Author Topic: what do you do on Super Bowl Sunday?  (Read 7753 times)

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
Re: what do you do on Super Bowl Sunday?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »
Holy mackerel now 28 to 28!

Rich A

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
Holy mackerel now 28 to 28!

Rich A

As I was saying....
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

oldbike54

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
 What a great game , both teams are winners  :bow: Yeah , football might be a stupid game , but the catch by Edelman was incredible .

Wholey Schmidt , what an ending !

Dusty

Offline ratguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
    • road kill
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2017, 09:36:47 PM »
When is it? Was riding my guzzi today.
John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL

"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2017, 09:36:47 PM »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »
went out with a couple of our oldest friends at Buca di Beppo a fabulous Italian family style restaurant, with no TV's.. holy cow, this place usually has a line out the door and tonight the parking lot was nearly empty. there were several birthday party's and the staff was singing to them..but quite a few empty tables.. I'll bet this is there worst night of the year..

Apple Gorgonzola Salad

Shrimp Fra Diavolo Garlic shrimp and crushed red pepper with penne in spicy rosa sauce.

Penne al Forno Saut'ed spicy Italian sausage, prosciutto and pepperoni tossed with ricotta and our homemade marinara sauce, topped with provolone, mozzarella and Parmesan.
7 drinks.. wine was 10./glass
$178..

came home to watch the recorded SB commercials and half time..

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:14:25 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »
For me, the game started at 00:30am.

At 03:00am when Atlanta went up 28-3, I went to bed. What a surprise this morning!
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:41 AM »
Poor Falcons, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.   :sad:  It was as if the half times were switched.  The Falcons killed it in the first, but just got no where in the second.  The Patriots owned the second.  Oh well, baseball is right around the corner and I'm eager to see how the Cubs are going to do this year.   
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »
At least it was not a boring game!    After the first quarter, thought for sure the Patriots were finished...obviousl y not!! :cool:

With no commercial TV anymore, we went to the Full Moon Saloon to watch the game.  Cool '73 Chevy Malibu in the parking lot.

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2017, 07:58:39 AM »
The old saying is you have to beat the Patriots because they'll never beat themselves. The Falcons beat themselves. After going so far ahead in the first half, they came out in the second half and played zone, quit getting pressure on Brady, who looked very ordinary when under pressure.. and let him stand back there and pick them apart with dinks and dunks.
Even at that, the Falcons had the game in the bag after that circus catch by Julio Jones. Ball on the 20 and 3 minutes or so to go. All you have to do is run the ball 3 times, take considerable time off the clock, make the Pats use all their time outs, kick the chip shot field goal and give them ball needing 2 scores and no time or time outs. <shrug>
Whatever you do..**don't take a sack.** What did the Falcons do? Threw the ball, took a sack, got out of even long field goal range and... game over.
The Falcons beat themselves, just as the Seahawks did last year. I think coaches let Belicheck get in their heads and quit doing what they do best when the chips are down.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2017, 08:19:47 AM »
Too cold to ride so worked on the "other" hobby.

Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Moto

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »
The old saying is you have to beat the Patriots because they'll never beat themselves.... I think coaches let Belicheck get in their heads and quit doing what they do best when the chips are down.

Exactly!  :thumb: Your analysis covered all that needs to be said, for me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:33:36 AM by Moto »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
Harley Bob? 
I thought Dorcia's sister was married to Cessna Bob   :laugh:

He's Harley Bob on a bike forum.  :smiley: If it ain't a Harley, it ain't squat. There's no accounting for tastes. <shrug>

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
Too cold to ride so worked on the "other" hobby.

Those are beauties.. :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline BRIO

• Gosling
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2017, 10:21:24 AM »
I got paid holiday pay to show up at work because a middle aged man with a wife, kids, and plenty of responsibilities decided to call in sick. A grown man inconvenienced about 100 people for a god damn entertainment program on television.

:thewife:

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »
Entertaining game, like everyone else I thought it was over based on the first half but when they got MO, I kind of knew it was over as they are too good a team with smart leadership. 

Congrats to Pats fans.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »
Skipped the 1st half as usual and was skipping the 2nd 1/2 `till my wife said the Pats were closing the gap.  So I started watching about the 4th quarter and some of the Falcon players started getting penalties for making bad choices.  And like the Phoenix Open golf tournament I watched earlier, the game went into overtime.  So I watched 2 good sports programs yesterday.  :thumb:

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2017, 04:24:57 PM »
What's a Super Bowl?  Is that like a bottomless bowl of steel cut oats at the local diner?

