Author Topic: 38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22, Lindale, TX  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22, Lindale, TX
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »
It's time to start packin' yer bags and settin' yer GPS so you can find yer way over here to the GRIT rally Friday, Sept 30 - Sunday Oct 2.  The main event is on Sunday.   Lunch and awards are usually over by 1:30 for those who need to head home, but you are welcome to stay as long as you want.

Meals from Friday supper to Sunday lunch are provided or you can choose to eat out at one of the many fast foods or restaurants in the area.     Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and water will be available all weekend.  The cost of this rally is the same as always:  $0.00.  This rally is supported by your donations and 50/50 drawing.  If you have an item you no longer want or use, but is still in great condition, you are welcome to donate it as a door prize.

It will be held at the same place as it has been the last few years:  15093 County Road 431, Lindale, TX 75771.  The property is on the corner of County Roads 431 and 474 and the 2 driveways are on 474.  If your GPS takes you to a driveway on 431, don't take it unless you want to visit the neighbors.

There is a "dance studio" with a couch and 3 futons to sleep on, or you can throw a sleeping bag on the floor or set up a tent inside like others have in the past.  You can also set up tents outside, park a camper here (no electric, water or sewer hookups) or go to one of the 8 motels here in the little bitty town of Lindale.  I'll post names & numbers of motels later.

There will be a lot of things you can choose to do so you won't get bored.  I have about 12 scenic East TX routes mapped out that you can choose from.  You can ride to London, New York, or Corinth without even leaving TX!  You can lick the walls of the Salt Museum in Grand Saline to see if they are really made of salt!  Watch the MotoCross races which will be going on in the nearby town of Swan that same weekend!  See the largest magnolia tree in Texas just a few miles down the road from my house.  If you'd prefer not to leave the premises, stay and visit with old friends and meet some new ones.  There is a ping pong table, foosball table, corn hole, ladder toss, uno & other card and board games. There is also a swimming pool if you want to swim. 

This is a family friendly rally so kids are welcome to come.  We don't care if you can't ride your motorcycle here, we'll let you come in your car/truck/dune buggy/camper.

If you have any questions, call me at 903-316-7720.  If I don't answer, leave a message so I know you called.  You can also text me.  I don't have a computer at my house and I don't have internet on my phone, just a simple flip phone.

Hope to see you here!

Beaver
Georganne Foster
MGNOC TX Rep
903-316-7720

TX Turnip then and now

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:23:23 PM by Beaver »
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: 38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:46:50 PM »
I’ve been waiting patiently! I’m for sure coming and bring two more riders with me. One is new to the flock (2021 v7)
1994 California 1100

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22, Lindale, TX
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
I'm looking at coming with Richard & Fay from PHX and Tracy from Meade KS.  Can't believe it's been 5 years since the last time I was out there.  I'm using the mug for Long Distance rider that you gave me.  It's my office mug.  :boozing:
Hopefully, the Summer craziness with the airlines is over and the flights return some normal operations.   :shocked:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »
I’ve been waiting patiently! I’m for sure coming and bring two more riders with me. One is new to the flock (2021 v7)

Yeah!  Can't wait to see ya and meet the new ones!

I'm looking at coming with Richard & Fay from PHX and Tracy from Meade KS.  Can't believe it's been 5 years since the last time I was out there.  I'm using the mug for Long Distance rider that you gave me.  It's my office mug.  :boozing:
Hopefully, the Summer craziness with the airlines is over and the flights return some normal operations.   :shocked:

Wow, that has been awhile.  We were probably at the American Legion grounds back then.  It was prettier there with all the trees and the lake, but it's easier here and we can move inside to get out of any bad weather if needed.  My sister & BIL and some friends just flew to Canada and back on vacation and they had no problems.  Hope your trip goes as smooth as theirs did.  See ya soon!

MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 10:10:35 AM »
I have hear great things about the GRIT rally over the years.  It sounds like a fun event, put on by some truly fantastic people. :thumb:
Rick Duarte
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline kmartin

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to it.  I may even ride the Hydro I bought as a result of last years trip

Keith
Keith Martin

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 06:21:57 AM »
When the late Dan Standlee and I decided to have a Guzzi rally at Italy, Texas we could not decide on how much to charge. Both of us enjoyed Guzzi rallies so we both tossed in a c=note and said lets make it donation only so even the poorest can attend. It worked out just fine. I'm not a bookkeeper and am not going to worry about the cost of a rally. What does it cost to go to a pro football game? A Guzzi rally is the best bargain going.

See you in Lindale,
Tex

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 02:17:37 PM »
Working on the vacation leave request.  A variable that I forgot about.....jury duty selection.  Right in the middle of the time period that I need.  :sad:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 08:34:28 AM »
Working on the vacation leave request.  A variable that I forgot about.....jury duty selection.  Right in the middle of the time period that I need.  :sad:

For about 5 years in a row, I got a jury summons for this time period.  I always let them know I had vacation planned and they put me in for a reschedule. This year they got me in the spring. Call 'em, maybe they'll do that for you!

