Author Topic: Montreal motorcycle show...  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Montreal motorcycle show...
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:48:50 PM »
Went yesterday and got to see everything I had hoped to except the V7II ;D. But we knew that ;D. On my list to see were the Yamaha Bolt C spec, Honda FB6, Triumph Scrambler, Ducati Scrambler (they had all four models), Yamaha FZ6 and 9, Indian Scout, and the California 1400 Touring. I had ridden the 1400 Custom a year ago this past Thanksgiving break and liked it. The Touring was up on a pedastal and the didn't want me to climb up there at first...but I convinced them to let me. I was a little disappointed with the Ducati Scrambler but I still want to ride it as I think from what I've read it's going to be a bit of a sleeper. I was most impressed with with the Cali 1400! If I were to try a larger touring bike it would be a top 3 contender, with the 15' FB6 and a 15' Road Glide rounding out the top three of that class. To much of a stretch to the foot controls of the Scout but I guess they offer some for us shorter folks. I still don't like forward controls though. The Bolt C spec pegs were right for me, the stretch to the bars not so much. The 1-1/2" higher suspension was no problem for my 5'3" 28" inseam dimensions. I can ride most any motorcycle but living with it is another story, that's why a venue like this is such pleasure for me. However impractical the Monster 821 would be, I did like it very much, great for day rides. Sat on others and even got to check out a new version of my Honda snowblower. Like every thing they made it with more things to go wrong. Hopefully I own my very last one!

Stay safe, John

Anybody else go?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:16:42 PM by Adk.IBO »
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
Nice... I'm interested in almost every one of those.... And even like the ones I'm not lol.

I'm shocked how much the Scrambler had gotten my attention, but we've already got the Monster.

The Scout is a serious contender to me....
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Asylum

Re: Montreal motorcycle show...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
I went on Friday night. The Indian Scout, looked beautiful in person. What really got me going was the new BMW s1000r, damn that bike was sweet.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:59:09 PM by Asylum »

Offline Abbienormal

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
I was most impressed with with the Cali 1400! If I were to try a larger touring bike it would be a top 3 contender, with the 15' FB6 and a 15' Road Glide rounding out the top three of that class. To much of a stretch to the foot controls of the Scout but I guess they offer some for us shorter folks. I still don't like forward controls though.

My Cali Tour 1400 is my first cruiser style bike after many sport bikes.  I am not a fan of the forward controls or the floorboards but I must say it is extremely comfortable on a trip.  I do find myself riding a lot with the balls of my feet on the back edge of the floorboards.  It handles better than such a large heavy bike should but the Tour suspension, rear shocks in particular, is lousy in my humble opinion.  I just installed new rear shocks and fork springs but I have not ridden on them yet due to snow.  If you decide to buy a tour I would recommend allowing for this mod. Otherwise I recommend the bike if you want a tourer.
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring
2012 Suzuki 650 V-Strom Adventure
1998 Honda PC 800 Pacific Coast
2 (count them) 1972 Suzuki TS 90
1992 Yamaha Razz 50

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here