General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

‘79 Spada Refresh

<< < (9/10) > >>

Scout63:
Still waiting on the heads at the machinist. I can’t wait to button up the bike.  I traded footpeg brackets with SPMoto in Maine so she will be sporting NT low pipes and fixed foot pegs. I’m always so excited to install headers and mufflers, then wrestle with them forever.  Second only to gearbox rear covers for fiddlyness.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Scout63 on February 01, 2022, 09:35:46 PM ---Still waiting on the heads at the machinist. I can’t wait to button up the bike.  I traded footpeg brackets with SPMoto in Maine so she will be sporting NT low pipes and fixed foot pegs. I’m always so excited to install headers and mufflers, then wrestle with them forever.  Second only to gearbox rear covers for fiddlyness.

--- End quote ---

I hope your exhaust goes together fine, I can sure relate to fighting with exhaust; 

I learnt the hard way that miss matching stainless headers with chrome cross over and mufflers on an Eldorado was a nightmare, the stainless headers sent the cross over to far rearward and hit the rear tire, took me a long time to figure out that I needed a matching stainless cross over from the same supplier to have any chance of getting the exhaust to fit. :thewife:

Scout63:

--- Quote from: Canuck750 on February 05, 2022, 06:14:13 PM ---I hope your exhaust goes together fine, I can sure relate to fighting with exhaust; 

I learnt the hard way that miss matching stainless headers with chrome cross over and mufflers on an Eldorado was a nightmare, the stainless headers sent the cross over to far rearward and hit the rear tire, took me a long time to figure out that I needed a matching stainless cross over from the same supplier to have any chance of getting the exhaust to fit. :thewife:

--- End quote ---

Truer words Canuck. The Mistral stainless headers and cross-over on my G5 never line up right.  The LaFranconi mufflers are located and line up with the mounts right, but there is a gap on one side.  Ugh.

Scout63:
I just picked up the heads from my favorite machinist Hans Westberg. New valves and guides and all set.

gph70:
When you say you took a peek at the bottom end, how much of a peek? bearing caps? ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version