Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554115 times)

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #540 on: July 19, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
I have now corrected my speedometer to read the correct speed using the speedo corrector. Any idea if there is (or will be coming) a way to correct the fuel mileage readout that is very optimistically low.

Also I have a replacement dash for my Stelvio that I got under warranty since the original one had some fog on the inside. I have been hesitant in putting it on dice the mileage will be reset to zero. Have not found anyone who can correct it since it resides in the dash and not the ecu. Any slick ways to download the mileage to the ecu and then copy it back. Would be nice to just input the new mileage but pretty sure there are some legal implications of doing that independent from a dealer.

No milage isn't adjustable as far as I know. Who cares?

For the dash miles, can be done.
It's just putting a pulse to the speedo or abs sensor input, so that it reeeds max speed. Battery on the tender, and just wait.
I had a new dash and did it thath way, it's just stopping at the right time. It will take some time, you can do the math.

The signal can be made by a tiny program on the guzzidiag download page, then running that on the laptop, and connecting the speaker out to the bike sensor input. I put a small transformer in beween to seperate.

Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #541 on: July 26, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
Got the diag stuff running on an old samsung nc10 atom netbook with debian. Had to install the setserial package (maybe not). Did have to run the programs as root (administrator).

Many thanks to those responsible...
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline canuck1969

• Gosling
« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
Can someone post a link to the Correct Bluetooth reader for android app. Want to make sure I order the right one. 

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »
Can someone post a link to the Correct Bluetooth reader for android app. Want to make sure I order the right one.

I'm curious about the android app.  Which one are you referring to?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

canuguzzi

« Reply #544 on: August 04, 2015, 08:20:29 PM »
ScanM5X

corrected.

In Google Playstore
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:30:09 PM by Norge Pilot »

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #545 on: August 04, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
I have now corrected my speedometer to read the correct speed using the speedo corrector. Any idea if there is (or will be coming) a way to correct the fuel mileage readout that is very optimistically low.

Also I have a replacement dash for my Stelvio that I got under warranty since the original one had some fog on the inside. I have been hesitant in putting it on dice the mileage will be reset to zero. Have not found anyone who can correct it since it resides in the dash and not the ecu. Any slick ways to download the mileage to the ecu and then copy it back. Would be nice to just input the new mileage but pretty sure there are some legal implications of doing that independent from a dealer.
Canuck,
Are you referring to the correction factor in the fuel map? I had mine wrong on reflash and my bike hit 150MPH in my driveway. My driveway is about 70 feet long.  :laugh:

Hunter
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

beetle

« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2015, 03:49:07 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8R0MU8?psc=1

cliffyg

« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2015, 12:23:30 PM »
I have a V7 classic 2010 model, I've downloaded the relevant guzzidiag software in the hope of resetting the tps.
I have followed the tutorial ( I think ) but when it comes to resetting the tps it makes no difference, the 'throttle' window just constantly flashes between 2.69 and 3.10 !.
I'm a bit lost on this  :sad:

Also after letting the reader download the ecu do i need to do the writer part for anything to make affect ?
Help   :embarrassed:

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »
It worked on my Mac.  I'm running OS Yosemite 10.10.4. 

I haven't tried every function, but I managed to connect, copy my original map, and reset the TPS after installing a GuzziTech ECU. 

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:45:35 PM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #549 on: August 12, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »
It worked on my Mac.  I'm running OS Yosemite 10.10.4. 

I haven't tried every function, but I managed to connect, copy my original map, and reset the TPS after installing a GuzziTech ECU. 

One wrinkle: the original map that I copied to my desktop seems to have disappeared . . .
Tim

beetle

« Reply #550 on: August 12, 2015, 03:57:13 PM »
One wrinkle: the original map that I copied to my desktop seems to have disappeared . . .

This seems to occurs with every MacOS user. It's there, it's just not where you expect it to be. Check your desktop, or do a file system search for whatever you called the file. It has a .bin extension.

beetle

« Reply #551 on: August 12, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »
I have a V7 classic 2010 model, I've downloaded the relevant guzzidiag software in the hope of resetting the tps.
I have followed the tutorial ( I think ) but when it comes to resetting the tps it makes no difference, the 'throttle' window just constantly flashes between 2.69 and 3.10 !.
I'm a bit lost on this  :sad:

Also after letting the reader download the ecu do i need to do the writer part for anything to make affect ?
Help   :embarrassed:

The writer is only required if you want to load a new map.

The flashing TPS display is a concern. The flashing may mean a noisy TPS, or a bad connection. Check your TPS wiring.

How does the engine idle?

