General Category > General Discussion

Grappa Question

(1/9) > >>

LowRyter:
You might've guessed that I am a novice when it comes to booze and dope (judging by RK's recent thread) .

So I've been aware that Grappa is the Guzzi connoisseurs' drink of choice.  Being the curious type, I went to the biggest local liquor store and all I could come with is Grape Brandy (which popped as a match on my cell phone). 

So did I get Grappa, did I get anything close to Grappa?  If not, I'll have to get rid of it.   ???

Dean Rose:
Talk to Bill Hagan he's the resident Grappa expert.

Dean

father guzzi obrian:
You need one of the BevMo type of stores, they have a fairly good selection of Grappa, they may be able to order it for you, but you never know what you will get.  Bad grappa is bad, and good grappa is, well, less bad ~;

Guzzistajohn:
I don't think so Johnny, pretty sure grappa is distilled wine. The grappa I had one time was a little higher proof than a brandy maybe 100 proof.

I ran 5 gal. of a buddy's homemade wine through the whisky machine here a while back, it was pretty nice stuff. Running 5 gal of applejack saturday.

Made from stems and seeds! we know all about that don't we???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grappa

skippy:
Oh boy, I thought reading the title to this thread Lowryter was trying to sneak in an oil thread on us.  ;-T

Skippy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version