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 06:36:12 PM »
They only take letters.  I have to wait for a reply.  (fingers drumming on the table)  :tongue:

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »
Randy Tefft, mega mile Guzzi rider and NH state Guzzi rep called me last night and said he was making the trip down again. It is worth attending the rally just to be around Randy. Gar-un-teed laughter.

Tex

Offline CharlieW

• Hatchling
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 06:50:46 AM »
Saw Randy at IMOC Bike Show, Showed up with his New Flat tracker.
 Also saw a somewhat familiar hat, Nice reminder of a lost Friend

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:54:16 AM by CharlieW »
02 STONE

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 04:44:58 PM »
CharlieW and his mini-me!

This dog adopted Mel (and Charlie too) at the GRIT rally last year.
The puppy stayed in Mel's arms the entire weekend. Didn't even try to get down to run and play!

Later when they got home, he's still in Mel's arms! 

You never know what kind of "door prize" you might win at the GRIT Rally!

Beaver 

MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb:

Offline jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 02:16:08 PM »
Prolly can't make myself, but I encourage anyone who can do so to make this one! You WILL have a great time!

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:43 PM »
Just got word back from the Courts.  Excused from jury duty.   :thumb:  Now I have to look at flights.  :shocked:  Hopefully all the summer travel craziness has ended.  :boozing:

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 08:57:37 PM »
Just got word back from the Courts.  Excused from jury duty.   :thumb:  Now I have to look at flights.  :shocked:  Hopefully all the summer travel craziness has ended.  :boozing:

Hopefully you can make it now!
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 10:02:29 PM »
Looking forward to it !
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 11:12:33 AM »
I wanna see that dog in person! Too cute.  Wish I had a sidecar id bring Kirby, y’all could watch him sleep!

1994 California 1100

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 12:47:59 PM »
Hopefully you can make it now!

Checking flights.  The actual wording to my letter which included what I did for the state and volunteer work was:

"Thank you for sending your letter regarding Jury duty.  You have been excused and permanently disqualified from Jury Summons."  I guess they don't want someone that could be considered an "agent" for the State.   :grin:

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2022, 08:34:37 AM »
Beaver made some unique plaques for long distance, etc awards. :thumb: :angel:

A number of years we stopped having ole gummy donuts for breakfast and started making desert breads, banana nut, chocolate mocha, banana split, etc. Randy usually has one to take back to NH, but he sez it is gone before he crosses the Mighty Miss river.

See y'all soon,
Tex

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
 :thumb: :thumb: 
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 09:09:17 PM »
I heard a rumor that Tex puts some steel cut oats into those dessert breads.  Not even the gluten free kind either. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 06:14:17 PM »
Can't make it the window for my flight back is too small and would be real expensive.   :tongue:  Have fun! :thumb:

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 08:27:55 AM »
Can't make it the window for my flight back is too small and would be real expensive.   :tongue:  Have fun! :thumb:

I was concerned about the expense for a last minute flight; our local news even had a report on that.  Sorry you can't make it.  We'll miss ya! See ya down the road somewhere!
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 08:31:19 AM »

...started making desert breads, banana nut, chocolate mocha, banana split, etc.  ...

See y'all soon,
Tex

I know where they are kept.  Tex may have to make some more before next weekend!

MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 12:48:48 PM »
I was concerned about the expense for a last minute flight; our local news even had a report on that.  Sorry you can't make it.  We'll miss ya! See ya down the road somewhere!

Absolutely!  Post some pix so I can see what I'm missing.   :grin:

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 01:36:29 PM »
Absolutely!  Post some pix so I can see what I'm missing.   :grin:

Will do!
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »
I again regret not being able to make this rally this year.  I have a prior commitment that can't be broken,  so I'm out. 
Last year I was out of town and told myself I needed to get to the next one since it's just down the road from me. 
Hope large fun is enjoyed by all.  See you next year  :afro:

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
GRIT Rally is coming up this weekend!  Come and have some good food, rides, fun, and fellowship.  Summer had to sneak back in for a week or so, but fall finally kicked it to the curb.  Highs are back in the 80s and lows in the 50s. Plenty of room to set up tents in the yard and a few in the dance studio or garage.  I also have a couch and 3 futons in the dance studio and a queen size bed in the house for anyone who prefers not being on the ground or floor!

This is a family friendly event and kids and dogs are welcome. Dogs must be on leash or in your arms to keep them safe!

See you soon!

Here's some pictures from last year:

Some of the states represented here: Arizona, Washington, New Hampshire, Missouri, and Texas.  Others were here from Arkansas, New Mexico, and Minnesota.

MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here