Author Topic: Flat Track Returns to OKC (18 Jun) (NAR Camping)  (Read 15991 times)

oldbike54

Re: Flat Track Returns to OKC (UPDATE: CAMPING & BBQ)
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2016, 01:31:16 PM »
 June 18 fellas , who is coming? Shawn is sending some info to LR . What is the skinny John ?

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »
Dusty, I did receive an e-mail.   He sent me the latest poster.  Rather repost it here, I'll just send the web site

https://okcmile.com/

Here are my plans:

I'll arrange for camping at Lake Arcadia.  We can split the camping fees and I'll set up my travel trailer as basecamp.  Since I can't reserve campsites in advance, send me a post or PM and I'll work a headcount.  I'll try to find a several campsites together on Friday and call you later in the day provide directions, campsite numbers, etc.  FYI- There are 4 different campgrounds on the lake that are several miles apart.  I'll need your cell numbers to get back to you.

If you don't camp there are many hotel options starting around $70 a night in the same area. 

I am heading out on vacation tomorrow, so I might not be plugged into the board.  I plan to be back here a week or so before the race,  so send me a PM anytime, I'll check it when I get a chance and plan accordingly. 

Basically this is the same info I mentioned before. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Flat Track Returns to OKC (18 Jun) (NAR Camping)
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 02:36:34 PM »
got this e-mail

Hello John, we are currently up to 3000+ seating in general admission.  Will continue to add as ticket sales increase!  You are welcome to bring lawn chairs but there is going to be some really good grand stand seating it will just be first come first serve!  I think viewing, even from a lawn chair, will be great especially as long as its in view of the giant jumbo tron on the front straight as it will provide the best view to the back straight for everyone.

Thank you,

Shawn Brassfield
BrassMonkey Promotions llc
580-320-3550

we can some ribs at Leo's BBQ and get to track at early. 

practice 3pm
paddock 5:15
opening ceremonies: 6:30

It looks like we might get a good crowd but when I go out on the bike and talk other riders and race fans, they nothing about it. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »
 John , it is an unfortunate fact that most motorcycle riders are unaware of any motorcycle related events besides the biker rallies . Motorcycles on the mile is the greatest form of racing , period . Yet most folks simply don't care , SX draws crowds of 40,000 , and is mostly a parade , and Nascar , while it isn't what it was , still pulls large attendance numbers for what amounts to crash fests and pit stops . Seems to be all about marketing and brand identification , which FT lacks . 

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:40 PM »
I was just talking to the "geologists" guys that ride new style Beemers.  We were yacking Sunday about Rossi's blown engine in the morning's race but he didn't know anything about the Mile. 

Yeah, he seemed pretty jazzed about it when I told him.

It's not the first time I had those conversations. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:03:33 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »
 So who is in fellas ? If you have never watched flat trackers on a mile , you have no idea what you're missing . Time to get a good head count . I know Big Tony and Large Bernie are coming down from Wichita , that is if Bernie doesn't get a hold of the guy that gave his brother free tickets that turned out to be completely counterfeit  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »
Wish I could go :rolleyes:

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2016, 11:04:30 PM »
I'll work out a list when I get back home later in the week.  SO far, only one confirmed, Chris in Tulsa. 

Maybe not so much interest in the race. 
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
I'll work out a list when I get back home later in the week.  SO far, only one confirmed, Chris in Tulsa. 

Maybe not so much interest in the race.

Doug , John , Chris , and I will be coming down , my niece and her husband will be there , at least two from Kansas , and maybe a couple more from Muskogee . Plenty of interest , but maybe the promoter needs to move it away from Fathers Day weekend .

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2016, 08:34:14 AM »
Doug , John , Chris , and I will be coming down , my niece and her husband will be there , at least two from Kansas , and maybe a couple more from Muskogee . Plenty of interest , but maybe the promoter needs to move it away from Fathers Day weekend .

Dusty

I am trying to work out who is camping and cooking by the campfire. Right now, Chris is the only one that's contacted me.  I'll be back in town tomorrow. 
John L 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
I am trying to work out who is camping and cooking by the campfire. Right now, Chris is the only one that's contacted me.  I'll be back in town tomorrow.

