Author Topic: Keeping original paint scheme  (Read 643 times)

GeorgiaGuzzi

Keeping original paint scheme
« on: April 13, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
Okay, this is a conversation I never thought I would have. I’ve always fallen on the side of “it’s your vehicle bought with your money. Do what you want.”

However, my Quota 1100es is very rare (not valuable, just scarce) with more than likely only a few hundred examples being sold here in the US. Should I retain the factory color scheme as a tip of the hat or change it to what I want. I’m really undecided on this. Not planning on doing work this season, going to wait till winter.

Thanks for your input.

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Keeping original paint scheme
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 01:56:00 PM »
I had the same decision with my CallII auto. I ended up custom painting it, the way I wanted it,and was happy with the decision. The Q bike comes in red , black,and "champagne",I think whats yours?
  The way I see it, is most Italian paint is of marginal quality, if you give it a nice tasteful paint job, using high quality modern urethanes, it will have a much better quality paint job, than OG.
I think a Quota with a "Tri-Colore" paint scheme would rock!
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
Hey buddy! Personally I don’t think you gain much trying to keep the kind of bike you have with the original colors. I’ve thought about painting my 02 Orange (non shiny orange) with a flat color, maybe like olive drab with the moto Guzzi eagle on the tank. I’m sure if wouldn’t be for everyone however everyone don’t ride it:)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »
It as very little resale value anyway, do what you want! Personally, I'd save the $$ for tires and gas and ride.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »

Offline e.cleven

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 07:20:12 AM »
Choose a color combo that makes you visible to other drivers, something bright. Just thinking safety.

Ride Safe.

Earl

Offline Don G

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »
Investigate a vinyl wrap job.  DonG

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 09:06:14 AM »
Choose a color combo that makes you visible to other drivers, something bright. Just thinking safety.

Ride Safe.

Earl

Something about the fluro brigade ruining motorcycling, absolutely no point they don't look anyway, you safety is up to you and how you ride, headlights on colours etc do nothing.

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »
Going from memory here, but I think there were only 200 Quotas brought over, and 37 were in the blue/gold combination.  I've kept my Q stock, but repainted the small block SP.

In the end, do what makes you happy.

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 10:51:23 AM »

I’ve got the champagne/blue. As was mentioned by Rick, the quality ain’t good. Plus the tank is a wreck from ethanol gas expanding and contracting. It was that way when I bought it. Maybe I’ll just repaint in the original colors with high quality modern paint. Although I’ve been running the idea of two tone green for a while. A sage where it champagne and a dark green where it’s blue.

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »
It as very little resale value anyway, do what you want! Personally, I'd save the $$ for tires and gas and ride.

Done and done. I haven’t gotten the triumph out of the shed yet this year. Just been happy riding the Quota

Offline vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 11:44:47 AM »
Theme in our collection is preservation not customization, but to each his own  :grin:
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here