Author Topic: Anyone have an EV with a sidecar?  (Read 467 times)

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Anyone have an EV with a sidecar?
« on: September 29, 2022, 11:48:59 AM »
Hello Folks, I recently purchased a sidecar to attach to my 98 EV. The sidecar should be delivered to me by the end of October. My question is does anyone here have such a setup that can post a picture of the mounts? I am especially interested in the front upper mount, and how you did it. I have set up a couple of rigs in the past, and have used the nice, stainless eye bolts Lee Bruns makes that fit the tonti frame, and I plan to do that for the two lower mounts. Its the front upper mount thats a little "dicey" for me to figgure out.
thanks
Rick D.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 11:50:50 AM by bigbikerrick »
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline adaven

• 2024 Board Donor
  • Hatchling
Re: Anyone have an EV with a sidecar?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »
pm sent

Offline StuCorpe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 01:08:24 PM »
Here is the upper mount on my 03 EV, Texas Sidecar.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 02:03:40 PM »
My Cal2 has 2 subframe plates front & rear, this is to take the stress off the bike frame.
Front plate & pipe for upper

Rear plate for upper & lower

"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 02:03:40 PM »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 02:08:25 PM »
You selling the other hack?   :evil:  I have a set of Lee's ss mounts that I'm going to use for my '93 Cal.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 03:16:02 PM »
You selling the other hack?   :evil:  I have a set of Lee's ss mounts that I'm going to use for my '93 Cal.

My other hack is the Ural, and I plan to keep that for off road and gravel road use. The one on the EV will be our "highway rig"
Rick.

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 03:20:57 PM »
StuCorpe, what you have is exacltly what I was looking for. A clamp that is compact to fit the available space. Where did you find that mount?

Guzzisteve, those are quite the "fixtures" you have on your rig. They look good and strong. If I have to, I will have something fabricated, but if I can find a clamp like what StuCorpe used, along with Lees lower mounts, I think I am set.
Thanks everyone, for the replies. If anyone has any more ideas, I am interested. Its always cool to see the diferent methods folks use for mounting sidecars to Tontis.
Rick Duarte

Offline StuCorpe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 04:14:35 PM »
The man that I had mount the sidecar for me had those in his shop.  I have no idea where he got them.  I'm not sure he is still in business or if he retired but he called his shop "The Warkshop" in Marietta, OH.  telephone  740-538-4746.  All he did was sidecar work and was a tremendous amount of help.

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 04:27:38 PM »
Hello Folks, I recently purchased a sidecar to attach to my 98 EV. The sidecar should be delivered to me by the end of October. My question is does anyone here have such a setup that can post a picture of the mounts? I am especially interested in the front upper mount, and how you did it. I have set up a couple of rigs in the past, and have used the nice, stainless eye bolts Lee Bruns makes that fit the tonti frame, and I plan to do that for the two lower mounts. Its the front upper mount thats a little "dicey" for me to figgure out.
thanks
Rick D.
Perhaps the question should be does anyone have a sidecar outfit that's not an EV
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 04:53:51 PM »
My other hack is the Ural, and I plan to keep that for off road and gravel road use. The one on the EV will be our "highway rig"
Rick.

I thought you had a red Yamaha hack too.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:11:43 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 07:43:43 PM »
I thought you had a red Yamaha hack too.

I used to have a Honda ST 1300 with a Hannigan super sport sidecar. I think thats the one you are referring to. I sold it almost 2 years ago. It was a very sleek looking rig, that loved to run at highway speeds. my wife had a difficult time getting in and out, so thats why I sold it. This new rig will have a DMC M-72  sidecar, which looks a bit like a ural.
Rick

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 10:13:10 PM »
Mine looks similar to, if not the same as, StuCorpe's setup. The bits may have come from the folks at Texas Sidecar.

Rich A

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 12:32:36 AM »
Thanks for that info, and photo, Rich. I think thats it! I will check with Texas sidecars. One of my previous rigs was a texas Ranger/ Cal II auto.  There is a picture of it on their website. I forgot that they sell mounting hardware also.
Rick D.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 07:10:56 AM »
Dauntless motors out in Washington has everything you need, including a sub frame that mounts to the Guzzi through bolt in front.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2022, 11:24:54 AM »
Thanks , Chuck. The sidecar I am getting is a DMC, I think thats the same company known as "Dauntless" . The man who owns it is named "Jay"
I will check with them.

does any one know of any additional sources for sidecar clamps, and mounting hardware?
thanks
Rick

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here