Author Topic: Rallies, go to one!  (Read 16849 times)

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
Rallies, go to one!
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »
The Swampscooters rally has been cancelled.  I'm bummed.  Leafman60 and I just talked and made a few observations.  It seems that rallies have become the domain of boomers who have retired and now have time on their hands.  OK, not just boomers...but mostly so.  At the same time the groups that put on rallies have gotten smaller/older.  Then there is the fact that in any organization you find a small number of people doing most of the work.  Combine all these factors and you get a small number of senior citizens attempting to put on an event and it gets harder every year unless you get new blood into the group.  Then, if your attendance figures do not match what is needed to break even these events become a huge drain on the group, in addition to being a lot of work.

I'm planning to go to the Ohio rally in a week or so.  I went last year and had a great time.  Of course it rained like pure hell for the ride home but that made it 'an adventure'.  The next weekend is Rolling Thunder (Norton event in West Virginia).  The weekend after is Twin Valley Riders at Meadows of Dan, Virginia.  In between those last two I want to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway.  Think about it; three weekends, three rallies, lots of motorcycle conversation with old and new friends and a bunch of good riding thrown in.  There will be some camping, a few motels, and a chance to really smell the countryside. 

OK, the crux of this rant...If you did not ride to a rally this year you missed a lot of fun.  Try to correct that in the fall or next year.  Join in the community of riders who actually get away from home base for a weekend or so.  Mingle and find new friends.  Explore new parts of the country.  Support those folks who are putting on a rally, buy a T shirt.  Come home and brag to your friends about what a great time you had.  These are the memories you will carry forever.  Oh, and encourage your younger friends to come too.  We really need them to carry on the rally tradition.  You'll find me by the campfire with my Kermit chair...look for Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Rallies, go to one!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:47:38 PM »

:1:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:01:24 PM »
i always have a good time at a guzzi rally wish I had time to do more!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:44:24 PM by leafman60 »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:46:45 AM »
I'm at one now, and made it to one other this year.  Will try to make a third next year!

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 04:42:55 AM »
When I decided to get back into motorcycling a few years back I almost bought a Honda.  Then a friend of mine suggested a Guzzi, saying that the're great bikes and besides they have these great campouts.  I attended my first Guzzi Riders in Texas (GRIT ) Rally the same year.  Since then, I make it a point to attend several rallys every year and always have a great time.

With the introduction of the V7 series we've had influx of younger riders,  we just have to find a way to introduce them to the rally experience.

I may have to travel further afield, but I'll make several rallys a year.

I'll see ya'll in Lindale or Talihena or Homer or Luckenbach

To those considering their first rally, start close to home, and don't forget the baby wipes.

Dave
Galveston

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:43:42 AM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:33 AM »
I usually make around 5 rallies/campouts a year.  Pesky job  still gets in the way of more. We held our first NJ campout this Spring, hoping to get riders out for a weekend.  I figured first-timers wouldn't be too far outside their comfort zone.  The handful of us that go to rallies have been doing our best to sell it to others as well.  Actually got a couple guys to attend the National as their first rally.  However, it's the same bunch time after time.  It's as if you're asking some to board a rocket ship to mars.  For me, going to rallies completes the experience of Guzzi ownership - meeting the great people that ride them.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:21:26 AM »
It seems that rallies have become the domain of boomers who have retired and now have time on their hands.

There's your problem.

Those who aren't yet retired have much less time on their hands, and are also a lot more likely to be raising families, which also creates additional time constraints.

I'd LOVE to go to a few rallies a year, but, having a wife with an inflexible work schedule (nurse, works a lot of weekends) and raising a kid makes it hard.  If it wasn't for the kid, and the wife being at work on a lot of weekends, I'd be a little more likely to make it to some.   

Add to this taking care of elderly parents and that makes it even harder to get away.

I'm sure many other have similar situations.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:41:30 AM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:05 AM »
I went to the Guzzi national in NH the other month as my first rally. I was really glad to have met Lannis and Chuck in Ind.

