Author Topic: New 2015 Limited Edition V7 Racer Verde Legnano US Market only - merged threadfest  (Read 36563 times)

LongRanger

Just... scrub the black off the rims (I like the standard aluminum rim look).

Me too.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
I like the idea. Yes, it's marketing, but it's a good and simple move if it will help sell more bikes. Triumph does this with its modern classics (Bonneville, T100, Thruxton). A bit of paint here, a decal there, and you have a new limited edition that people want.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
just a way to tart up NOS for the US market. We get new paint the rest of the world get V7 II. It's wrong, just wrong!  :beat_horse

Paul
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Tart up?

Tone down, if you ask me.

The chrome tanks have been done to death...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Wildguzzi.com

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
I like the green tank. <shrug> No whinging from me.. ;D
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders

;-T :+1

And the red frame.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

oldbike54

Maybe we should create a no whinging zone  ;D

Dusty
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:42:23 AM by oldbike54 »

Penderic

I wonder if the yet to be announced Euro Special Racer V7 II limited edition will look exactly the same. (cept for the Euro spec bits of course)

;)

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
Their "Limited Edition Racer" is starting to remind me a lot of Barbara Striesand's "final concert tour" that happened more than once.   :wife: 

Just poking fun, but love watching the excitement that comes about with ANY change of ANYTHING with this bike.  Guzzi could stick a dog turd on the front fender and there would be smell-fest of opinions for purchase.  :P
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
If I were in the market for a new Racer, I'd probably try to see if I could get my hands on that model, but I'm not racing out to my dealer to replace my chrome-tanked goddess. I wonder how much extra they will charge for what looks like just different tank paint. If the bike came set up with some upgraded suspension, a color matched Record kit and the Arrow pipes then it might be something limited and "special".  I think they should have at least made the rear cowl green too. FWIW I've seen DIY green edition V7s that look better than this one, they didn't go far enough.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Online Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
As a comparison triumph has the ace, new church and 214 as limited edition models of the three Bonnie variants. Last year there were at least 2 limited editions. Mechanically I'm told the bikes are unchanged since the move to the 865 motor and fuel injection.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Well,there you have it Joliet, Triumph is obviously big into dumping NOS in the US market too!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
   The first time one of the wires broke its connection off the ignition switch, the second time the junction block for the rectifier/regulator had excessive resistance and melted.

The same has happened to my 2010 V7C - the junction box is fixable on the side of the road with a length of wire, solder, wire cutters & a blue flame cigarette lighter. The ignition needed replacing - after I limped the 5k home. Then there was the rusted drive shaft (thank you NRMA Premium Care for the lift home) - now I grease it regularly. Oh yes, and the broken clutch cable.

Still love it, with only 115,000k under its belt, it doesn't seem to need a TPS re-set. I could use the 22L metal tank; already have changed in the rear sets & lower bars; would appreciate a gloss painted swingarm; but like the white paint job - doesn't show the dirt so much either.

A de-blinged racer would be fine - remove all the fussy bits, paint or vinyl wrap the (22L metal) tank (try leaving the knee indents chrome) & there you go. Sooner or later you may have to spend money on the suspension anyway. And sooner or later you probably make other changes that make it yours. It's a guzzi. You just have to decide which is your preferred starting platform.

If I didn't already have a satisfactory mount, I'd be tempted to wait for the Mk II. Easier servicing (all the fill plug point up & all the drain plugs are easily accessible), the clutch, the clutch operating arm & the cable adjustment have been improved. I do occasionally hunt for an overdrive, so an extra gear may work. The new one certainly LOOKS more balanced from afar. I'll have to check out Johannes' Mk II Special once it's been run in. I wonder if he's picked it up yet.

My two cents,

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
If one can wish...I'd love to see the V7 II in 1000S livery: chrome fenders, green frame, black tank and side covers with green stripes that go all the way across the tank.  Dual disc on the front and spoke wheels...perfect.

Lacking that combo how 'bout the baby Stelvio with about 850cc and all the V7 II bits?

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline M0T0Geezer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • The Ones I Rode
I'm holding out for the 6 speed automatic, rear view camera, GPS with several language options, run flat tires, Automatic braking and throttle controls, on the fly suspension adjustment, collision alarm, rain sensor, face shield wiper, temperature controlled heat and air creature environmental comfort settings with body temperature reading options, on board computer that can translate languages, figure out on the fly gas consumptions, air bag, 911 alert if you go off the road and hit something, deer alarm tracking GPS locators front and rear. Ohhhh the automatic monkey butt self adjusting multi air channel seat with the 15 minute warning that a rest stop is eminent.

WHAT ??!!

You forgot to list the Most Importantant Thing: Gold Wing Air Bags.
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA

My 65+ years of motorcycling here:

http://www.dansher.com/mywheels.htm

Wisdom from the road:

http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html

Play guitar or keyboard?  You will like:

http://www.dansher.com/audio/pdf_tunes.html

Offline Hugh Straub

• New Egg
Motorcycledaily.com has an article regarding a limited edition V7 "racer".  The bike is pretty with a snazzy red frame, but with 46 hp at the crankshaft, I'm unclear as to just what it will be racing against.

Brgds

Hugh
"Often wrong, never in doubt"

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Motorcycledaily.com has an article regarding a limited edition V7 "racer".  The bike is pretty with a snazzy red frame, but with 46 hp at the crankshaft, I'm unclear as to just what it will be racing against.

OH BOY, here we go again.

And HEY, it's 50 CRANKSHAFT HP DAMNIT - every single one counts when bitching about it.  :wife:  :D  :BEER:

(and my V7 Stone is MY FAVORITE bike in my fleet, and pushing for the all-time favorite title right now too).  :bike

So what-ev's!

I still like the V7R and the new special edition with the green tank.  :drool But if/when this post gets merged into the previous thread about it you'll see plenty of angst from others.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:34:41 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Frulk

but with 46 hp at the crankshaft, I'm unclear as to just what it will be racing against.

I bought my V7R with the intent to hunt down Enfield's   :beat_horse
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:24:39 AM by Frulk »

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  But if/when this post gets merged into the previous thread about it you'll see plenty of angst from others.

done!

P:)
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
done!

P:)

That was FAST....though I'm not surprised!  :D
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Penderic

And HEY, it's 50 CRANKSHAFT HP DAMNIT - every single one counts when bitching about it.  :wife:  :D  :BEER:

Right on!  ;-T

Lets be precise!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:55:28 AM by Penderic »

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"

V7RL, meet your cousin and fellow US market dumping victim, the V11 Sport Naked

:BEER:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Online Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Charlie

Penderic

And they are expanding production of the V7 II extra special, by retooling the original Piaggio factory!

Displaced workers not happy!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:07:45 PM by Penderic »

Offline menzies

• Gaggle Mentor
I just noticed on Yahoo's home that Moto Guzzi has unveiled the new V7 Verde Legnano Special Edition Racer, I like the look.

I wish I could post it here but my expertise is lacking and I apologize if this has already been posted.
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2007 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Charlie

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
So I noticed that the chrome Racer is no longer part of the US Guzzi bike lineup on US website. http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/ The only have the Green Legnanao limited edition. Anyone with any "insider" knowledge??
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"

What are you wanting to know?

It's well documented and discussed that the "green tank racer" is a USA-only special edition for 2015.

Verde Legnano SE is just a regular V7 Racer, but with the green fuel tank...  It's not a V7-II...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here