General Category > General Discussion

Grimeca Brake Calipers -Semi Guzzi Content

<< < (2/4) > >>

SIR REAL ED:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on January 26, 2023, 10:05:34 PM ---I don't know of any Guzzi that used Grimeca brakes - maybe some of the small models that the US never got?

Are you sure the bleed hole in your master cylinder isn't blocked and not allowing fluid to return? Classics symptoms of that.

To answer your questions:
1. Morini 500, 350 K2 (2), 3 1/2 Strada, MZ Saxon Country 500 and Silver Star Classic 500
2. None other than age related (leaky seals)
3. Bought a rebuild kit (Ariete kit for the second 350 K2 master cylinder)
4. Storz Performance used to be a source for parts, but that seems to have ended. Some Brembo parts fit, on some calipers. My friend Jarl needed seals and pistons for the 38 mm calipers from his 500 Strada - F08 seals and pistons fit perfectly. Google Ariete - they're an Italian company that makes rubber bits, "valtermotousa" on ebay sells a lot of their stuff.

--- End quote ---

After loosening the bleeder and squeezing out "3 lever pulls" of fluid, I was headed home.  Slowly and very attentively!!!

A blocked bleed port was my second thought Charlie.  When I got the bike home, everything checked out fine.  Other than the seals being cooked enough to not hold a solid bleed for more than a day or so.

So far my searching has not been very productive.  Of course with room for infinite information on the internet, very few vendors provide dimensional information.

I'll have to measure the seals and dust guards, and consult the industrial suppliers.  OD's and ID's look the same for both, but the dust guards look half as thick as the seals.

Roebling3:
I put a Grimeca 4LS front, (plus a rear 2 shoe), a friend rebuilt for me.  18" front 17" rear rim, spokes, shoes et. al. Looks brand new.
Nicely modulated Stoppies, from ~35mph. Just sayin'. Wish I could still kick that beast through. 500cc, 2 stroke, twin.  R3~

SIR REAL ED:

--- Quote from: Roebling3 on January 27, 2023, 09:37:51 AM ---I put a Grimeca 4LS front, (plus a rear 2 shoe), a friend rebuilt for me.  18" front 17" rear rim, spokes, shoes et. al. Looks brand new.
Nicely modulated Stoppies, from ~35mph. Just sayin'. Wish I could still kick that beast through. 500cc, 2 stroke, twin.  R3~

--- End quote ---

Suzuki GT 500?

Chuck in Indiana:
I have Grimeca brakes on the Skorpion. They've been fine, although I modded them to take Guzzi HH pads for a little more stoppage.

Turin:
I've never heard of a guzzi with grimeca brakes either.

I've never heard anything bad about Grimeca brakes, only that Brembo is supposed to be better.

I wouldn't mind giving them a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version