Author Topic: How long does it take to get a new account activated?  (Read 10642 times)

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
How long does it take to get a new account activated?
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »
I disabled the automatic activation feature several years ago due to "trolls" coming in and starting a ruckus.  Since doing this, It has virtually eliminated this type of activity.  So, we administrators approve accounts manually.  As with any other manual process, it is completed as time permits.  Sometimes an account can be approved within minutes of signing up.  Other times (depending on weather and riding) it can take a couple days. 

Lately, there has been an average of 15 users sign up per day.  This is good news for the forum and hopefully good news for Moto Guzzi. 

However, please know that if you sign up using a questionable, derogatory, racial or otherwise belligerent username, I WILL reject it and I am not obligated to explain to you why.  You will receive a rejection email, don't take it personal, and just try with another username.

Also, sending me a nasty email at 8:15 in the morning on Sweden time wondering why your account was not activated at 8:00 will not speed up the process.  In fact, it may not get approved at all.  If you send me a nasty note, how will you treat the other users on the board?

I check the board at least 3 times per day, between the hours of 8AM to 8PM CST in the U.S.A.  During the weekends, if the weather is nice, I am outside either riding, fishing, playing with my kids or whatever and am almost always away from the computer.  So, you may have to wait a couple days if you sign up between Fridays at noon till Monday morning.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:36:41 PM by Luap McKeever »
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited
2021 TaoTao TBR7

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here