...however...   It seemed to me that it was a number of cliques that hung out with themselves. No one ever looked up, said hello, or invited me into their group.

The organizer, Steve Teft (sp) from CT and his extremely attractive wife seemed to be very nice people and did a lot of work to pull things together. However, the food was (by necessity I guess) like in a mess hall. I'm not a foodie- I'm just saying that I can't call the fare a highlight.

I'm not a group ride kind of guy  If I was though, it wouldn't much matter, because there was no attempt by people to reach out and ask me to ride with them.

So, to get back to the original point, why would I ever want to go to another rally?  People have their long term friends, and the rallies are a way to reconnect. I think that's great. Good on ya. However, you can't exactly bemoan the state of things if you don't look at rallies as a way to meet new people and bring people into the club.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying myself to sleep. I'm just saying that you all should consider that the burden is on you to notice outsiders and welcome them into your circle. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:54:06 AM by boatdetective »
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
I've made many life-long friends at rallies.  Just introduce yourself, you'll be surprised how guys open up.  As far as the food, what do you expect for a fee of $50 that includes camping and a few meals and organizers feeding a couple hundred people?  Surf and Turf?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:58 AM »
There's your problem.

Those who aren't yet retired have much less time on their hands, and are also a lot more likely to be raising families, which also creates additional time constraints.

I'd LOVE to go to a few rallies a year, but, having a wife with an inflexible work schedule (nurse, works a lot of weekends) and raising a kid makes it hard.  If it wasn't for the kid, and the wife being at work on a lot of weekends, I'd be a little more likely to make it to some.   

Add to this taking care of elderly parents and that makes it even harder to get away.

I'm sure many other have similar situations.

Jas made my point.  I bought/sold and moved into house this summer, and with 4 kids, wife, job, etc, I haven't been able to go to the great rallies in my area.  last summer I went to some rallies, but not this summer (yet).  I wish it were different.
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline RayB

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:49 AM »
A couple of comments:
1. Jonathan: Isn't making friends a two way street?
2. I've been retired 2 years now. If you think retirement means finding ways to fill your calendar, you are in for a surprise. One still has a lot of time consuming responsibilities, albeit of a different nature.
01 EV
82 BMW R100

Bill Hagan

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 07:47:10 AM »
A couple of comments:
1. Jonathan: Isn't making friends a two way street?
2. I've been retired 2 years now. If you think retirement means finding ways to fill your calendar, you are in for a surprise. One still has a lot of time consuming responsibilities, albeit of a different nature.

I've made many life-long friends at rallies.  Just introduce yourself, you'll be surprised how guys open up.  As far as the food, what do you expect for a fee of $50 that includes camping and a few meals and organizers feeding a couple hundred people?  Surf and Turf?

Yes, a two-way street, but, IMO, should not the initial "burden," if you will, of reaching out be as boatdick -- sorry, irresistible impulse  :evil: :grin:) -- on the oldtimers, not the newbies?  That's always been a problem for newbies in any gathering whatever the nature, thus I see the greeting as an obligation of the old hands making an effort to say howdy to anyone they don't recognize. 

And as some of the younger responders note, too, "real life" for those who are ... erm ... "Retirement-Challenged"  :wink: a warstopper.  It's a wonder to me that those here and elsewhere who have full-time employment, wives, kids, and the other challenges that come with those can even find time for riding at all, much less spend weekends plus travel time to rallies. 

Yes, my retired life is busy, too, but with one notable exception  :thewife:  :wink:, I am in charge of it.

FWIW, while not especially a rallyite myself, I do attend some -- including the national in June, the Ohio is in my sights soon, and, gasp, a non-MGNOC Guzzi gathering or two, e.g., the South'n Spine Raid on "World Guzzi Day."  Even tho not a regular, I'll try to practice my sermon and say howdy to all.   :boozing:

Best,

Bill

Edited because ... I can't help it.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:50:32 AM by Bill Hagan »

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 07:51:04 AM »
Since Swamp Scooters is out so I just registered for Harvest Classic Luckenbach, Texas Oct 23, 24.  Anyone else in?

