Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027777 times)

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3420 on: August 21, 2022, 09:58:57 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm fabio from Italy, I am a CAD designer.

Benvenuto, Fabio.

Where do you live in that wonderful country?

And, own a Guzzi now or "still looking?"

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
« Reply #3421 on: August 21, 2022, 10:00:17 AM »
Hi Fodbin here, thanks for admitting me to the group.

Retired Financial planner

Living in Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia

Just bought a 1990 Mille Gt from USA

Welcome.

No pix?  Didn't happen.   :laugh:

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Offline charleetho

• New Egg
« Reply #3422 on: August 22, 2022, 07:33:43 AM »
Hello.

My name is Charlie. 60 years old and from Denver Colorado.
I've been riding since I was 16. I've owned close to 30 motorcycles over that time. Seems 3 in the stable is my optimal number. Currently I have a 2018 Gold Wing, a 2022 KLR650 and (drum roll please) a 1996 California 1100! My first guzzi!

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3423 on: August 22, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »
Hey Welcome, Is that the one out there that was for $1500 for sale? Looks like it!

I just tuned my buddies 01 Cali a year ago, he's from Denver. He came here cause he knows my work, but don't like the guys wrenching out there.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:39:38 AM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3423 on: August 22, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »

Offline leftcoastpj@gmail.com

• New Egg
    • Norge Video Content
« Reply #3424 on: August 24, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »
Patrick from Oregon with an 07 Norge here. Appreciative of the electrical threads as a stalker to help me sort out my little electrical fire.

I've got a youtube channel that features the Norge, if you want to see, you'll find it. My 07 is red and not running currently, youtube isn't that big.

My brother has an old cop bike Guzzi, I like Guzzis.  :)

Patrick
07 Norge
12 Honda Big Chuckus

Offline Teddo

• New Egg
« Reply #3425 on: August 28, 2022, 04:41:40 PM »
Hello I'm Ted Scherrer in Bellingham Washington, USA. A few years ago I finally got what I consider a new modern bike, (after a lifetime of beat up Hondas!) a V7iii Racer!  After years of research I concluded Moto Guzzi is just about the most classic manufacturer out there.  I love this bike.  Oddly enough I've not spotted any other V7s around here! So here I am to be with those that can relate!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 04:57:29 PM by Teddo »
Ted
2017 V7iii Racer
1968 Honda S-90
1968 Honda CB 175
1972 Honda CB 200
1974 Honda CB 550
1968 BSA Starfire 250

Offline charleetho

• New Egg
« Reply #3426 on: August 31, 2022, 08:53:36 AM »
Yes, that is the one. It was 10 minutes from my house.
I was really looking for a V1100 Sport, but for $1,500, I have my first Guzzi. I could flip it in the spring if I didn't like it. Well, I really like it!

Cosmetically it is amazing for a 26 year old bike. I've changed all the fluids, plugs and adjusted the valves. Needs carb adjustments.
Where are you located?

Hello.

My name is Charlie. 60 years old and from Denver Colorado.
I've been riding since I was 16. I've owned close to 30 motorcycles over that time. Seems 3 in the stable is my optimal number. Currently I have a 2018 Gold Wing, a 2022 KLR650 and (drum roll please) a 1996 California 1100! My first guzzi!

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3427 on: August 31, 2022, 01:03:44 PM »
Hello I'm Ted Scherrer in Bellingham Washington, USA. A few years ago I finally got what I consider a new modern bike, (after a lifetime of beat up Hondas!) a V7iii Racer!  After years of research I concluded Moto Guzzi is just about the most classic manufacturer out there.  I love this bike.  Oddly enough I've not spotted any other V7s around here! So here I am to be with those that can relate!

Check out the local WA club of the MGNOC.  Very active.  They just did the Deep Forest Campout in Randle, WA.  South of Mt. St. Helens.  West of Yakima.  There's also the OR club of the MGNOC.  They sponsor local rallies too.  You'd be surprised at the number of Moto Guzzis in the PNW. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Velvettoast

• New Egg
« Reply #3428 on: September 09, 2022, 05:09:19 AM »
Hi, I'm Steve from North Yorkshire in England.

Just bought my first Guzzi, a 2008 V7 Classic, one previous owner and with only 2500 miles on the clock.

It now has 3500 after 15 days - the benefit of being retired!

Offline Mikeysduck

• New Egg
« Reply #3429 on: September 12, 2022, 07:06:13 PM »
Dad bequeathed me his 1993 Daytona. I have to say it's a looker.

I loaded it up in TX and brought it home last week. It has around 43,500 miles. The heads are anything but stock. If something goes wrong I'll be looking for a new heads/ motor. I will post photos under the valve cover, when I get there. It could be a while.

