Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554083 times)

beetle

Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #1380 on: January 26, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
I have three 15M Cali maps. Special, Stone and unknown. Don't know whether the EV runs a similar map. If you want the map tweaked, just save a copy and I can tweak it any way you like.

Offline dguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sorry, I'm woke so I'll be quiet.
« Reply #1381 on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
Ok, I have it saved, I just need to get a better idea of how it runs. My description is not so clear as its from last fall...  I'll have a better idea when it warms up and the salt goes away.  Thank you for the offer!
'03 EVT
'87 Cagiva
'72 Commando
'71 Commando
'90 Miata
'16 Mustang

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1382 on: January 29, 2018, 07:30:20 AM »
well, got messages from LonElec... seems my cables have shipped. Now for the indeterminable wait for the Royal Mail / USPS to get it to my house...
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1383 on: January 29, 2018, 07:33:10 AM »
It won't take long.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1383 on: January 29, 2018, 07:33:10 AM »

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1384 on: February 02, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Chuck, you weren't kidding... cables arrived today. Now to take the laptop to the garage and try to link it up!

Later!

OK, loaded up the drivers from this thread, not the ones that came with the cables. BTW, laptop is running Windows 7.
Device Manager says the cable is COM5.
I hook the two cables together, and connect them to my motorcycle. Hook up the alligator clips. Blue light on the connector comes on.
Plug the USB plug into the laptop. Start the Guzzi Reader. Set that to read COM5.
I click "Read" and it asks me to turn the key to on then hit okay. I do this and wait...
Initialization failed. Turn key off and wait 10 seconds.

I've done this about 8 times now, same results.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:19:08 PM by Rick in WNY »
  2004 California Titanium

pete roper

« Reply #1385 on: February 02, 2018, 08:04:02 PM »
Have you selected the model?

beetle

« Reply #1386 on: February 02, 2018, 08:54:01 PM »
Pete means: Are you using the correct Reader?

IAW15xReader for an '04 Cali.

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1387 on: February 03, 2018, 06:36:06 AM »
Beetle, that is probably the issue... I know it's not the cables since GuzziDiag works just fine.

I'll download the IAW15XReader when I get home and try again.

Figured the issue was the loose nut behind the keyboard. Thank you for increasing my knowledge base, I'm certain there will be more stupid questions in the future.
  2004 California Titanium

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1388 on: February 03, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
Yup, operator error.

Correct version of the reader and it downloaded on the first try.

Now to learn about tweaking the maps...
  2004 California Titanium

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1389 on: February 04, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
OK, got the tuner program up and working, opened the .bin file my bike spat out, and wow.... lots of knobs to twist!

Does anyone have an improved map for an 04 California Titanium 1100 with the 15M computer? The intake, engine, and exhaust are all stock, but we all know the factory tune was a compromise. I'd like her to run better, and not be quite as thirsty. Is 28-30 mpg while running solo good for this bike? It seems low to me...

Anywho, between now and riding season I'll be changing all the hoses and giving her a good tune up. I'll likely wait for the remap until after I've got all that squared away.

Rick
  2004 California Titanium

Offline fabius1961

• New Egg
« Reply #1390 on: February 04, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
Hallo,
I am Fabius from Italy and ride a 1100 Breva, excuse me for my grammatical errors........
My bike go well but suffered of high consumpion of fuel, the sparks are black.
I have removed the catalizer ( for lowering the high temperatures from the feet but not very much ) and mounted a Onelevel air filter.
Now with guzzidiag I have reduced of 30% the values of the fuel phase tab and hope to solve the problem.
Regards
Fabius

pete roper

« Reply #1391 on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
Hallo,
I am Fabius from Italy and ride a 1100 Breva, excuse me for my grammatical errors........
I have removed the catalizer ( for lowering the high temperatures from the feet but not very much ) and mounted a Onelevel air filter.
Now with guzzidiag I have reduced of 30% the values of the fuel phase tab and hope to solve the problem.
Regards
Fabius

Fabius, if your plugs are black there is something wrong with the bike. Reducing the fuel by 30% is NOT the solution.

Firstly, make sure it is tuned properly and that the throttle stop screws haven't been messed about with on the throttle bodies, likewise the linkage rod between them. Also check in the dashboard for any ECU codes, most likely relating to engine or air temperature faults.

When you say you are reducing fuel have you disabled the lambda?

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #1392 on: February 04, 2018, 10:45:57 AM »
Hallo,

Have you reset the TPS?
Has anyone altered the throttle plate stop, so called 'sacred screw'?
Is the air intake clear?
Are the spark plugs black all of the way around, or just on one side?

I would get it right, before tweaking the mixture.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline fabius1961

• New Egg
« Reply #1393 on: February 04, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
Thanks to all guy's!
I have make all the controls to the engine: valve clearance, cleaning the throttle bodies, vacuum cylinders balancing, reset tps. no errors in the cpu.
Lambda it's on.
I have the bike from 2014 and I have drive for 25000 km, I drive for the mayor  time in the traffic to go at work. I remeber the spark plug carbonized from the start of the love story with my Breva, I have change 2 time the sparks with no solution.
I said that the engine go without problem but drink gasoline so much. This is smell of gasoline at stop of the trip but don't find any leak in the fuel line.
It's two days that I have the new map and I have find the engine more plush and responsive.....
The fuel indicator said me a better consumption but it's a component very false...... :smiley:

Ciao a tutti, grazie.
Fabius
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:04:08 PM by fabius1961 »

Offline antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1394 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Also check the engine temp sensor in the right hand cylinder head. Put some thermal paste or copper anti seize on the end of the sensor where it makes contact in the sensor holder in the head. A lack of good contact will make the bike run rich.

beetle

« Reply #1395 on: February 04, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »

Do you really mean the fuel phase table?

