Author Topic: Trip of a lifetime (so far....)  (Read 752 times)

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
Trip of a lifetime (so far....)
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:31:37 AM »
Well as things stand myself and Geordie Jeff will be riding our Guzzis to Mandello in late June this year. Ferry to Calais and take it from there. Camping will be on the menu to save money, 3 or so days to get there, 2 days to look around 4 days to come back, or something like that. Avoiding motorways where possible. We have a rough route there planned out, but on the way back in our time honoured fashion we will just make it up as we go along!!
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Trip of a lifetime (so far....)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 05:58:47 AM »
Well as things stand myself and Geordie Jeff will be riding our Guzzis to Mandello in late June this year. Ferry to Calais and take it from there. Camping will be on the menu to save money, 3 or so days to get there, 2 days to look around 4 days to come back, or something like that. Avoiding motorways where possible. We have a rough route there planned out, but on the way back in our time honoured fashion we will just make it up as we go along!!
I’ll leave the gate unlocked and the bedroom light on...!
If you stay at the camping in Isques (France), near the sea on the top of the escarpment, say high to the crazy ex French navy bloke who cooks the fish.
Jeez, the bastard can drink..!
It’s a quiet 250 or so k’s if memory serves from Calais, just a short little toddle before you get stuck in seriously...
This is the one..

If you show half an ounce of interest, they’ll invite you around the back for the evening “party...”
The rest, as they say...
is history.. :wink: :kiss:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:04:40 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:21:12 AM »
We have a rough route there
Well mate..
As long as you’ve got a rough route (sic) on your radar, you should fit right in at the camping.. :wink:

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:37:03 AM »
 Cool . We will be expecting a lengthy report  :thumb:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:37:03 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here