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #552 on: August 13, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »
How did you get stopped ? :laugh:

Dusty

I was thinking "how do I get that map into my V7?" ... then I realized my driveway joins a highway.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

kris

« Reply #553 on: August 14, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »
Okay, finally got around to giving the Norge a proper tune and re-installed Beetles latest map.  Right away the bike idled rough and had a hard time idling.  So I started raising the co trim and it really started to smooth out.  My question is:  When I disconnect and reconnect to the computer(Mac) and check the co trim it's always back at zero, even if I click "finish" while it's on another number.  I've gone up and down the scale so much I've lost track of where I am.  Is this the way it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?  Also, is it best to start a little high and back off until it starts to run a little rough then add until it smoothes out or should it be done the other way around, starting rough and raising until it smoothes out?  Probably doesn't matter as I think the result would be the same, just want to be sure.

Thanks for any help!  Everyone have a great weekend!!  Hot as hell here in So Cal!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kris

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #554 on: August 14, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
Canuck,
Are you referring to the correction factor in the fuel map? I had mine wrong on reflash and my bike hit 150MPH in my driveway. My driveway is about 70 feet long.  :laugh:

Hunter

How did you get stopped ? :laugh:

Dusty

Wormhole just on the right at the street. Took 7 hours to ride back though. :grin:

Hunter
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

beetle

« Reply #555 on: August 14, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »
When I disconnect and reconnect to the computer(Mac) and check the co trim it's always back at zero

Something isn't right. The CO trim value is set in the non-volatile RAM of the ECU. The value is remembered even after disconnecting the battery. I don't use a Mac, so ice had no experience with the Mac version.

As far as setting the trim, you could try +5, not the difference, then go straight to -5 and see how things change. Or should usually let the engine idle for 30 seconds after clicking finish, so the engine has time to settle.

Offline airheadbruce

• New Egg
« Reply #556 on: August 14, 2015, 10:38:11 PM »
Very happy with Mark's map for my 2013 stelvio. I am not a computer geek so I very cautiously decided to hook up to my new ntx. Damm! Much better and no drama hooking up! After reading all the missteps from others, I almost expected a hiccup...... nope.  Guzzidiag connected right away, adjusted tps, played with co and read the updated map.
Thanks Mark(Beetle)!

cliffyg

« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2015, 05:17:12 PM »
The writer is only required if you want to load a new map.

The flashing TPS display is a concern. The flashing may mean a noisy TPS, or a bad connection. Check your TPS wiring.

How does the engine idle?
Ok thanks for that !. As for running it is pretty bad sort of 'stutters' from cold   :violent1: but fine once warm  :smiley:
I shall check connections tomorrow.

Offline airheadbruce

• New Egg
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
Feedback on using Beetles map 55e1.2015.04.13 on my 2013 Stelvio. Rode 100 miles today, half 60-70mph and half 25-45, getting an indicated 48 mpg's! Played with the co adjustment some the last few days. Minus2, 0, plus 2, plus 4 and plus 5. Went from the plus 5 to 0 last night just to see if going plus was the right way to adjust...... nope.... 0 for me makes for the smoothest off idle to 2500 rpm range. Idle speed was consistently 1200 hot or cold.
Very happy with the map.

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #559 on: August 19, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »
Is there a listing somewhere of the available maps out there?  Something that maybe describes what the maker did, what sort of set-up the map is appropriate for, i.e., completely stock or aftermarket slip-on or open pipe/airbox?   
Tim

Vasco DG

« Reply #560 on: August 19, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »
Is there a listing somewhere of the available maps out there?  Something that maybe describes what the maker did, what sort of set-up the map is appropriate for, i.e., completely stock or aftermarket slip-on or open pipe/airbox?

No point in building maps for open air boxes. As for pipes? Mark has built one no dbk map for the Mistral Hi Pipe and I believe he's currently working on a noisy moron map for a bloke with a modified Termi but AFAIK that's it. Others may of done more work for other set-ups, I dunno. He's off fixing titty-squishers in Tassie at the moment and may not have innerneck access.

Pete

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #561 on: August 19, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
Ok, you lost me at tittie squishers.. <scratching head> Ah! Mammogram machines? :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Vasco DG

« Reply #562 on: August 19, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
Correct! You win the Kewpie doll!

beetle

« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »
Servicing a SPECT/CT today. I've had enough of the the titty squishers.

There is no 'listing' for maps. I have several maps for the Griso in various pipe configurations, as well as maps for be Norge, Sport and Stelvio. Plus some others. If you want a map for a specific setup, ask. The worst I can say is 'no'. I don't have maps for all models and pipes because it takes time and costs money to build a map. Other members have maps for various bikes and pipes too. Want a map? Ask on the forum.

