Author Topic: New 2015 Limited Edition V7 Racer Verde Legnano US Market only - merged threadfest  (Read 36523 times)

Offline pocphil

• Owner - ClevelandMoto
  • Hatchling
    • ClevelandMoto
The following is copy directly from Moto Guzzi USA -

We are pleased to announce a Special Edition V7 Racer that has been developed in Mandello del Lario exclusively for the USA customer. This 2015 V7 Racer will be presented to the customer with a stunning "Verde Legnano" tank. This design pays perfect homage to the iconic Lino Tonti designed V7 Sport of 1971 which many consider to be the most beautiful Moto Guzzi ever built.

Only 50 units of this Verde Legnano Special Edition will be made available, giving the owner a much cherished and unique machine that celebrates the heritage of the V7 model and the revolutionary designer who created a heritage that continues today.

These are not specifically "numbered" bikes like the 2013 V7 Racers.

There is NO indication at this point that you will be able to order ONLY the green gas tank from your dealer. The bikes are not V7 II's

And here's the original for comparison...

If the pictures don't load (they're kinda big) just go to the front page of my website, I've got them posted there and clicking on them will link you out to the full size images for closer scrutiny. www.clevelandmoto.c om

Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Charlie

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
So what, it's beautiful. That chrome tank was probably my biggest objection to that bike. Green with red frame looks great. Gimmie one with Stone wheels and I might just need another V7.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
See... We're suckers. The U.S. is enamored with paint. They've been doing this for years. How is this any different?  They will sell trust me.

The drama that's created by small changes on this board to the V7 is something to behold.  We have pages and pages of "how much gas does the new tank hold??" and gear ratios of a 6 speed.  In the end, the conclusion is ho hum...  but boy does it get the wallets to jump out of the wadded panties.  Winter is high time.  Watch this one play out..
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:01:03 PM by kevdog3019 »
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Wildguzzi.com

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
This is just a way to get rid of the remaining 5 speeds and old engine mounted frames.

So in other words they are going to use the U. S. market to dump the leftover frames and transmissions into.

I would hope people are smarter then that.

Buy the tank and re-paint the bike yourself.

As it is the U.S. 2015 is already a dumping ground. Larger audience percentage of weak minded sheep goes up. Smaller population in Europe makes for a more difficult wool pulling exercise.

OK, I'm looking at this picture of that bike. This is nothing more then just paint for cripes sakes.

Spot on!  ;-T  This tank looks like a leftover V7 from a couple years back.  Maybe just leftover paint.  Are we that forgetful?  You all remember that greenie?  Maybe that was the cafe?  It's getting hard to keep up.  Looks like an old parts bin re-constituted exercise.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:13:16 PM by kevdog3019 »
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
I for one remember loving the Green Café.

I also remember saying "too bad they didn't paint the frame too".

I also remember saying "I like the Racer, but I HATE the chrome tank".

Sucker for paint? OK, sure... I like what I like.

And I have no problem with the current bike.... and the current racer has some things my Stone does not. I THINK I could actually own and enjoy both...

Not saying I will - doesn't look like it if only 50 being made.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
This is just a way to get rid of the remaining 5 speeds and old engine mounted frames.

So in other words they are going to use the U. S. market to dump the leftover frames and transmissions into.

I would hope people are smarter then that.

Buy the tank and re-paint the bike yourself.

As it is the U.S. 2015 is already a dumping ground. Larger audience percentage of weak minded sheep goes up. Smaller population in Europe makes for a more difficult wool pulling exercise.

OK, I'm looking at this picture of that bike. This is nothing more then just paint for cripes sakes.

Well said!

and that candy color red on the frame is all wrong..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline pocphil

• Owner - ClevelandMoto
  • Hatchling
    • ClevelandMoto
Here's an '09 That we did for a customer a few years ago.

Keep in mind that was a plastic tank.

I don't think people are going to throw their wallets at dealers, I just think it's nice they're giving people an option.

I don't think it's nefarious or underhanded. To me it seems like "hey, a lot of people said they didn't dig the chrome tank, but, they like everything else. What other guzzi had a red frame? Paint up a few tanks and give people an option."

You'll never make EVERYONE happy "I wish it had mag wheels, 900cc's and a heated speedometer...then I'd buy it right now!"...but you really shouldn't attack them for providing an option.