It starts, and runs well. I'll go for new tires, a complete fluid change in all systems, and a timing belt. Elbow grease is needed in large quantities. It has all kinds of interesting spares a new oil pump, in a box, custom steel oil pump gear, all types of home made tools for motor clutch maintenance. The original aluminum oil pump gear was replaced with a stock aluminum gear. That aluminum gear is a weak spot on these motors.

Note the lowered foot pegs, brake lever and oil cooler. The cooler uses a GM oil filter of some sort. I don't know what is going on with the kick stand. It does not auto retract. It has some sort of extension.

I wonder if any Guzzi motors would bolt into the frame... Other than a Centauro.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3430 on: September 13, 2022, 09:41:01 AM »
Wow, isn't that nice!! Stand has been moved back, new was on motor up front. If stand is original there was a knob on the pivot pin. Most wanted it ground off so stand could move w/o pulling spring over it. The knob was there for spring to flip stand up. Maybe get a pin w/a knob.

Offline crackerguy

• New Egg
« Reply #3431 on: September 15, 2022, 04:18:50 PM »
Hi there,
My name is Graham, I currently have a couple of dirt bikes, a KTM Duke 890r as my street bike and recently procured this:

1970 Ambassador, supposedly was a CA police bike at some point. 17,000 miles on odometer and is in pretty good shape except...will be posting about that soon. I have been reading through the site and there is obviously tons of knowledge here about these bikes, hope to tap into it.

Offline Colin Gibson

• New Egg
« Reply #3432 on: September 19, 2022, 02:05:48 AM »
Hi Colin Gibson,
Joined a few weeks ago
 Location Scotland UK.
 Current Bikes  1989 SP3 , 1976 KZ900ltd 1975 GT850 California (in bits )
A great forum for Guzzis .Well done all

Offline SgnDen

• New Egg
« Reply #3433 on: September 19, 2022, 05:44:17 PM »
Hello!

I'm glad to have found this forum. Seems active.

I have had more bikes than I care to admit and currently looking to add something I can cruise around in New England. I have a BMW 1250GS Adventure in CO and want something for CT.  I was about to break down and get another Harley but they're everywhere and I've owned 3 of 'em in touring platform. Was pretty sure I was going to get a Fat Boy for more basic 'muscle cruiser' sort of thing.  I had a Triumph Thunderbird Storm 1700 great bike but pretty piggish handling-wise so I sold it.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Moto Guzzi Audace bikes because I'm seriously considering one with extremely low miles for $9K.  It's a 2016 in basically new condition.  However, I seem to find a lot of talk about how these didn't sell well in dealers and were going for crazy low prices...lower than $9K anyway new.

If I need to sell, will it be hard to find any takers in your collective opinion?  I can't find much about what a good price might be so I'm a little gun shy about paying more than I should.  I know, "buy what you like", etc etc etc but hoping maybe someone has advice around pricing.

Thank you!

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3434 on: September 20, 2022, 09:30:49 AM »
I can address this but I don't I should do it here. Start a thread with this question.   :grin:
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline CRbob

• New Egg
« Reply #3435 on: September 21, 2022, 06:01:04 PM »
Hello Everyone. My name is Bob. I live in Castle Rock, Colorado. I am 73 years old and retired a year ago and moved to Colorado from Indiana. First time Moto Guzzi owner having just bought my retirement present of a 2022 V7 Stone. Still working on the break in mileage but loving the bike. Long time motorcyclist since 1971. I would love to find a riding buddy in my area if anyone interested.
Glad to be part of this group.

Offline kgujas

• New Egg
« Reply #3436 on: September 26, 2022, 03:26:23 AM »
Hi,
My name is Kristijan, I am  from Belgrade, Serbia .
I have a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 2011, small tank .
I am working in IT industry , and love bikes  .

Offline Bruno44

• New Egg
« Reply #3437 on: September 28, 2022, 04:31:54 AM »
Hi everybody ! :bow:
My first name is Bruno. I am 66 years old, retired, living in France, in Nantes close to sea. :boozing:
I have owned a Guzzi Le Mans V11 (2003) for these last 2 years until I had a crash with it. :sad: :sad:
I have just buyed a 1997 V10 Centauro, 44.000 km : a 30 year old dream.  :whip2:
At the time, my friends dissuaded me, telling that I could not stand its "random reliability" (actually, I used to leave the whole week-end long for long range trips...). :thewife:
Now that I am retired, i have time to improve my Centauro, as a hobby, however its precedent owner has done nearly everything on it......
I enjoy riding it, however I keep it for short trips (using my ZX-10R for long ones).
I am interested in Centauro mechanics, as a hobby, and do nearly evrything (but paint) on my bikes.... :bike-037:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 06:50:11 AM by Bruno44 »

