Author Topic: Breva clutch cable too short?  (Read 324 times)

Offline cee2cee

• New Egg
Breva clutch cable too short?
« on: October 31, 2022, 06:11:02 PM »
I just purchased a replacement clutch cable for my  2007 Breva 750 from MG Cycle and no matter how I try, I am unable to get it installed.  I pulled the new cable through the frame with the old so I know it is correct, but it is still too short and I cannot install the adjusting nut at the handle.  I read on another thread that the clutch cable for a Nevada is a bit longer and would work.  Any thoughts, suggestions, or war stories about your experience trying to replace your Breva cable? 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Breva clutch cable too short?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 07:28:05 PM »
Here's an experience from doing many, sometimes the spring on back cover to arm will fall down sideways and cause the arm not to be able to have enough slack because arm can't  move forward. Look to see it's there working properly.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline OldMojo

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Career of Evil
Re: Breva clutch cable too short?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »
I've only done one, but I discovered that the clutch lever arm needs more ass-force applied than I thought it would to get the cable in.
"When you hit third gear, you'll forget everything she said"

'15 Griso 1200
'14 California Tour
'02 California EV
'80 CB 650C

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here