I also dig the color. It's different compared to everything else all of the other companies are doing (Flat black/titanium/Yawn).

Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Here's an '09 That we did for a customer a few years ago.

Keep in mind that was a plastic tank.

I don't think people are going to throw their wallets at dealers, I just think it's nice they're giving people an option.

I don't think it's nefarious or underhanded. To me it seems like "hey, a lot of people said they didn't dig the chrome tank, but, they like everything else. What other guzzi had a red frame? Paint up a few tanks and give people an option."

You'll never make EVERYONE happy "I wish it had mag wheels, 900cc's and a heated speedometer...then I'd buy it right now!"...but you really shouldn't attack them for providing an option.

I also dig the color. It's different compared to everything else all of the other companies are doing (Flat black/titanium/Yawn).

Without sounding philosophical, all bikes are options Phil.  We're pointing out some rather obvious things with this snow job.  This one takes the cake is all I'm saying. 
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero

Very nice. I wish they would add or give the option for dual discs upfront. Then again, like paint, I guess one can add this later for personal taste.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Bill Hagan

I like that one fine, tho the whole racing badge thing isn't my shot of grappa.

And, I have started a V7 piggy gosling bank, but a) there's not enough in it yet to fill a V7's tank with JP4 recreational fuel, much less buy one; and, 2) this V7 isn't the one. ::)

Seriously, while I don't think ABS is the kitten's mew and thus would not rule out a machine -- and particular, this model -- without it, I want to see if Mandello does anything more dramatic than livery to the US-bound V7 line before putting money anywhere near my mouth.  

While never seeming to mind the sight of competitors' taillights receding into the distance, at some point, I would think that Piaggio needs to reel in at least some of that gap with ABS, TC, etc., or fold their Guzzi hand in some or all models.   :'(

But, I'm predicting they will do something beyond paint, and that the Moto Grappa will get a new member c'17.  By then, too, I figure Luigi's parts bin will get a bit lower, too.  :D

Bill

[Edited because I am too stupid to see what auto text thought I should type before I post.   ::) ]

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:18:40 PM by Bill Hagan »

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
I like it. I like the green tank, I like the red frame, I could do without the 7s.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Penderic

The tank will probably fit on the new V7 II motorcycle, so you could buy the Racer Special and a V7 II and swap tanks.

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
There sure are a lot of colors on the V7R/L :o
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline M0T0Geezer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • The Ones I Rode
So what, it's beautiful. That chrome tank was probably my biggest objection to that bike. Green with red frame looks great. Gimmie one with Stone wheels and I might just need another V7.

:+1 DITTO TO WHAT KEV SAID  :+1

The chrome & leather schtick was a little too glam for my tastes.

I have a 5-speed ('04 Breva 750) and in 30,000 miles there has never been a moment when I wished it had 6 speeds.  The wide torque curve on the thrusty lil' 750 motor would be just as happy with only 3-speeds.

Just hoping M-G not planning to assault their demographic with overly high prices.

'Geezer
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA

My 65+ years of motorcycling here:

http://www.dansher.com/mywheels.htm

Wisdom from the road:

http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html

Play guitar or keyboard?  You will like:

http://www.dansher.com/audio/pdf_tunes.html

Online steven c

• Gaggle Hero
 I like it!
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
The tank will probably fit on the new V7 II motorcycle, so you could buy the Racer Special and a V7 II and swap tanks.

See what I mean about all the hype.  Now people are talking about buying two bikes.  Their marketing department is brilliant!  ;-T
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero

:+1 DITTO TO WHAT KEV SAID  :+1

The chrome & leather schtick was a little too glam for my tastes.

I have a 5-speed ('04 Breva 750) and in 30,000 miles there has never been a moment when I wished it had 6 speeds.  The wide torque curve on the thrusty lil' 750 motor would be just as happy with only 3-speeds.

Just hoping M-G not planning to assault their demographic with overly high prices.

'Geezer

I have had several 5 speed small blocks and can't see the need for a 6 speed. A 4 speed would be perfect.
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
I have had several 5 speed small blocks and can't see the need for a 6 speed. A 4 speed would be perfect.

4-speed perhaps a little too l-o-n-g
5-speed perfect
6-speed not getting it "currently".  Part of a grand plan?
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Send out your tank to a painter. The fenders you can do with rattle can flat black.