Offline Roamer

• New Egg
  • 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
« Reply #3438 on: September 29, 2022, 04:38:54 PM »
Hello

I am 73, retired, living in Angels Camp, California.  I started riding about around 1971.  Suzukis. 350 twin, GT380 triple, GT550 triple, 250 dirt, all were 2 stroke. Then a GS650 4 cylinder shaft drive.  Stopped riding for about 30 years.  Last October I bought 1984 HONDA V4 Liquid Cooled Magna V30. I had it shipped from the Seattle area.  Then decided to get something completely different.  After reading about various makes and models, I settled on a 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer.  I shortly found one I couldn’t walk away from.  It had 2400 miles and over $5000 spent on accessories, came with a new battery and 13 months paid registration. And I could ride it home as it was less than 2 hours away.  😎

Loren
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 04:46:14 PM by Roamer »

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #3439 on: September 29, 2022, 08:03:59 PM »
So now your the kinda guy, that likes to roam around...

Offline Roamer

• New Egg
  • 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
« Reply #3440 on: September 30, 2022, 07:03:38 PM »
 :wink:

Offline Maturecruiser

• New Egg
« Reply #3441 on: October 15, 2022, 05:21:51 AM »
Hi I'm Geoff from Perth Western Australia.
After 25 years of Harley cruising I needed to reduce the weight to something more maneuverable. About 10 months ago I stumbled across my 2017 V7iii Stone. Purchased after a 10 minute ride. Best fun ever.
Now changed the mufflers to Mistral and its even more fun. Slowly learning about the bike and the Guzzi idiosyncrasies.
Thanks for the acceptance.
I've had 3 attempts at loading a bike picture but no joy so far.
V7iii 2017

Offline Grainbelt

• Marginal Adventurer
  • New Egg
    • Smuggy
« Reply #3442 on: October 17, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »
Been pondering it for a long time and finally found the right ride.  Thanks for all the hospitality at the MN and WI Guzzi rallies over the years, I'll try to keep my pants on going forward.

-Mike

Offline kirito165

• New Egg
« Reply #3443 on: October 20, 2022, 09:44:56 PM »
hello im jorge i have a 03 moto guzzi california special sport  that i will start fixing as my first bike. im thankful of having the opportunity of being part of the guzzi family.

Offline MuddaGooz

• New Egg
« Reply #3444 on: October 28, 2022, 08:04:46 AM »
Good morning!

My name Christof, live in Baltimore, profession is real estate agent and I ride a V85TT Travel and a Yamaha Super Tenere.

Cheers!

Offline Karkaliev

• New Egg
« Reply #3445 on: October 31, 2022, 12:00:46 PM »
Hi guys, my name is Ivo and I’m from Las Vegas Nevada. I owned a 2000 MG California and regretted every moment after I sold it. After a long search I found my dream. Me and my partner in crime love it

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3446 on: October 31, 2022, 01:33:05 PM »
Nice Rig. I have a Cal2 w/sidecar.

Offline CasperM67

• New Egg
    • Ohio Valley Rider Training
« Reply #3447 on: October 31, 2022, 07:20:01 PM »
Hi,

Gilbert Moore here in Athens, Ohio USA.

40 year rider, 17 year instructor.  Father of instructors.  Engineering techie, bad singer and worse guitar strummer, husband of the world's most patient woman.

I just picked up my uummmm,,,, 10th? motorcycle?  First time Moto Guzzi owner with a new-to-me 2006 Breva 1100.  Just rode it home today and blown away.  My last quality ride was a BMW R1200R and this has everything I loved about the Beemer and more.  Love it and can't wait to get back out there.

Question - I like to ride into the cooler months and have found that hand guards keeping the wind off of the fingers help a lot.  My Breva has heated grips and I rode home on a cool day today with them on "Simmer" and it was wonderful, but guards are needed when it gets colder.  Has anybody installed the MG Factory parts (PN 983157)?  How about the Barkbusters Storm S7?  Did they fit?  Recommendations please.

Thanks for running this board.  I'm looking forward to interacting with the group.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 09:02:01 AM by CasperM67 »

Offline Dr Ratbagg

• New Egg
« Reply #3448 on: November 01, 2022, 09:45:06 AM »
Howdy, my name is Chet. I'm a retired bus driver residing in Marysville WA. Presently I ride a Yamaha Tenere which I will sell this spring and replace with a Moto Guzzi California.

Offline Scruffy

• New Egg
« Reply #3449 on: November 05, 2022, 11:01:31 PM »
Gudday guys, just a hello and a quick intro.
54 years old, been riding (Road) since I was 15.
Engineering Manager for a transport company in New Zealand (Hi Otis).
Many many bikes over the years but currently riding a V11 Ballabio and restoring a CB500.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here