Boat, sorry you were disapointed.  Maybe a smaller rally might suit you better.  Every group has cliques, but I agree that someone should handle meet and greet duties.  Always one of my favorite volunteer duties and a great way to meet new folks.  Suits me well because I'm just naturally friendly, I'm from Texas you know.  Introduce yourself to the camp cook, help in the serving line, everyone passes by there.   If all else fails grab a six pack, introduce yourself to a likely group and ask them if they know a good source of 10-60W oil.    You'll find that you'll have a lot more in common than your love of Guzzis.

Jas, 
Make it a family affair.  Many rallys are held in areas that provide ample opportunity for family fun.  Kids are welcome at many rallys. Many of us are Dads and Granddads. Pack up the minivan  :azn: get a campsite and join the fun or just stop in for the day.  I know that that is probably easier said than done, but I believe worth the effort.

See ya at a rally soon.
Dave
Galveston
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:56:53 AM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 07:54:14 AM »
The Minnesota Rally served Lake Herring that was caught the same morning!

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
FWIW, Sara and I had our grandchildren for 7 weeks this summer (ages 12, 10, 8, and 3) so I can understand the family commitment comments.  We all have them, just in differing levels.  Nevertheless, we all went to the Norton national rally near Asheville.  We camped in tents.  The children had a wonderful time.  For them it was all about the camping experience and doing the dumb stuff that makes camping so much fun.  I got to get my motorcycle rally fix even though we were traveling by Honda Van.  The kids quickly got to know my motorcycle friends.  We all met new people.  Of the 350+ people at the Asheville event I probably knew 10.  My point is that you can make the event one for the whole family and form new friendships...it's all up to you. 

Peter Y.
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »
Jonathan -

Even though I go to about 6 rallies in a normal year (three Guzzi and three BritBike), I know just what you mean about "breaking into the circle".

I was probably a bit lucky on my very first Guzzi rally (the 2000 National in Buena Vista) because I showed up on my only bike (a red BSA Firebird Scrambler) and that was sort of an ice-breaker, I had folks coming up to me and offering me their Guzzis to ride, plus I just so happened to already know a couple folks there from non-Guzzi places (Roger Davis and Jack Arnold) and they introduced me to others and it went from there.

And even though it's true that "friendship is a two-way street", sometimes it can seem a little hard to elbow out a place around the fire among a group of people who have obviously been rallying together forever and know each other's game to a nicety.    There's groups of people still that I see at EVERY Guzzi rally, and it doesn't seem that I've been able to be "part of the group" - whereas there are others where that's not an issue at all, and we're immediately happy to see each other as soon as we show up.

However that may be, I find that the Guzzi rallies are FAR better in that respect than BMW, Norton, HD, or other "brand" rallies - it's why I ride Guzzis in the first place.

I say hang in there and try again!    As far as food goes, that's a personal thing like a motorcycle seat, but at a rally, outdoors, with an unknown number of people to show up, and every one has different tastes - the food is going to be something that can be served out of one pot, or something that a caterer can serve from a steam table, and dat's the name of DAT tune ... really can't be changed.    If the food's good, that's an extra!

Off to the Maryland rally in a few weeks .... !

Lannis

P.S.   I actually went to MORE rallies when I was working than I'm doing now!    Retirement is not for the lazy or timid ..... 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:13:51 AM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
I *always* have a good time at a Guzzi rally.  :thumb: I've met people from literally all over the world, especially at a Nationals. When Leafman posted pix of the Malibu nationals, I was surprised to see I knew at least one person in every picture.. and remember.. I forget faces, so Guzzi people must be special.  :smiley:
It's always interesting to meet people from WG. Jonathan, I'm glad you came up and made yourself known. Do it again.. I'll eventually remember your face, too.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
Rally's like any sort of social event require effort...a good kind of effort but nonetheless some effort to engage.  You have to put yourself out there...what's the worst that can happen...someone might actually say Hey...join us for a beer, where are you from, what kind of bike do you ride...here's a modification I made...how do you like it?