Oh, and I won't build a map for an open airbox. Or stupidly open pipes. This Termi monstrosity is a one-off.

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2015, 06:51:24 PM »
Servicing a SPECT/CT today. I've had enough of the the titty squishers.

There is no 'listing' for maps. I have several maps for the Griso in various pipe configurations, as well as maps for be Norge, Sport and Stelvio. Plus some others. If you want a map for a specific setup, ask. The worst I can say is 'no'. I don't have maps for all models and pipes because it takes time and costs money to build a map. Other members have maps for various bikes and pipes too. Want a map? Ask on the forum.

Oh, and I won't build a map for an open airbox. Or stupidly open pipes. This Termi monstrosity is a one-off.

Ok.  I have a '13 Stelvio, stock at the moment, but I just ordered a Mistral slip-on that I plan to run with the db-killer installed.  Do you have a map for that? 

I have no plans to open the airbox as I understand these engines don't like that.  What about just removing the snorkel?  I'd like a little intake honk to accompany the new can.  This a no-go too?     
Tim

Vasco DG

« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »
Try it and see. The snorkel does make a difference, on Griso's at least, but not a huge difference. Flick me your email in a PM and I can send you the 2O2 map I have. Not sure if it's the latest iteration or not. I take it your bike is a 2O2 and ABS model?

Pete

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2015, 08:37:58 PM »
OK, I finally got my GuzziDiag/ScanM5X test setup in place. Here's the gear:

• Windows 10 tablet 2-in-1 (attachable keyboard)
  • Windows 8.1 laptop (MUCH more powerful, but a bit more to lug around)
  • USB-to-OBDII cable - USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program from Amazon, with genuine FTDI chipset!
  • Goliton� OBD OBD2 16 Pin Connector Diagnostic Adapter for FIAT 3 Pin from Amazon, checked to verify correct pinouts for power
  • Bluetooth OBDII connector - Foseal Car OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android & Windows System from Amazon
  • Android smartphone (HTC Desire 601) with ScanM5X of a reasonably new version of Android

The USB-OBDII connection works with both the tablet and the laptop with GuzziDiag in several recent versions. No difficulty establishing a connection using the automatically downloaded drivers on either device/OS version, and seeing the ECU from GuzziDiag.

The Bluetooth device works with the Android phone, no problems with pairing, configuring Scan5MX, and seeing feedback from the ECU.

The Bluetooth device pairs with both Windows devices with no issues. After pairing is completed, the Windows OS sees two new COM ports. one is listed as 'incoming' and the other is listed as 'outgoing'. GuzziDiag can see both COM ports, but cannot establish a successful connection regardless of which is chosen. I have tried both very rapid connection requests, and more slow attempts. In all cases, the software is unable to see the ECU.

I checked using wildguzzi specific searches to see if I could find a similar issue already addressed here, but either I'm asking the question the wrong way or this is a new issue. I also checked in all the pipes of the Interweb, but nothing so far there. I have a sneaky suspicion I'm missing something, even though I've checked that the device works correctly with Android (but not Windows, or at least its apps) and that the COM port is set as shown on the GuzziDiag website (though their screens show a frame rate setting not available in Win8 or Win10).

The collective wisdom is called upon...
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:27 PM »
The Bluetooth device pairs with both Windows devices with no issues. After pairing is completed, the Windows OS sees two new COM ports. one is listed as 'incoming' and the other is listed as 'outgoing'. GuzziDiag can see both COM ports, but cannot establish a successful connection regardless of which is chosen.

I thought I heard that only the FTDI chip set in the USB cables would handle the unique baud rates used by GuzziDiag.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »
I thought I heard that only the FTDI chip set in the USB cables would handle the unique baud rates used by GuzziDiag.

Well, the 'virtual' COM port used for the Bluetooth device has been set to the same configuration as the FTDI chipset based hardwire cable - and I still remember (through a glass, darkly  :wink: ) most of my old serial communications skills and AT command programming. The evidence that the same device works well with the Android software makes me think it has to be an issue of the app (GuzziDiag) or the communication (data frame size, something similar) on the Windows side. I'm digging to see whether there is an interface to the Bluetooth COM port that lets me tweak that setting...
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

beetle

« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »
GuzziDiag does not work with Bluetooth. No how, no way.  Believe me, I've tried.

Cease now, lest madness take you. 

For resetting TPS and stuff, ScanM5x works a treat, and can do pretty much anything GD can.  No map reading/writing, of course.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here