Author Topic: Cali 1400 Tour Windscreen  (Read 1342 times)

Offline bouts

• New Egg
Cali 1400 Tour Windscreen
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:53:23 AM »
To those who have adjusted the windscreen out at the bottom, how did you fit the spacer on the screw?  Going to try to work some buffeting solutions prior to resorting to a laminar lip. Cutting the screen is not an option.  Going to try a1/2 inch oht at the bottom firsf

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Cali 1400 Tour Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
I saw one that had been done as you describe at the dealer. The owner was not there but it appeared he used some bushings from the hardware store. I could not tell if he had used a handful of rubber washers and built them up or just what. I would suggest going to the isle at the mom and pop hardware and looking through the drawers of stuff for ideas. He had kicked it out 3/4 of an inch at the bottom.

On another note, I have found the windshield acceptable on my Eldo. Evidently the seat and my upper torso seem to work out. It was mentioned that the above guy also added those winglets, (if that is what you call them), which supposedly made a big difference as well. I have asked the dealer to order a set of those for me so when I get them I'll try to report my take on them. (Since I don't know weather or not you have them, I thought I might mention them.) Me, I'm looking over the top of the shield as I desire and buffeting is a minimum for me. I do realize that things work differently for others. Hopefully the hardware store will have what you need to rectify your situation. I agree on the cutting. I prefer not doing anything I cannot undo.

John Henry

Offline bouts

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:41:20 PM »
As a coincidence that is what I did.  Foind a nylon (?) washer the two nylon bolts, longer screws and re-assembled. kicked it out about 1/2" or so. Will try that, then those winglets, then a laminar lip.

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:06:21 PM »
I had to purchase longer bolts to fit the nylon spacers (which I also bought at the hardware store). The stock bolts were too short.
Fitting together the entire 'sandwich' of windshield frame, washer 1, windshield, washer 2, spacer, and washer 3 was a hassle, but I eventually got it, and the added space helped reduce wind buffeting.
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:06:21 PM »

Offline jq

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:43:53 AM »
I'm using these plastic toilet seat nuts (not the bolts) from the local hardware store.  They are about 9/16" tall and work pretty well. I've also installed the winglets, so the buffeting has been reduced to an acceptable level.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here