Author Topic: Bassa Front Shock Rebuild  (Read 321 times)

Offline John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
Bassa Front Shock Rebuild
« on: October 31, 2022, 02:49:12 PM »
I have a set of Bassa shocks on my bike.  They are one side compression and one side rebound adjustable.  The adjusters do not feel like they make any changes to the shocks speed or feel.

I first thought the internals and uppers were the same as on a Sport 1100, but looking at the parts list, they are not the same internally.  Before I pull the shocks and start rebuilding, I thought I would look for some advise on what to look for or adjustments or shimming that may be required to be able to make adjustments with the knobs.

The shocks are in good shape, no leaks, no corrosion, fresh fluid during install.

Offline marcmorrison

• Hatchling
Re: Bassa Front Shock Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 05:25:12 PM »
Just finished replacing fork seals on my Bassa.....checked the internals as best as I could before refilling with oil (abt. 480 per each fork);  I've played with the adjustments on both sides and honestly cannot tell any change in handling/ride.  Let us know if you find something different with your setup that results in any noticeable change with the adjusters.
1999 MG Bassa (pearl white)

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
Re: Bassa Front Shock Rebuild
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 11:43:34 PM »
Probably the same as on my 03 EV.
Check the manual for one of those.
I rebuilt mine a couple of years ago. Definitely noticed the difference after with fresh oil.
I went a bit heavier in the oil.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here