Author Topic: MG dealer recommendations in the Los Angeles area.  (Read 2996 times)

yourfavorite

MG dealer recommendations in the Los Angeles area.
« on: May 23, 2015, 11:45:19 PM »
Forgive me if there's already a thread on this, but I couldn't find anything via search. Hoping some folks here can vouch for one of the MG dealers in the LA area. I'm interested in purchasing a MG soon and would love to hear people's thoughts on the dealers here. The three under an hour from me are:

Moto Guzzi Sherman Oaks (aka Vespa Sherman Oaks)
Pro Italia Motors
Moto Guzzi Thousand Oaks (aka Vespa Thousand Oaks)

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
Re: MG dealer recommendations in the Los Angeles area.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:19:32 AM »
I don't know about new models, but if you are looking for a Moto Guzzi from the past, you've got a couple of experts in So Cal. Mark at Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beah and Moe at Cycle Garden in Huntington Beach. If you must have a new model do a fly and ride to Moto International in Seattle.  Easy ride back to the Los Angeles area on a bike that will be set up properly at a fair price. 
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:31:50 AM »
I bought my Ducati at Pro Italia, the sale was good and so was the service for a couple years while Earl Campbell was running it. When he left and Bill Nation took over the parts and service departments went south. I had a couple of terrible services, and their parts department doesn't keep much in stock - pay for it in advance and wait.
So, now it's been a while since I've delt with them and I know they made some changes in their service department, but I won't go back.
I have no knowledge of the other dealers on your list.
Kirk

Offline Wade

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:01:30 AM »
David at Sherman Oaks is very good - especially if a V7 is what you're after.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:01:30 AM »

Offline ken farr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »
Thousand Oaks would be my choice, well, actually it is my choice.
Small shop, but they keep you informed and actually do what they say.

Sherman Oaks, I used his service when he had a shop in T.O., and came away disappointed.  He was good to the Guzzi community and haven't heard anything negative about his outfit.

Pro Italia....bought my first Guzzi from them,when they stopped carrying Guzzi.
Went back for service a couple of times, and came away with an O.K. experience.
My last service with them was my last.  I won't slam, but I won't be back. ::(

I bought my latest Guzzi from Moto Int'l, it was a smooth transaction and they are easy to work with.   :+1

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »
I got a very good deal on my V7 from Newport Italian http://www.newportitalian.com/  They had a better price than T.O., ProItalia or Sherman Oaks and were very easy to work with. 

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
ProItalia will likely have or be able to get the bike you want, but there will be no bargains there.
Their service shop is very competent, and the mechanics are well trained, but at this time you'd probably have to wait about a month to get your bike worked on.  Best thing to do to prevent it sitting outside for that length of time is to make an appointment and take it in when they're able to start on it.  Again, no bargains as their shop rate is $130 per hour.
It used to be a welcoming place to just relax and hang out, watch races, etc.  Not so much anymore, as it's become much more business oriented.  Then again, it is a business.

Offline Oca

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »
I've purchased 2 Guzzi from Vespa TO.  Monica has always treated me well.  Both times the bikes were set up properly (SFMMV), so no need to return with problems. 
Santa Rosa Valley, CA
'06 -- 1100 Breva -- GONE
'12 -- Stelvio NTX 1200 (burnt orange) -- GONE
'14 -- Griso 1200 SE

kris

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
If you don't mind the drive, BMW of Escondido is an excellent place to buy from, they beat Thousand Oaks on my Norge purchase by $1200.00 with no haggling on my part.  Was a nice ride back to Orange County!  Can't say anything about their service as I haven't had to use them, but for a purchase things couldn't have been easier.  :BEER:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here