You're running out of room in that garage.
And all I have to do is completely strip the bike to the frame so I can send it out for powdercoating. :o
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
5-speed perfect

I can just imagine 3rd gear heaven like on my Quota.  3rd gear was great for anything between 30 and 70.  Having had a 6 speed CARC and several 6 speed Ducati's the Italian like to gear to the moon. 6th gear on all the Italian bikes I've has was great at about 95 MPH+. Other than that pretty useless.
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
And all I have to do is completely strip the bike to the frame so I can send it out for powdercoating. :o

Or you could buy my V7R w/

Black tank
Breva 750 wheels
Gauge lowering bracket
MAS engineering fender eliminator
Mistral SS exhaust
Mistral crossover
GuzziTech ECU flash
And all the stock goodies

Less than 6,000 miles

$8,499.00

2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
I can just imagine 3rd gear heaven like on my Quota.  3rd gear was great for anything between 30 and 70.  Having had a 6 speed CARC and several 6 speed Ducati's the Italian like to gear to the moon. 6th gear on all the Italian bikes I've has was great at about 95 MPH+. Other than that pretty useless.

I rarely hit 5th on the sb's.  Autobahn??
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Bill Hagan

5-speed perfect

Marketing.

Our base Honda Fit with a 5-speed manual tranny is a great machine.  A C-130 of cars.  Does it all without fuss or fanfare.  A bit spartan, but we are just fine with that.  But, on the slab at mildly illegal speeds, the engine is at 3K and working harder than it needs to work.  It would also get even better mpg if it had another cog or if 5th were a bit taller.

So, for 2015, Honda decided to make the manual into a 6-speed.  Cool, I thought.  Maybe we should replace our 125K model.

Then, I saw that the new 6 was the same ratio as the old 5th.  Huh?

Gotta be marketing as with only the top end needed fixing and now Fit owners can paddle their way up to speed with more effort and less gain.

Bill

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Jeezuz Christmas this is a rough crowd.   Guzzi doesn't listen to us!  When Guzzi does something proactive it's a scam.  Why can't they let new bikes sit on the floor for 10 years like they used to so I can buy them dirt cheap?  Why are dealers going out of business?   Why aren't there more dealers?

You guys kill me.  Never satisfied.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

lucydad

Rodger that Kev said.  Like the green.  Never liked the chrome V7R tanks, my 2012 with black tank is much more handsome.

Waiting for Moto Guzzi to build a bit more powerful Cafe.  Then I will bite.

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
Jeezuz Christmas this is a rough crowd.   Guzzi doesn't listen to us!  When Guzzi does something proactive it's a scam.  Why can't they let new bikes sit on the floor for 10 years like they used to so I can buy them dirt cheap?  Why are dealers going out of business?   Why aren't there more dealers?

You guys kill me.  Never satisfied.

Actually Guzzi satisfied my needs in the 70's ;D If Guzzi listened to me points & condenser, Loop frames and LM1's would be current offerings.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:00:34 PM by Perazzimx14 »
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Bill Hagan

Jeezuz Christmas this is a rough crowd.   Guzzi doesn't listen to us!  When Guzzi does something proactive it's a scam.  Why can't they let new bikes sit on the floor for 10 years like they used to so I can buy them dirt cheap?  Why are dealers going out of business?   Why aren't there more dealers?

You guys kill me.  Never satisfied.

As a guy who has bought four new Guzzis in this century and been responsible for other new sales -- including three by my brother -- no guilt on my end for voicing an opinion on this.

I have in mind getting a V7, and like the present model just fine.  The timing isn't right for me, but will be.  In the meantime, I see nothing wrong with hoping the Piaggio suits are doing something to improve the marque.  

I lust for several retro and vintage motorcycles, but am just not a "Bring Back the Eldo" kind of guy.  I may be a fossil, but do not think a motorcycle company can survive, much less thrive, if it is stuck in 19XX.

Time for a sip of something from Kentucky while I watch another episode of Commissario Montalbano.  I commend both of those to all of you, too.  :D

Ciao.

Bill

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
For the record I too love, PREFER, and  appreciate the old stuff.  3 of my 4 Guzzi bikes are 40+ years old.  

But we all should be invested in 2015 Guzzi surviving.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:07:18 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Where's the finger twirling emoticon?
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here