General Category > General Discussion

"Gasolina" boots and jackets company,order problem

<< < (2/8) > >>

lordabhi:
...there is an old thread in ADV on Gasolina.

www.advrider.com/forums/​showthread.php?t=622148

In one of the post owner son's says

"Gasolina Boots is my folks' company... My mom is spending a few hours a day at the computer just answering email (in addition to her her normal work) and some stuff slips by. We've had some issues with our boot-maker, his quality is excellent, but he's not used to the volume and keeps getting orders mixed up - making the same custom order twice, losing orders... once he screwed up the inches to CM conversion and made us some freakishly large boots... "

and this should explain some the issues.

Bisbonian:
This sounds like an opportunity for a road trip to go pick up a jacket!

Red Dog:

--- Quote from: lordabhi on November 20, 2013, 04:07:26 PM ---...there is an old thread in ADV on Gasolina.

www.advrider.com/forums/​showthread.php?t=622148

In one of the post owner son's says

"Gasolina Boots is my folks' company... My mom is spending a few hours a day at the computer just answering email (in addition to her her normal work) and some stuff slips by. We've had some issues with our boot-maker, his quality is excellent, but he's not used to the volume and keeps getting orders mixed up - making the same custom order twice, losing orders... once he screwed up the inches to CM conversion and made us some freakishly large boots... "

and this should explain some the issues.

--- End quote ---

May explain it but does not make it right when you supply them with proof positive that mail was delivered & they say Buck off. 

Mistakes happen in every company but in my book it is how the company addresses & fixes those mistakes that make them a good or a poor company.

They are a poor company in my experience.  If they had offered to cut shipping costs to cover my loss I would have gone ahead with the order but they didn't.  Their bad & their loss.

Triple Jim:

--- Quote from: Red Dog on November 20, 2013, 05:03:31 PM ---Mistakes happen in every company but in my book it is how the company addresses & fixes those mistakes that make them a good or a poor company.
--- End quote ---

Right!  I told my kids that problems in life are like a golfer hitting his ball into a sand trap.  A hack like me goes in a sand trap, gets flustered, and will likely add a couple more shots by the time he gets back on the fairway.  A pro goes in the trap like anyone else, but on his next shot is always in the middle of the fairway in a good position to make the green on the next shot.  It's not whether you make mistakes, but how you recover.

bigbikerrick:

--- Quote from: Bisbonian on November 20, 2013, 04:51:34 PM ---This sounds like an opportunity for a road trip to go pick up a jacket!

--- End quote ---

HahaHa, Guanajuato is a bit far from northern Sonora for a road trip!  It would probably be one heck of an adventure, though!  Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version