It's supposed to be a fun event.  If there are some folks who by coincidence ride a Guzzi but are not social, well, you might not hang out with them anyway.  Some folks are fun to shoot the shit around the fire, some are fun to ride with, some are great to learn from or share experiences, it's wonderful when all of those combine into 1 person and you generate a nice connection.

I attended my first GRIT rally 2 years ago - and it was great easy going fun...people were welcoming, accommodating, social and very enjoyable.  Food was GREAT by the way.  We have a great group of local Houston Guzzi riders, sometimes we make it all together for our Sunday rides, sometimes only a few can make it due to conflicts, sometimes I ride alone.  Some are more adventurous, some want to stick closer to home...no biggie.

On my list for this year:  GRIT, Oklahoma and Luckenbach Harvest!  Can't wait!!!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 10:12:44 AM »
The Minnesota Rally served Lake Herring that was caught the same morning!

Now I am hungry!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

SteveAZ

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
Question from a guy who likes to ride alone, likes to camp and has never been to a rally but been on a Guzzi since 2008. I'm game to check one out though.

Is the best place to find out about them here on the board? The MGNOC?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never  been a rally guy and haven't ever looked into them, just read the reports. It would take a good combination of work timing, kid timing and life timing but I'd give it a go if possible. I'm a generally friendly guy and I'd likely bring my GF along so if no one talks to me, i'd still be ok :laugh:

(Edit...just noticed half the stickies are rallies.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:17:28 AM by SteveAZ »

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
When my kids were little we'd attend the Va. Rally in Buena Vista if my Carrier wasn't at sea. Kids are great help in heaving tarps into place on shelters as you assemble them! Put them to work and they sleep better at night too. I got away from the Rallies for a while because the crowd was changing. Less of the old guys and do it yourselfers and more of the old frat boys going through divorces who like liquor and "seegars". So I started going to Ural Rallies and helped put them on as they were more family and kid and pet and grandchildren oriented affairs. Although I sold off my Ural stuff this Spring, I still go to Ural Rallies as the folks have become some of my closest friends over the years. I still do a few Guzzi Rallies every year because it's good to see old friends. I'm really looking forwards to the MD/DC Rally at Little Orleans Campground at the end of Sept!
In a few years I plan to kidnap my grand daughter to take her to bike and sidecar Rallies. I'm getting another Ural sidecar in Oct. to attach to my Cali III so I can give her the same rides my kids got when they were little!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:33:32 AM »
Question from a guy who likes to ride alone, likes to camp and has never been to a rally but been on a Guzzi since 2008. I'm game to check one out though.

Is the best place to find out about them here on the board? The MGNOC?

We sticky the ones people post threads about.  So, yes, you can know about lunch/dinner rides, campouts, and rallies here.  And not just MGNOC sanctioned events, but any Guzzi event that people want to post up.

MGNOC's website is a good resource for knowing about their sanctioned events.  http://www.mgnoc.com/club_meetings_and_rides.html

I see you're in Arizona.  There is a very good NAR (not-a-rally) held there that you should check out.  Here is the link to this year's event, which was held in May:  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=75667.0;nowap
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:36:17 AM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
And as some of the younger responders note, too, "real life" for those who are ... erm ... "Retirement-Challenged"  :wink: a warstopper.  It's a wonder to me that those here and elsewhere who have full-time employment, wives, kids, and the other challenges that come with those can even find time for riding at all, much less spend weekends plus travel time to rallies. 

Some weeks, the only riding that I get is commuting to work,  but, I am thankful for that, and that I'm healthy enough to be able to do so.

