Author Topic: V85 facelift  (Read 22784 times)

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
Re: V85 facelift
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »
Questions for Huzo. Just got my Arrow head pipes and want to do the lower muffler like you did. Can you tell me which model Mivv you have? Is it straight through with or without the DB killer? How long is it? My concern is that it may be too loud for me. I know that is very subjective. The one video I saw only shows the bike at idle. With a helmet and riding at a constant speed do you hear it? Thank you and I am happy to start another thread if you think that may be better. No hurry as I need to get the muffler and find a shop to make the connector. Cheers.  :bow:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2021 Beta Evo 250 Factory
2014 Husaberg FE501

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
Questions for Huzo. Just got my Arrow head pipes and want to do the lower muffler like you did. Can you tell me which model Mivv you have? Is it straight through with or without the DB killer? How long is it? My concern is that it may be too loud for me. I know that is very subjective. The one video I saw only shows the bike at idle. With a helmet and riding at a constant speed do you hear it? Thank you and I am happy to start another thread if you think that may be better. No hurry as I need to get the muffler and find a shop to make the connector. Cheers.  :bow:
Iíll have to go back and try to find the model number for you, itís important to get the left hand one.
Also if I did it again Iíd be tempted to go for the oval section one, it would be easier to get it tucked away underneath and still in line with the centreline. But Iím satisfied with it.
Old mate reckons when I pass him at 100 kph, itís only barely audible, which I tend to reckon would be right.
In answer to your other questionsÖ
I run the dB killer, it is too loud without IMO.
This is without https://youtu.be/W9ulUhJgVwk
This is with https://youtu.be/Li8qvFVuAJ8
Iíll admit they sound scarily similar, but the second one is in confined space.
Suffice to say, it is too loud without, both at idle and in use. I find that with the restrictor in, it is ok but I would not want it louder. Iím away at present, but Iíll shoot another video when I get back with the ďquieterĒ version out in the open.
In reality, itís about the same as a Ducati monster but a bit more mellow. On the road at 100 kph, itís really ideal.
Iíll get back to you.

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2022, 08:43:17 PM »
Iíll have to go back and try to find the model number for you, itís important to get the left hand one.
Also if I did it again Iíd be tempted to go for the oval section one, it would be easier to get it tucked away underneath and still in line with the centreline. But Iím satisfied with it.
Old mate reckons when I pass him at 100 kph, itís only barely audible, which I tend to reckon would be right.
In answer to your other questionsÖ
I run the dB killer, it is too loud without IMO.
This is without https://youtu.be/W9ulUhJgVwk
This is with https://youtu.be/Li8qvFVuAJ8
Iíll admit they sound scarily similar, but the second one is in confined space.
Suffice to say, it is too loud without, both at idle and in use. I find that with the restrictor in, it is ok but I would not want it louder. Iím away at present, but Iíll shoot another video when I get back with the ďquieterĒ version out in the open.
In reality, itís about the same as a Ducati monster but a bit more mellow. On the road at 100 kph, itís really ideal.
Iíll get back to you.

Thank you so much. Especially about the tip on the oval shape.  :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2021 Beta Evo 250 Factory
2014 Husaberg FE501

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2022, 03:16:56 PM »
Bump for Dirk.

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2022, 03:16:56 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here