Author Topic: CRG Lane Splitters on a V7 Stone  (Read 11583 times)

Offline Mgv7rider

• Gosling
Re: CRG Lane Splitters on a V7 Stone
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »

Hmmm, I didn't consider mounting them that way, but will do a switch to that lower position to see how they look and work.

Awesome! I just wanted to say that the fact you hadn't considered the switch and that you now considered it (whether you change or not), is a testament as to how useful this forum is and how lucky we are to have great administrators keeping this group going.

I am looking forward to hearing what you think about the switch and appreciate your feedback. By the way, if you do make the switch and keep it that way, please post a pic if it is not too much trouble.

Cheers,

Chris
Current rides:
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone (matte black)
1980 Vespa P200e

Past rides:
2004 Yamaha YZF 600R (sold)
1996 Yamaha vStar 650 (sold)

Offline Jim Malm

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »
Hi, Chris-

I did a quick mirror swap and decided that I really prefer the appearance of the mirrors in the lower position - thanks for the clue!  I now need to move the the mirrors so that hinge screws have the caps positioned on top.  Here are a couple of photos (I hope) of the new look:

[

BTW I just put a set of Mistrals on her and they really improve the sound of the bike.

Jim
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza
1966 BMW R60/2

Offline Jim Malm

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »
Let's try the photos again.

Jim
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza
1966 BMW R60/2

Offline Mgv7rider

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

I did a quick mirror swap and decided that I really prefer the appearance of the mirrors in the lower position - thanks for the clue!  I now need to move the the mirrors so that hinge screws have the caps positioned on top. 

Awesome Jim!

The pics look great...I like the look as well! I will have mine directed below as well when the bike arrives! Glad to hear that the Mistrals sound better than the stock. I will eventually replace mine at some point, however not right away. Also thinking of maybe changing out the shocks to the upgraded version that are on the racer...again, not right away as all of this adds up in $$$$ :( .

I will post pics in April when I get my bike. Happy & Safe riding!

Cheers,

Chris
Current rides:
1980 Vespa P200e

Past rides:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

Offline Pfaff!

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate"
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 06:48:33 AM »
Jim, it's an attractive clock.

Ironically, I'm often torn which output to display, temp or time.

So does my Breva display show. I did however mount an analogue clock because
a) I do not hesitate about what to see on the display
b) One need not read an analog clock, a glance is enough ...  ;-T
Anders Holt

Breva V 750 ie "Rossinante" '03. Running fine ever since. Sold.
Pushing bikes these days.

"El camino amigo, el camino y nada mas"

Offline Mgv7rider

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »
Pfaff,

I am kinda thinking along the same lines...I never use a digital clock unless I am coaching my son's soccer team (for stopwatch and timer purposes). I have always used an analogue clock and I am so used to it. Probably leaning towards using the digital temp on the bike, and going with the clock that Jim has (or something similar).

Take care!

Cheers,

Chris
Current rides:
1980 Vespa P200e

Past rides:

HarleyTheBarber

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »
Hey Jim,

I'm about to order those CRG mirrors as well and was afraid the adapters would not work off the shelf. So are you offering to sell a set that you've already modified to fit the stone? If so I'd definitely like to get them off of you.  I have a 2014 myself.

Thanks! Harley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:10:55 PM by HarleyTheBarber »

Offline TexMexStrada

• New Egg
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 08:27:36 PM »
I've been using the CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar End Mirrors on my V7III Stone for over 9,000 miles now and really like them (I even inadvertently crash tested them  :cry: :embarrassed:)!
- Thanks to the outboard location and the convex shape of the mirror glass, blindspots are almost gone (as long as you remember to look down at the mirrors, or course)
- The rubber mounting of the mirror glass helps reduce blur (yes, it is a Guzzi, it will vibrate any mirror, but these are tolerable)
- The "lanesplitting" function (so them folding in) is great when maneuvering in tight spaces, parking, and even crashing!  :sad:  (In a lowside, the mirror, with the exception of minor road rash, stayed perfectly intact and the glass didn't break)

If you'd like to see them on the bike, please feel free to check out my video review: https://youtu.be/SyHKShmV2nk
TexMexStrada

2018 V7III Stone

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here