Jas, 
Make it a family affair.  Many rallys are held in areas that provide ample opportunity for family fun.  Kids are welcome at many rallys. Many of us are Dads and Granddads. Pack up the minivan  :azn: get a campsite and join the fun or just stop in for the day.  I know that that is probably easier said than done, but I believe worth the effort.

Easier said that done.    I guess for me, the whole point of a rally is a destination to ride to.   :bike-037:

My wife  :thewife: and daughter have zero interest in motorcycles, that includes listening to a bunch of men talking about motorcycles.

I did make it to the hot-as-hell national at Buena Visata in 2012, and enjoyed it.   I'd like to make another.    I was this close to being able to make it to the Vermont one this past year.  Maybe next year, who knows.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:14 AM »

My wife  :thewife: and daughter have zero interest in motorcycles, that includes listening to a bunch of men talking about motorcycles.

Your "zero" setting is different from mine, if your wife owns a 250 Vespa ....

The part about listening to a bunch of men talk about motorcycles, however, is pretty much universal ...

Lannis

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 11:09:02 AM »

Unfortunately rallies and camp outs can resemble real life .
 Dusty

I'm not sure I'd use the word "unfortunately" in that context, though.   :wink:   Maybe just a difference in outlook.

I've seen some very unsociable guys at rallies.    At several of our BSA rallies, we'd have a guy ride in on a late model Yamaha and set up camp in a far corner of the campground.    He'd spend most of his time sitting either working on his bike, stoking his campfire, making and eating sandwiches, or just sitting.

I'd stop by to talk, but it was pretty obvious that he didn't want to talk and was uncomfortable with it.   He'd almost never circulate around the rally or stop by any of the field events or anything.   On Sunday, he'd break camp, pack up, and ride away without saying anything to anyone.

Nothing wrong with that.   Maybe he just likes to be where other people are, but doesn't want to interact.   You can do that at a rally too!   

Lannis

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
FWIW, you almost have to be a gear head to appreciate a Guzzi. Some (certainly not all) gear heads are perfectly happy tinkering with their machines, but are not socially adept at all. One of the brightest young engineers I know will barely talk to you. He's just uncomfortable doing that. He'll talk a couple of minutes, and say, "that's all I have." and walk off. Doesn't keep me from really liking him and appreciating his ability. He, for instance, would never consider going to a rally.. unless there was going to be a machine there that he wanted to look at.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

SteveAZ

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
We sticky the ones people post threads about.  So, yes, you can know about lunch/dinner rides, campouts, and rallies here.  And not just MGNOC sanctioned events, but any Guzzi event that people want to post up.

MGNOC's website is a good resource for knowing about their sanctioned events.  http://www.mgnoc.com/club_meetings_and_rides.html

I see you're in Arizona.  There is a very good NAR (not-a-rally) held there that you should check out.  Here is the link to this year's event, which was held in May:  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=75667.0;nowap

Thanks rocker :thumb:

I'm actually 6 years into my transplant from AZ to socal, but I started my account when I was still living in AZ. An AZ rally is not out of the question though as I have family there as well. Lots of Guzzis out here in CA though so I'll probably see what's up locally.

I do appreciate the tips though and I'll start watching the schedules and pick an event.

I kind of shut up and learn things round here. I'm 45 and I feel like most here have been on these bikes for many, many years. Still, if you guys want some not so young younger blood at a rally I'll stop in. The LM III is mid lump transplant at the moment but I'll be on the road soon.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:51:30 AM by SteveAZ »

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »
Rally's can be fun, always nice to match faces to names. 

But there are a couple of rally's that I won't mention by name but I don't really need to go back to them and it has nothing to do with the people.  If the ride to the rally is long and boring and the roads around the rally are boring then I'm really not that interested in attending the event unless there is some spectacular reason for the location as in food,etc. 

1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »
Still, if you guys want some not so young younger blood at a rally I'll stop in.

Everyone is always welcome! Just Go!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here