Author Topic: Motorcycling is dying  (Read 10643 times)

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Motorcycling is dying
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2017, 04:10:39 AM »
In the UK horses are the preserve of teenage girls. It was their counter to their brothers’ motorbikes. Now the boys have given bikes up, but the girls still love their horses.

Offline Bluerobotz

• New Egg
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2017, 06:23:51 AM »
Motorcycles for me are a pleasure pursuit, now I'm at a comfortable time in life, both financially and with respect to family. I gave up bikes while I had children who needed me to be there. It wasn't always like this, it was my only means of transport as a young fella.

I wouldn't commute regularly here in Sydney for quids. They ARE out to kill you here. I could save nearly half my 2 hours per day commute time, but my ideal world would be an autonomous car to to this for me while I do other stuff. I wouldn't mind the commute time then, as I could get on with other things.

I must say there is a lot of misconception around the whole autonomous vehicle thing. Just swapping your normal car for one of these doesn't make sense. Being in an association with access to these vehicles does. Keep the thing working for a group of people, who share the costs, and less parking spaces required. I hope this comes to fruition sooner, rather than later so hopefully I can reap the benefits. I would hate to try to work out how much of my life has been wasted in traffic. Bring it on as far as I'm concerned.
2003 B750, 1984 GPz900R A1, 1985 GPz900R A2, 1981 V50 Monza, 1973 Eldorado Civilian

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
Blue brings up a good point about self driving cars. In the near future they will be a small percentage, then continue growing until high saturation. I figure they will make my riding better because they will be a bit more predictable over the driver operated cars where the drivers are just plain stupid or preoccupied. Kind of like everyone riding around with a good Uber driver. As long as motorcycles are allowed on the road with them, I say bring them on.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »
I suppose this means IFF transponders on all vehicles, too. So much for anonymity...

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here