Author Topic: 2013 NEW Stelio and problems  (Read 1014 times)

Offline VTwins

• New Egg
2013 NEW Stelio and problems
« on: October 31, 2016, 11:18:25 PM »
I bought a left over 2013 Stelvio in April. New, never serviced and full warranty. At 300 miles it started making a noise that sounded as though it was a belt and then a clutch noise. It got worse and lasted longer, to the point as I pulled the clutch in, it would stop the noise. Before 400 miles it started sounding more like a bearing noise, loud and more consistent. So back into the dealer and I told them that the feeling I had was it was the clutch. They tore it apart, inspected the clutch and trans. Nothing. All Good. It's a long story,  and 3 months later...... So, I told the Dealer I wanted a new clutch and trans, as I bought a new bike and wanted a new factory assembled bike not one as good as the mechanic that rebuilt it. The Factory Techs said put it back together and if it still makes noise, we'll give him a new trans and clutch. So, why would it not make noise if they didn't do anything but inspect and found no wear and nothing wrong?  The answer is we want you to reassemble the bike with a NEW alignment tool that you have to wait on from Italy. The new tool is large and mounts with several bolts to the engine. The dealer used the tool realigned the clutch, reassembled the bike and the noise is gone and I now have 1000 miles on it and going strong. What the dealer suspects, and the factory is not admitting is that the clutch issues of 2012 was the result of clutch alignment problems from the factory.   

pete roper

Re: 2013 NEW Stelio and problems
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 11:29:23 PM »
Sorry, but I can't see how that would work.

Glad your problem is fixed though.

Pete

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »
What clutch issues of 2012?
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

pete roper

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
There was a run of shit friction plates in MY 2012's Wayne. I've never seen one but several have been reported here. Apparently Cush springs in the center of the friction plate flog out their retaining bosses, chaos ensues and much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Pete

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 01:50:08 AM »
I dont see how it could work too. do you have a picture of tje tool?
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here