Author Topic: 1999 EV Throttle Bodies  (Read 1489 times)

Offline 1Sourdough

• Gaggle Mentor
1999 EV Throttle Bodies
« on: August 01, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »
Some weeks back we chatted about the rough running my EV was doing.  I synched the TBs, and everything was sweetness & light.  So an area rider suggested 1 1/2 turns out on each air-bleed screw might be a bit excessive, so I turned both in 1/2 turn, to one full turn open.  A few days ago I noticed the engine seemed to 'bang' on one cylinder, and was backfiring lustily on deceleration.

This morning I checked the air-bleed screws, and found they were both 1/2 turn from closed.  Turning both out an additional 1/2 turn brought much smoother running, and a reduction, though not elimination, of backfiring on decel.

I will accept the possibility I cannot count two half turns of the screwdriver, and only had the screws open 1/2 turn but I thought that screw was only supposed to affect idle.  Why is it making a big difference at 3000 and higher RPM?

These are the throttle bodies which have only one mixture adjustment, the screw which hides up inside a shroud on the side of the unit.  Any thoughts?
1993 Strada 1000, 1996 R1100RT, 1999 V11 EV
                            -30-

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 1999 EV Throttle Bodies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
It's not really a mixture screw it's a bypass around the butterfly used for fine tuning the idle and throttle balance at idle.
It will have a very tiny effect on mixture because at 1-1/2 turns rather than 1/2 turn the throttle is slightly less open to get idle speed so the TPS mV
is a few mV less.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here