Author Topic: Days like today make motorcycle ownership sooo worth it...  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Days like today make motorcycle ownership sooo worth it...
« on: July 02, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
30 years living and riding in the Adirondacks and wandering around today I discovered a glorious twisty no traffic scenic country road I'd never been on with the sun shining, pleasant temperatures that just was so satisfying. No pics, just cherished memories. I hope ya'll get to have rides like this from time to time :bike-037: :thumb:
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
Re: Days like today make motorcycle ownership sooo worth it...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
That sound like fun!  I have a few 40 mile-ish routes around here that follow the most deserted twisty roads I can find.  I use Google Maps to locate possible twisty roads and then go try them, and when I've found a few that meet the requirements, I start putting them together.  They make great after dinner rides in the long-daylight season.

I also don't have any photos.  :)
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »
That sound like fun!  I have a few 40 mile-ish routes around here that follow the most deserted twisty roads I can find.  I use Google Maps to locate possible twisty roads and then go try them, and when I've found a few that meet the requirements, I start putting them together.  They make great after dinner rides in the long-daylight season.

I also don't have any photos.  :)
That's good. The memory takes longer to fade...

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »
That's good. The memory takes longer to fade...

I hope so, Huzo.   :)
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »
In norCal you can find that feeling last all day and into the next day.  :wink:  Until you've experienced it yourself you won't believe it.  :sad:

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
I'm blessed also to have the blue ridge parkway, smokes mountains, a little over a hour from my house, nearly 700 miles of curvy scenic bliss. Anyone ever want to ride it give me a holler and come stay with me and my wife in our little log house in the Winston Salem area and we will head out for a day or more ride in the most beautiful mountains on the planet, biases opinion:)

Offline moltoguzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 03:48:22 PM »
30 years living and riding in the Adirondacks and wandering around today I discovered a glorious twisty no traffic scenic country road I'd never been on with the sun shining, pleasant temperatures that just was so satisfying. No pics, just cherished memories. I hope ya'll get to have rides like this from time to time :bike-037: :thumb:
love the Adirondacks. I have many good memories riding thru those wonderful mountains. Usually lunch at Long Lake diner and dessert in Cranberry Lake.
BTW where do you get your bike serviced? Just in case I need it. Almost did Americade week, the bike was cutting in and out, thought it was the fueling but turned out to be corroded battery leads.
Ciao

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »
There are some nice roads up there.  I'd pull into an American Legion.  Cheap eats, drinks and a American Legion Post pin.   :thumb: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Tennmoto

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 04:13:54 PM »
We used to go up to Americade from NJ and just leave town and head North for NY and south Vermont
Even though it was in the 40's in June!

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »
Moltoguzzi, my Norge has never seen a dealer since I bought it new in '11. I do my own service. I could help in a pinch...
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here