Author Topic: stelvio service  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Kretsch

• New Egg
stelvio service
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:41:33 PM »
Just got my Stelvio off the truck yesterday. What a good looking bike!! Kinda stupid buying a bike out of Cali and have it shipped to North Dakota without ever having ridden one , but Gawd, it doesn't have to run. It's fun to just look at. My question is the closest dealer is Minneapolis. Any one on this forum have any thoughts on a good dealer. Please keep in mind that I live 500 miles away and  reliable service is more important than cheap. Thanks in advance,Doug

pete roper

Re: stelvio service
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
Learn to do it yourself. It's not difficult.

Pete

Offline Green1

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
Listen to Pete,its not that hard ,its the reason I bought a Stelvio,they are easy to do the basics at home and lots of help from people on this site
Never argue with an idiot, people watching can't tell the difference

Offline Kretsch

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »
Thanks for responding. I guess I wasn't clear in my original post so I'll try to be clearer. I plan to do the service work myself. You guys are right. It looks pretty straightforward. I'm worried about the big stuff. The things warranty should cover. An example would be instrument cluster failure, transmission failure. Things like that. Problems out of my comfort zone. Hope this explains my post better, Doug

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
How close are you to these guys? http://www.themotocycleshop.com/
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »
Not trying to be a wisea$$ - but if you take care of the smaller things the big things should not be an issue....

Mark

Offline Kretsch

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
Look guys, all I want is a recommendation for a reliable servicing dealer that's as close to me as possible. That's all. As far as taking care of the little stuff and the big stuff won't happen. I used the example of a instrument cluster failure because that happened to me. I checked really close and as far as I could tell there were no grease Zerks or oil drain plugs on the unit.so what little thing was I supposed to take care of to prevent the big thing? Also I had a tranny self destruct because a shaft was improperly heat treated. My crystal ball missed that one too. Ok,flame off. By the way, thanks' for the heads up about Watertown. I used to work there! Doug

Offline Attackpug

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Try Mora MN
2016 BMW R 1200 RT
2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #149 My baby!

Offline Green1

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »
I wasn't trying to be a smartass,i'm in the same boat,nearest dealer is an 8hr drive away and they speak French there I don't,i buy parts on the phone from a dealer 3500 miles away,they support racing so I support them.As a licensed Auto tech i'm comfortable diag and fixing things both electrical and mechanical which may make it a little easier.hopefully you'll never have to go to the dealer
Never argue with an idiot, people watching can't tell the difference

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here