Author Topic: 3 Grisos left in Eurosports Reno  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
3 Grisos left in Eurosports Reno
« on: April 13, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »
1silver, 2 Reno. They just bought Ducati from the competitor in town.
So now; Triumph (main focus), Guzzi, Royal Enfield, Ducati, Aprilla, Vespa & a couple electric bikes (not sure who's).
Talked to their National Mgr. Nice guy.🤙Reno's making some necessary changes so fingers are crossed. Main emphasis though will be internet then store sales. I asked him if they were going to try & blend that with an atmosphere of a go visit & see who's there on Saturday morning. He smiled, paused, then said " that's hard to do now."

Offline Bobic69

• Hatchling
Re: 3 Grisos left in Eurosports Reno
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:02:41 AM »
Our local Sydney dealer (Motociclo) sold their last one a few months ago. I would drool over it every time I went in there. Kinda sad when it sold.
Bellagio

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:07:09 AM »
When I checked prices with Eurosports some months ago on a Stelvio they had, found they really knew how to add charges for an OTD price, turned out it wasn't such a great deal after all. I believe this Co. has additional shops in Vegas and Sonoma.  Found I could do better elsewhere.
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:06:01 AM »
Definately

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:06:01 AM »

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
When I checked prices with Eurosports some months ago on a Stelvio they had, found they really knew how to add charges for an OTD price, turned out it wasn't such a great deal after all. I believe this Co. has additional shops in Vegas and Sonoma.  Found I could do better elsewhere.

Here is what Eurocycle Vegas told me about a '17 Stelvio:  base price: $9,995 + doc fees $369 + port charge $595 + set-up $600 + shipping $675 and as if that wasn't enough $9.95 for a 15 day permit - all of which equaled $12,243.95 plus my state's sales tax when it got here (OH) $857...for just about $13,000.  I was in shock (or maybe tears), so I just said "thank you" and hung up.  While I know that is a lot of bike, I just was a bit shocked at all that everything added up to...
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline Lesman

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »
Plus the title fee in your state. Port & setup fees... nice touch

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
Eurosport has terrific prices on year-old Royal Enfields at the Vegas store. I was interested in buying a Bullet or a Classic and asked them what the out-the-door price would be. As a non-Nevada resident, I should be able to buy a bike without state sales tax and license fees. I never got anyone to respond to my emails with an actual price. I had a strange feeling about that outfit, all three locations, and I was glad when I found a sweet used V7, taking me out of the market. Advertising one price and selling the bike for another may not be illegal, but it's sleazy...is my feeling.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »
You're better off on the V7 I'd think.
Maybe we'll read about it in the near future?  The Brits will get it.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
Arrrgh!  Unrealistic expectations!  How can anyone truly expect that a $17000 bike - Stelvio NTX. be bought for less than $13000 total - tax ,tag, title , dealer fees , shipping etc?  Does anyone truly expect that a dealer that has to pay for a building, employees, specialized equipment to service the bikes ad nauseum to give it to you at a loss and say thank you for your business? No wonder they are closing down all over the country. Accept the fact that dealers must make a profit or they will be gone. No businessman invests his money into a losing enterprise with no hope of seeing clear skies ahead at some point. Thank goodness that enough dealers that truly love their business in a time when sales are in a downturn  are willing to hang in there. We should all be thankful.
94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Offline Phoneyflounder

• New Egg
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 08:30:40 PM »
Here is what Eurocycle Vegas told me about a '17 Stelvio:  base price: $9,995 + doc fees $369 + port charge $595 + set-up $600 + shipping $675 and as if that wasn't enough $9.95 for a 15 day permit - all of which equaled $12,243.95 plus my state's sales tax when it got here (OH) $857...for just about $13,000.  I was in shock (or maybe tears), so I just said "thank you" and hung up.  While I know that is a lot of bike, I just was a bit shocked at all that everything added up to...
Yeah. I bought my ‘16 V7 from them for 4995. Seemed like too good of a deal to be true. They told me about the fees and left me incredulous, and honestly made no effort at all to sell me the bike as they were clearly using it as a priceleader to bait calls off the web.
The math still made the thing a deal, so I negotiated in some gear (helmet, gloves, jacket). Negotiations have to start somewhere and dealerships need a fair shot to make a profit and keep the lights on. I would have had to spend a good five hundred dollars on all that stuff, so in the end I came out about where I thought fees should have been originally.
Great bike, bythe way. It was a tougher buying process than I anticipated, but in the end I have no regrets.

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
Arrrgh!  Unrealistic expectations!  How can anyone truly expect that a $17000 bike - Stelvio NTX. be bought for less than $13000 total - tax ,tag, title , dealer fees , shipping etc?  Does anyone truly expect that a dealer that has to pay for a building, employees, specialized equipment to service the bikes ad nauseum to give it to you at a loss and say thank you for your business? No wonder they are closing down all over the country. Accept the fact that dealers must make a profit or they will be gone. No businessman invests his money into a losing enterprise with no hope of seeing clear skies ahead at some point. Thank goodness that enough dealers that truly love their business in a time when sales are in a downturn  are willing to hang in there. We should all be thankful.

I am quite thankful that there are so many Guzzi dealers left, although we have lost so many dealers in the last couple of years.  Guzzis, unfortunately do not hold their value even when new, except for a very few used models.  A friend once told me that a dealer had told him that having a dealership was a way to turn a lot of money into a little bit.  It sadly seems that, that might be true.  Viewing the Cadre website shows a dealer that hopefully has a handle on things, I hope they succeed and are in business for a long, long time.  They are fighting long odds.  The MC market today is not as robust as it once was, I hope that it turns around.  Perhaps the V7's of Guzzi, the RE650's and other more moderately priced machines are signs of good things for the marketplace.  Let's watch and hope and maybe purchase one of these type of machines.
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here