Author Topic: 38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22, Lindale, TX  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 38th Annual GRIT Rally, 9/30 - 10/2/22, Lindale, TX
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2022, 07:30:41 AM »
Richard T arrived yesterday from Arizona. Randy Tefft called the other day and he is departing Keene, NH early this morning. The GRIT Rally, for some reason, has always pulled in the long distance Guzzi riders.
I will pull on my big boy pants and make the ride by myself to the rally. :laugh:

Tex

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2022, 09:28:57 AM »
My trip to the rally is in jeopardy. My dad had a stroke the other day ( he’s ok) and I haven’t got to see him yet.  I probably will have to make a visit Sunday which is when we were coming.  So I’m 50/50 on coming
1994 California 1100

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2022, 01:45:02 PM »
Richard T arrived yesterday from Arizona. Randy Tefft called the other day and he is departing Keene, NH early this morning. The GRIT Rally, for some reason, has always pulled in the long distance Guzzi riders.
I will pull on my big boy pants and make the ride by myself to the rally. :laugh:

Tex

Yeah, I almost made it.  The timing was off for me.  Richard and I talked about the ride back to his house in Phoenix.  We'd leave Sunday around 1p.  Do the interstate burn back to his house and the following morning I'd fly back to Kona.  Next day would be the Ironman World Championships for the women then 2 days later the men's competition on Saturday.

Looks good on paper.  5 years ago we did the same ride.  Tracy out of SW Kansas had alternator problems on his Ultra-Glide.  I had rear tire problems needing a tube.  We both had repairs done in the Sherman area.  On the way back to Phoenix.  Richard had his alternator belt break.  Uhaul from Big Spring back to Phoenix.

Loads of details missing but the time frame that I was dealing with didn't work plus any flight going into Kona, Hawaii was overbooked and overpriced.  At least $600 ow SWA.  $700 HAL and $1100 DAL.  Definitely not worth the money.  Maybe next year.   Have fun.  :grin:  I would have been on my CAL 1400 Touring.   :undecided:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 06:45:37 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2022, 11:01:41 AM »
I am not going to make the rally.  Shame cause I got the bike running great but my dad had a mini stroke and we’re going to visit with him Sunday.  I’ll make the next one for sure!
1994 California 1100

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2022, 11:01:41 AM »

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2022, 09:20:41 AM »
Nice to see you guys on Saturday.   Never had snake milk cookies before.  They were great!

Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here