Author Topic: BMW Waterhead R1200RS  (Read 10361 times)

Offline guzziboy66

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: BMW Waterhead R1200RS
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »
I'm also enamored by the BMW RS.  I like it in Gray

Also tempted by the MV Turismo Veloce
The younger (slightly) Eric in NJ
Frenchtown, NJ

'14 GRiSO 1200 8V SE (I got her back!)
'14 Norge 1200 8V GT
'97 SPoRT 1100 (My first Guzzi has come home to me)
'98 Ducati 900 SS FE
'96 Sport 1100 Carbi (Gone but still in the family)

Lcarlson

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
The new KTM 1200GT sure looks the business.  Just don't know if I would want to go back to a chain.

I know I wouldn't.

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
The new KTM 1200GT sure looks the business.  Just don't know if I would want to go back to a chain.

I have no problem with a chain but I couldn't have a bike with a beak. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Cool Runnings

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »
I have no problem with a chain but I couldn't have a bike with a beak.

Beak bikes for geeks.  :popcorn:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
I recently bought an '07 R1200R bike as a replacement for my '12 Stelvio NTX.  I felt the need to move to a bike that was lighter than the Stelvio.  Now that I've ridden the R Bike for a couple thousand miles, I'm impressed, and this doesn't have the power of the water cooled version. 

At more than 100# less than the Stelvio (an apples-to-apples comparison), with a shorter wheelbase, more upright forks and 17" rubber on both ends, the R Bike handles like a sport bike with cases.

I'm in the set-up process with addition of Cruise Control as the next project.  I'm already looking forward to the '16 riding season and a trip to The National in John Day in late-June.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:46:30 PM by ChuckH »
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline Rox

• What's a Goozy?
  • Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »
Also tempted by the MV Turismo Veloce

I like the MV Agusta but the MV is probably the last bike I would ever buy for touring . All I can imagine is when ( not if) something goes bad and gets me stranded ..  The BMWs are cool but even those are getting to the point where they make you 100% dependent of the dealer to ride it . A Guzzi at least unless it's a big time gearbox issue you can put bubblegum on it and limp it home. An MV you're screwed .

02 V11 Lemans
02 V11 Scura
14 Honda CTX1300
07 Yamaha R6

Offline Carlo DeSantis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 08:06:17 AM »
I recently bought an '07 R1200R bike as a replacement for my '12 Stelvio NTX.  I felt the need to move to a bike that was lighter than the Stelvio.  Now that I've ridden the R Bike for a couple thousand miles, I'm impressed, and this doesn't have the power of the water cooled version. 

At more than 100# less than the Stelvio (an apples-to-apples comparison), with a shorter wheelbase, more upright forks and 17" rubber on both ends, the R Bike handles like a sport bike with cases.

I'm in the set-up process with addition of Cruise Control as the next project.  I'm already looking forward to the '16 riding season and a trip to The National in John Day in late-June.

IF I was in the market for new bike, the R12RS would be at the top of the list.  I'm not, though, because the R12RS doesn't do anything enough better than my '11 R12R to make it worth the swap.

I have ridden BMWs for a couple hundred thousand miles and haven't been disappointed yet.  Likewise I haven't been disappointed in my Guzzi miles.  I see the BMW as my everyday and touring ride, with my T3 saved for rides when I want that visceral response only a Guzzi can evoke in me.  And it sure draws a crowd at breakfasts and groups outings :)

Best,

Carlo
Chuck in Illinois
Crystal Lake, IL USA

'75 850 T3 Custom
'11 R1200R

bpreynolds

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 08:09:31 AM »

I like the MV Agusta but the MV is probably the last bike I would ever buy for touring . All I can imagine is when ( not if) something goes bad and gets me stranded ..  The BMWs are cool but even those are getting to the point where they make you 100% dependent of the dealer to ride it . A Guzzi at least unless it's a big time gearbox issue you can put bubblegum on it and limp it home. An MV you're screwed.
:1:

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
I really love BMWs, despite my preference for less-is-more designs. There is just something elementally superb about the opposed twin with shaft-drive (and the new front-mounted clutch is the stuff). Though I miss the Airheads, these new models take twin-cylinder motorcycles to a place I never thought they could go. You have to give BMW credit for looking forward...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 08:34:10 AM »
I paid under $12k for my Capo...and it has a lot of the gizmos on it.  ADD, ATC, and other acronyms.  And after getting the seats slightly modified,  we have a super comfy 2up S/T.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here