It's all good Johnny, Ill be there. Leaving springburg on Friday.

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2016, 06:11:09 PM »
I'll be there, but it's like only 10 miles away.

Darren
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:50:08 PM by Darren Williams »
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

oldbike54

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »
I'll be there, but it's like only 10 miles away.

Since it's a MotoGP weekend, I could set up a big TV on the deck of the pool and we could watch the race???  Also build a fire in the firepit and if some want to primitive camp in the backyard with a million bugs, I'll mow the weeds! 

Darren

What time will we be watching the gp ?  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2016, 06:53:05 PM »
Doh!  Messed up, MotoGP has an extra week gap they snuck in on me.

No races that weekend. Can always re-watch previous races?
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2016, 07:22:38 PM »
Dusty, I did receive an e-mail.   He sent me the latest poster.  Rather repost it here, I'll just send the web site

https://okcmile.com/

Here are my plans:

I'll arrange for camping at Lake Arcadia.  We can split the camping fees and I'll set up my travel trailer as basecamp.  Since I can't reserve campsites in advance, send me a post or PM and I'll work a headcount.  I'll try to find a several campsites together on Friday and call you later in the day provide directions, campsite numbers, etc.  FYI- There are 4 different campgrounds on the lake that are several miles apart.  I'll need your cell numbers to get back to you.

If you don't camp there are many hotel options starting around $70 a night in the same area. 

I am heading out on vacation tomorrow, so I might not be plugged into the board.  I plan to be back here a week or so before the race,  so send me a PM anytime, I'll check it when I get a chance and plan accordingly. 

Basically this is the same info I mentioned before.

I am trying to get a headcount so I can arrange for camping on Friday and Saturday night. Since I can't reserve a campsite in advance. I can let everyone know on Friday exactly which campground and sites.

So far, Chris is the only one that's in.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:23:16 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »
I am trying to get a headcount so I can arrange for camping on Friday and Saturday night. Since I can't reserve a campsite in advance. I can let everyone know on Friday exactly which campground and sites.

So far, Chris is the only one that's in.

So..........what am I? chop liver?

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
So..........what am I? chop liver?

are you camping ?  when are you getting here?  I didn't get a notice, a call or a PM. 
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »
OK,

I've heard from Dusty, Doug, Chris and John.  Coming here Friday.  I'll try to procure a campsite Friday early.  BTW- all the three campgrounds at the lake (RV and Primitive) were all filled by noon today. 

So I'll go after it early Friday and call or meet you at Seaba Sta.
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2016, 05:31:23 PM »
I've got three spare bedrooms at my place.  But I am hopeful to get around early and procure a couple of campsites. 
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2016, 07:49:04 AM »
It looks Chris will camp.  John will stay at my place.  Dusty will stay with his sister.  And I've not heard from Doug but I have a room for him. 

We'll do a BBQ at my house on Friday. 

Someone might give Doug a call. 
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »
 Chris , give me a call please .

Dusty

twowings

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
I'm out.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2016, 10:00:09 PM »

Dusty is pontificating about his belief in aliens @ lowriters house after a great dinner : )

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »
it's chasing Dusty..

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:32:48 AM by LowRyter »
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
Just to clarify , I am the only one in the room claiming to NEVER have seen a UFO  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2016, 01:38:17 AM »
I've never seen one
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
I didn't get any photos of UFOs or the "aliens" that visited me from outta town.

Here are a couple of shots from the track.

The place was really packed.  I am sure we'll get them to return next year.  I was a little disappointed with track surface, it was pretty slick and the racing strung out.  No draft passes.  You did see guys hanging on for dear life.  Mees #1 was hooked up and gone.  The weather turned really nice and then we got a flood 10 minutes after the chex.   
John L 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
It was a great weekend, thanks to you and Bev for letting us stay at your beautiful home John. And your country style ribs were great!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2016, 09:00:28 PM »
 Last weekend reaffirmed that I have the best friends in the world  :bow:

Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here