1. Please follow the advise of Pete, Wayne & antmanbee.
2. Changing the values of any table is pointless unless lambda is switched off.

beetle

« Reply #1396 on: February 04, 2018, 02:22:09 PM »
Is 28-30 mpg while running solo good for this bike? It seems low to me...

That does seem excessive, unless your throttle hand is very active. I'd like to have a look at the map.

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1397 on: February 04, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »

That does seem excessive, unless your throttle hand is very active. I'd like to have a look at the map.

I'd be happy to send you a copy, beetle. Send me your email in a private message and I'll send it to you.

That said, I think part of my problem is leaking vacuum hoses to the charcoal can. Should I delete that thing when I redo all the hoses?

Rick
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 06:15:55 PM by Rick in WNY »
  2004 California Titanium

beetle

« Reply #1398 on: February 04, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
I'd be happy to send you a copy, beetle. Send me your email in a private message and I'll send it to you.

That said, I think part of my problem is leaking vacuum hoses to the charcoal can. Should I delete that thing when I redo all the hoses?

Rick

Delete. It serves no purpose, with respect to performance. It's just another potential source of air leaks. IMO.

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #1399 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »
Allrighty then... I will delete the charcoal can. I was 98% sure that was the right thing to do anyways, thank you for confirming it.
  2004 California Titanium

Offline Elliott

• New Egg
  • A sitting crow starves.
« Reply #1400 on: February 09, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »
Weird one this. Just used Guzzidiag/MiugReader/MiugWriter to switch out my factory 203 V7 1TB Stone map for a custom one. New map is behaving itself but since the switch Guzzidiag is now showing my Clutch as “pulled” in the Status bar even though the lever is at rest/released. With the factory map installed this showed “Clutch released”, but now both with the new map installed and with the factory map reinstalled it always shows “Clutch pulled”.

With the throttle  live in the measurements view, working the lever registers a change in value from 1 (lever released) to 0 (lever pulled), however the “Clutch pulled” status in black on the right hand side of the Guzzidiag screen never reverts to “Clutch released”. Clutch performs normally when bike is ridden.

Anyone whose running a non-factory map on 1TB V7 able to check/share their Clutch status in case this is just a Guzzidiag glitch? Also welcome any suggestions of what else might be causing it.

Diolch

Offline fabius1961

• New Egg
« Reply #1401 on: February 10, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »
Some news:
after 250km I have find the bike more plush but I have not solve the problem of the rich mixture and of the fuel drink ;D.
When I have time I want test the engine temp sensor that Antmanbee says.
Thanks thanks to all.

Ciao
Fabio

Offline antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1402 on: February 10, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
Be very careful when you unscrew the sensor, because the sensor holder is made out of plastic and prone to breaking. There is a brass sensor holder available and you should probably source one ahead of time if this is your only bike and you depend on it for daily transportation.
I was lucky and mine unscrewed without a problem.

Offline Zemljan

• New Egg
« Reply #1403 on: February 20, 2018, 12:20:38 AM »
Hi, I am trying to reed this manual but I can't find it. Has it been removed or am I missing something?
Thanks

Offline Meinolf

• Gosling
« Reply #1404 on: February 20, 2018, 02:08:07 AM »
Hi Rick,

Does anyone have an improved map for an 04 California Titanium 1100 with the 15M computer?

send me your email address and I'll send you my reworked version for the Cali. You need to follow the adjustment procedure in order to realize the benefits
- TPS set to 157mV as base setting
- CO trim set to zero
- both bypass screws completely closed
- idle sync with both throttle valve stop screws
- running sync as usual

I also recommend setting valve play to 0.3mm for intake/exhaust. The ramp of the Guzzi camshafts of that period is very long, the valves are already slightly open for >100°, thus loosing mean pressure and time for the valves to conduct heat to the valve seats.

Cheers
Meinolf

Offline Guzriter

• Hoochie-Guzzi Man
  • New Egg
  • //www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ4NFsw4bOU
« Reply #1405 on: March 10, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
Hi, I am trying to reed this manual but I can't find it. Has it been removed or am I missing something?
Thanks

I'm having the same problem trying to open Beetle's link for the manual. When i hit the link, iot just sends me to the same page where the original post is listed. What is the trick to opening the link?
2000 MG Quota
Plus many others in various stages of rebuild!

beetle

« Reply #1406 on: March 10, 2018, 04:58:51 PM »
GuzziDiag tutorial in PDF.

http://www.griso.org/GuzziDiag.pdf

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #1407 on: April 22, 2018, 11:02:36 AM »
Another note of thanks to Mark (Beetle) here, I downloaded the stock 2015 SE Griso map last night and loaded it up...makes a world of difference, completely eliminated the flat spot in low revs between 2-4K RPM...bike is much smoother.

Time to take it out for a longer ride today and see how it behaves.  Am really enjoying the contrast between the newer 4V Griso, my older 2V Norge and the Scura...all so different, all so very satisfying in their own ways.

Thanks again!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline nyITguy

• New Egg
« Reply #1408 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »
So, for what it's worth, the chugging problems I was having on my Breva 750 between 3500 and 4500 RPMs disappeared when I replaced my mufflers (with used stock Franconis), the insides of which were worn out and rattling around. I had been convinced that it was a fueling issue, and thought it could be solved by tweaking maps, etc. Swapping mufflers was much easier.

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1409 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »
well, got messages from LonElec... seems my cables have shipped. Now for the indeterminable wait for the Royal Mail / USPS to get it to my house...

I just started week 4 of my wait...
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here