General Category > General Discussion

1973 V7 Sport Cylinder Relining Millennium

<< < (52/57) > >>

Antietam Classic Cycle:
If you're on Facebook, I have lots of assembly photos on my business page, including nearly step-by-step of the rear drive. Starts here: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4525474664241296&set=a.4310288142426617

The small seal of the rear drive is a little harder to replace than the large one, but since you already have the 'drive apart, it would be best to replace it now.

Tom H:

--- Quote from: Richiez22908 on December 18, 2022, 04:00:22 PM ---While waiting on a brand spanking new rear Main I’m resealing the rear end and the tranny. Before I ruin and have to order more parts, any tricks on getting this seal out?

And anyone know where there's a diagram, instructions, etc on reassembly of the rear drive? Don't want to miss anything.

For example I think this spring ring came out of the spot in the following pic and the third pic is with in in there. Fits but is that where it goes? I believe I have another larger one of these from somewhere else as well.

Shop manual is not much help.

--- End quote ---

If I'm understanding the pictures of where you found the spring, it's the swing arm drive shaft bearing area.

That spring, looks to me like the spring used on an oil seal. No oil seal where you found that.

There is a seal on the output shaft of the trans, but I'm pretty sure that spring is too big for that seal.

Just a thought,
Tom

Richiez22908:
Hi all!!!

Sorry for lack of posts... Charlie has been assisting via email and is a super hero. Making progress. Transmission and rear drive are reassembled after checking, replacing seals, shift return spring, gaskets. All brake cables, etc changed out. Still waiting on a brand new Rear Main after not being satisfied with the used one I had. Hoping it'll be here within the next few weeks as I'm running out of other stuff to do, lol. Have everything for the motor prepped and ready of the day that puppy arrives.

I'll grease wheel and rear end bearings and replace seals today. I have the bottom frame rails, rear end and center stand cleaned up and gonna hit them with some semi gloss black later int he week. Main frame is pretty clean, and seemingly somewhat painted by previous owner...  so I'll just touch it up a bit. Might clean up and spray the underside of the seat too.

Thank you all so much for the time and support... I'll try to keep this more updated... especially once I get back on the motor.

I cannot wait to ride again!!

vintagehoarder:

--- Quote from: Richiez22908 on June 20, 2022, 12:31:21 PM ---Ok so since I was read the riot act(with the best of intentions and probably saved me a lot of trouble), going to bite the bullet and get the cylinders replated my Millennium. Got a quote for $600 including sending the pistons and them checking the piston fitting afterward and ring spacing... so not bad.

Will post every step, screw up, bungle and win here for reference for those that come after.

Got the pan off to check for chrome. Doesn't look like much of anything but a few tiny bits. Anyone with better eyes please take a look... anything I should be worried about?

Working on valve covers an beyond now... so we'll see how the cyls look inside.

--- End quote ---

Cadre used them for my 73 Eldo couldn't be happier.

Chuck in Indiana:

--- Quote ---Charlie has been assisting via email and is a super hero.
--- End quote ---

That is a fact. I truly don't know how he has the time to do all he does for the Guzzi Community and still run a business. Charlie gets a double Attaboy.  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version