Author Topic: Norge oil pressure sender removal  (Read 1181 times)

Offline randy yocum

• Hatchling
Norge oil pressure sender removal
« on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:01 AM »
New Goose
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Norge Oil Pressure sender removal
« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:31:23 AM »
(I know this has been covered before ,but there were no pictures that I could find showing the process ,so here you go)

I needed to replace the oil pressure sending unit on my 2007 Norge,I was able to do it by removing the air box but I did not remove the header pipe as some suggested .The only real problem I had was getting the air box back on.The right side rubber throttle body boot was a bear to get back into position as it came completely off when removing the airbox. I Used lots of WD-40 to slick up the rubber  and because of the tight fit and space, I took the  right side silver frame plate, several allen head bolts ,made getting that boot back on and turned into position allot easier.I didn't have  a 21 mm wrench,but my 22mm worked fine to remove the sender 1/3 turn at a time. I bought the new sender with the spade terminal (with is better then the original nail head) at auto Zone # PS486  $9.89.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:17:56 AM by randy yocum »
2012 Stelvio NTX
2007 Norge
1998 EV
1981 V-1000 G-5
1997 Ducati 900ss
1983 XL 600R bought new
1978 XS 1100

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Norge oil pressure sender removal
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:43:07 PM »
Nice !

twowings

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 03:34:14 PM »
I have found that moving the throttle body boots to the airbox after airbox removal makes the re-install process easier...leave the airbox-side clamps loose so you can manuver the boots back in the frame first as you lower the airbox...then before airbox is completely seated, line up boots on throttle bodies and secure airbox...then just tighten all clamps...HTH next time

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »
I have found that moving the throttle body boots to the airbox after airbox removal makes the re-install process easier...leave the airbox-side clamps loose so you can manuver the boots back in the frame first as you lower the airbox...then before airbox is completely seated, line up boots on throttle bodies and secure airbox...then just tighten all clamps...HTH next time
I take the clamps off and reinstall them after the ‘box is in place.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here