Author Topic: Wish me luck, I'm going in...  (Read 15573 times)

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Wish me luck, I'm going in...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
That one to me looks fine, its like the "latest" one I got when doing the 1000 box and it made bugger all difference to the quality of the change as far as I could feel.

I think very early ones were profiled different. Be interesting if anybody else chips in with other opinions, coz I no expert, I just wrote an idiots guide.

I'm always looking for different opinions as I'll (eventually) incorporate them into that idiot's guide. I wonder sometimes if the expression idiot's guide refers to those using or who authored the dammed thing in the first place

John

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
I've just replaced the output shaft seal with a double lipped Viton seal.
The seal is fully home but when I refitted the speedo worm drive it sits just below the seal's outer lip.

The outer lip of the Viton seal is a dust seal but is this fit normal, for those who've fitted this seal to their gearbox?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:02:53 PM by Stevex »

Vasco DG

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »
Yes, it's fine. As you say that lip is merely a 'grot discourager' to help protect the main lip that does the work. Carry on.

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here