connection worked first go thanks to Beetle's clear instructions and this is the map I have currently installed on my 2015 V7ii  = Software: 4533V740 build 01-12-2014  (bike purchased February 2015).

I understand this is the first map from the factory on the V7ii and it runs OK with standard bike exhausts.  Having fitted the Mistral open pipe I installed the Finbau device to improve fueling which works pretty well but I really now want to map it with a corrected map for these pipes so any direction from you tech guys would be fantastic?

In my man cave

beetle

« Reply #1119 on: August 04, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »
I have built a map for such a beast. See my signature.

beetle

« Reply #1120 on: August 07, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
I've created a PDF version of the tutorial. I've added a link to the first post in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:27:51 PM by beetle »

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1121 on: August 08, 2016, 04:54:38 AM »
Thanks for the pdf - makes it easier yet....

Mark

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #1122 on: August 18, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »
2014 Norge, Guzzidiag hooks up correctly (seemingly).  It links and provides the info in the drop downs and connects on COM4.  The reader only shows COM3 as a selection.  My lap top is a Win 10 system.  Any ideas as to why the other COM port isn't showing itself to the reader?
He who is without oil shall cast out the first rod...”-Detonations 5:72.

beetle

« Reply #1123 on: August 18, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
Are you trying to run GuzziDiag and Reader simultaneously? Don't.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #1124 on: August 18, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »
2014 Norge, Guzzidiag hooks up correctly (seemingly).  It links and provides the info in the drop downs and connects on COM4.  The reader only shows COM3 as a selection.  My lap top is a Win 10 system.  Any ideas as to why the other COM port isn't showing itself to the reader?

Do you have GuzziDiag opened at the same time that you open the reader?

Only one program at a time can see the com port.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #1125 on: August 18, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
That was it...  Had Guzzidiag running so a forehead flattening moment.  I was able to save my stock map and when attempting to upload a map, it stalled about 1/3 of the way through, got a "Something went wrong" message and to re-try.  It continues to stall at different points of the upload.  It's doing it when I attempt to re-install the stock bin and the bike just shows the ECU dashboard signal and the bike is dead (with everything unhooked).  The erase step must be working!  I've disabled what I can of security (Bitdefender and Malwarebytes) in case those are interceding.  Any thoughts?

Sign me,

Nervous in Wisconsin

beetle

« Reply #1126 on: August 18, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
Ye gods! I hate windows. Try running the Reader as administrator.

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1127 on: August 18, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »
Did you try re-booting the Win10 computer? Might try the simple thing first if you haven't done it already.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #1128 on: August 18, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »
A re-boot didn't change things...  I am assuming that my cables are correct as it did everything expected up until the upload step with the writer.  I've got someone relatively close-by with a known set of cables.  Perhaps that's worth a try as a next step.  Just a pretty statue in the garage at this point!

beetle

« Reply #1129 on: August 18, 2016, 05:32:42 PM »
Don't panic. You can't brick your ECU.

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #1130 on: August 19, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »
Kevin Hahn of Scrambler Cycle popped in this afternoon and we hooked his cables up to my computer.  Things worked as they should and the Norge lives again.  For some reason, his cables triggered my COM5 and didn't show COM4 as my cable set did (no COM5 with mine).  It was likely in my cable set.  Everything worked with my cables except the writer process...  Maybe I have one of the Fiat cables with the switched 5 & 6 pins that I saw mentioned somewhere?

I hope my experience helps someone looking for answers in the future here!

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1131 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
Glad to hear it's up and running again!!
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

beetle

« Reply #1132 on: September 02, 2016, 08:05:08 PM »
Updated the PDF version of the tutorial. Edited some of the TPS reset/MUI G3 stuff, plus it's now better quality. Download link in first post.

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1133 on: September 03, 2016, 01:08:29 AM »
How come this isn't a sticky?  :thumb:

Couple of questions, bike is 2003 EV Touring, hydro model, 15m ECU.
Plugged into to make some CO trim adjustments. That went fine.
However I have no "TPS reset" function or the "Rest autolearn" function
Is that normal for this model?
If so, does pulling the EFI fuse clear that? I'd quite like to clear that.

pete roper

« Reply #1134 on: September 03, 2016, 01:25:50 AM »
TPS is a physical adjustment on your bike. Unless you have turned off the lambda input playing with the CO trim will achieve nothing. Not certain about stored trims on the 15M-RC but pulling the main fuse should clear any saved data.

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1135 on: September 03, 2016, 01:30:56 AM »
Yeah I know adjustment is a physical thing, but there is also a "reset" shown on the first page of this thread. Is that not applicable to the 15m? 
The CO trim adjustment definitely made a difference, I richened it up a bit and not it's masses better below 3000 rpm around town. I gather the "turn off lambda sensor" is a Tunerpro thing, not a Guzzidiag?
I'm not confident enough to play with map adjustments.

beetle

« Reply #1136 on: September 03, 2016, 02:12:46 AM »
TPS reset does not apply to the 15M. As Pete says, it a manual adjustment. 15M also does not have lambda. It's pre emissions BS. Ergo, no autolearning parameters.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:13:39 AM by beetle »

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1137 on: September 03, 2016, 02:14:49 AM »
Cheers
When you say doesn't have an o2 you're meaning  the reset function? Because there is most certainly a sensor on the bike

beetle

« Reply #1138 on: September 03, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »
It does? Well, bugger me lonesome.

beetle

« Reply #1139 on: September 03, 2016, 02:40:50 AM »
Interesting. Thanks, I learnt something. Seems an odd beastie! Can you please tell me the map your running? Info box in GuzziDiag should tell. I need to know more!

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here