Steve.
Actually did make steel cut oats for the first time in a couple of years on Super Bowl Sunday.  The new Publix sells the good Irish stuff.  No TV so that and getting our new dog were the highlights.  Woke up this morning very surprised at the outcome - last checked in with the score 28-9.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

oldbike54

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »
 Well , there is this . Apparently Eugenie Bouchard accepted a bet from a Pats fan sometime during the 3rd quarter when it looked bad for the Pats . Now Canada's sweetheart has to go on a date with the guy . Damn damn damn , lucky dude indeed . Who knew she was even aware of the stuporbowl  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »
Superbowl Sunday was Monday the 6th here.  Waitangi Day (our equivalent to July 4th) and we have a day off.

The game was aired here but I didn't watch it and I don't know if many did. I think most NZers can not understand why anyone would invent such a game when they could be playing Rugby.

Anyway, I usually chose to have a birthday on Feb6th. Quiet one this year.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »
Happy Birthday, John.  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
getting our new dog were the highlights. 
open a new thread and tell that story.. with pics.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »
  I pulled uptake complete lady Ga Ga halftime show on the net.  She put on what had to be the most extravagant
half time show ever seen!   I will spend some time this week finding the commercials.  From the clips I saw, if you watched the last quarter, you saw everything relevant to the game.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 08:19:47 AM »
Happy Birthday, John.  :smiley:

Thanks Chuck.   :azn:
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

oldbike54

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »
 So are birthdays optional in Kiwiland ? :laugh:

Happy birthday John  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 08:34:59 AM »
Superbowl Sunday was Monday the 6th here.  Waitangi Day (our equivalent to July 4th) and we have a day off.

The game was aired here but I didn't watch it and I don't know if many did. I think most NZers can not understand why anyone would invent such a game when they could be playing Rugby.

Anyway, I usually chose to have a birthday on Feb6th. Quiet one this year.
Happy Birthday way down there John!
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline samfrank

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »
I watched this super bowl and every previous super bowl for the past 25 years. I also watched every Steeler game this past season and every previous season for the past 10 years. It's great to go to the cigar bar and put back a few while puffing on your favorite stogie watching a sporting event. I'll also try to get to 4-5 Pirate games (that's professional baseball) yearly. Living in a major metropolitan city, sports is a big deal for many residents. Are the dollar amounts associated with professional sports obscene?..absolutely. Just as for any player/owner/producer in the entertainment game. Movies, sports, nascar, television, what have you (maybe not nascar as I don't follow it). That's what makes the true Guzzi community so lovable. They'll certainly march to their own drummer. I love the super bowl time because emotionally I know that the riding season is not too far away!
1973 Eldorado
2013 Norge - moving to Arizona to live with John.
2015 Yamaha FJR1300

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 11:17:36 AM »
I watched this super bowl and every previous super bowl for the past 25 years. I also watched every Steeler game this past season and every previous season for the past 10 years. It's great to go to the cigar bar and put back a few while puffing on your favorite stogie watching a sporting event. I'll also try to get to 4-5 Pirate games (that's professional baseball) yearly. Living in a major metropolitan city, sports is a big deal for many residents. Are the dollar amounts associated with professional sports obscene?..absolutely. Just as for any player/owner/producer in the entertainment game. Movies, sports, nascar, television, what have you (maybe not nascar as I don't follow it). That's what makes the true Guzzi community so lovable. They'll certainly march to their own drummer. I love the super bowl time because emotionally I know that the riding season is not too far away!

Likewise, I've watched every Colts game since they came to Indy. I've always admired people that are good at what they do, no matter what it is. When the Colts came to Indy, I thought, even the worst player in the NFL is one hell of an athlete. It was true. We did have some of the worst then.  :grin: ' Before that, I had paid no attention to the NFL. Indy was basketball country.
Football was slow to catch on here. I went to training camp (in my home town) when there would be maybe 50 people there. Naturally, I met some of the player's parents. I used to ride my Ducati Darmah, and Marshall Faulk fell in love with it.  :smiley: (Italian motorcycle content).
He bought the first 916 sold in Indiana because of that, I assume.
We had season tickets during most of the Peyton Manning era.
Expensive?? The first ones we bought were 15 bux. When I gave up our tickets to a friend when Peyton left, they had risen to $45. Still cheap for a the good times we had.. both tailgating and games. Made some lifetime friends..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »
I don't keep up with football all season, but I do watch the superb owl.

hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
Well, blood pressure skyrocketing during 1st quarter.  Head spinning second.  Started chocking myself beginning of the third, it seemed appropriate given my  Pats' performance.  And then, and then, wow.!

It is amazing how many incredible plays the receivers made on both teams.  I was sure they had gone to the comeback well once too often.  Maybe that's why they are millionaires and I can't even afford a small block. :laugh:

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2017, 11:46:09 AM »
I shot quite a few arrows with my 1968 Hoyt recurve bow at a plastic pole 140 metres away in a field with friends doing the same. It was fun.
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here