General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

75 850T Puzzle of parts! Need photo help

<< < (2/3) > >>

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: denisj on September 30, 2022, 11:47:38 PM ---Thank you, seems very helpful. This bike has no provisions for the electrics on the side..behind the toolbox.

I'm still a bit stumped on the relays. There are 2 translucent relays..one near the battery area and one nearest the steering neck.

--- End quote ---

The relay at the steering head is the headlight flash relay, the one near the battery is the starter relay.

denisj:
Ok,
With the help here and lots of attention to wire memory I think I've got it.
Input ease
-I've placed the winker relay upside down on the right side of the frame within the headlamp bracket. Not sure at all of this is correct
-I see the bracket for the diode board needs the rubbers and the mounting points are both on the left side of both frame brackets
- I've located a bracket that fits the starter relay just fine, I imagine the other end of the bracket mounts on the engine?
- I do not have any wires for the rear brake light switch..but there is a neutral switch wire?
- The wires to the tail lamp? Not sure what's going on here, correct routing not yet explored
- I think the routing of the harness is correct...thoughts?
Suggestions? Input? Anything is welcomed.

Thanks you again! Very excited to have me a T bike.

Huzo:
I like the seat.. :popcorn:

Canuck750:
I hear you may be looking for switch gear info, If I recall correctly the 850 T uses the same switches as the Convert and Le Mans??

I think these are the worst switches ever made! If your not too hung up on original I would replace the switches with a universal type like the ones MG Cycle sells

The left and right switches come apart like this, pry the plastic clip out of the main plastic body and catch the spring

The light switch slides off the handle bars like this

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: denisj on October 02, 2022, 12:22:30 AM ---
- I've located a bracket that fits the starter relay just fine, I imagine the other end of the bracket mounts on the engine?

--- End quote ---

As I wrote previously, that bracket mounts to the neutral switch on the left side of the transmission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version