Author Topic: It's always something that puts a nix to buying a Harley...  (Read 9950 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: It's always something that puts a nix to buying a Harley...
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
i want the all the cases and the hardware.   :popcorn:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »
When I bought my Vintage, I comparison shopped. The last two bikes on my list were the Vintage and a Road King. Three factors made my decision easy:
     1) the RK weighed 130 lbs more.
     2) the RK dragged the floorboards on one side and the header on the other in sharp turns.
     3) the RK cost was $4,000 higher.
Of lesser importance to me was the superior braking and acceleration of the Guzzi. These two bikes are pretty close in build quality. HD has better paint and chrome, but the California has polished stainless fenders, SS braided brake hoses, and floorboards that are not so far forward...still, I would call them apples to apples. In my case, I passed on the Harley because the Guzzi matched my desired priorities better. Thankfully, I feel I made the right choice; my Vintage has been the best bike I've owned in 47 years of riding. I don't hate Harleys, but they haven't made the right one for me, yet.

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 07:21:48 PM »

shhhhhhhhhhh!

Leafman might see this.    :whip2:

Cheap?  I can offer equal to two KLRs,  $5k cash money.  Now.  Real ca$h.

Meet you at the ATM   :evil:

Mine is NOT the big tank Adventure model, just the regular 5.3 gal GS.  But I do have some guards and lights and add-on stuff to pork it up.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »
Mine is NOT the big tank Adventure model, just the regular 5.3 gal GS.  But I do have some guards and lights and add-on stuff to pork it up.

$5k?  Maybe $4500?  cash, man
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here