Author Topic: For those interested, 1st 106 Roadster mile observations...  (Read 633 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
For those interested, 1st 106 Roadster mile observations...
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
39 degrees and sunny yesterday, couldn't resist. Mostly dry roads. Neighbor asked if I was "happy", my answer: mostly.
Drivetrain:
Ran great, no stumbling, no hiccups, good power, smooth, quick start ups, not to loud :thumb:. No need for 6th gear.
Ergonomics:
Glad I made some adjustments, Reach Seat, 1-1/2" risers. Still a little tweaking necessary, pigeon towed shifting and braking need addressing. Ordered an extended shift peg and may do the same for a brake pedal. For $25 I will get the extended turn signal buttons, should take care of slight awkwardness there. I had purchased a Mustache Bar engine guard, that was a mistake as I can't reach it to stretch out. The rider triangle is a little tight hence the desire for options. I will replace it with adjustable highway bars. Flat feet with my riding boots, can't do that on the Norge unless my wife is aboard.
Wind management:
Ever since acquiring my Aerostitch I've been a bit warm. The Sport Windshield is adequate with clean air where the coverage ends, so far so good. Heat Demons were HOT on high. Heated vest took care of low temps nicely. Looking forward to Windshield removed, vents open on the Stitch in the summer.
Handling:
Front suspension is a little stiff. Miles/break in may be the answer with lighter fork oil a possible remedy if above doesn't cure it. Secondary (fun) roads here are covered with sand along with new tires that need scuffing in so no twisties yet. Very stable with no twitchiness.
Overall:
I just like motorcycles, and spring can't get here quick enough! Looking forward to a day to ride this and my Norge for a back to back comparison. Rain and snow in the forecast the rest of the week.
I might need to address the small (3.3 gallon) fuel tank, time will tell. I've also got to get out to my brother in law's to fab up a trailer hitch after some miles as it may effect the warranty. So far so good. I am liking a dealer in close proximity, haven't had that in 30 years.

All washed off and wiped down ready for more miles!

Safe travels :thumb:
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here