Author Topic: Production numbers, 200 Quota 1100ES  (Read 3506 times)

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
Production numbers, 200 Quota 1100ES
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me how many 1100ES Quotas were manufactured in the year 2000? I was looking at obtaining collector plates, as they offer far lower insurance rates here in BC, and I see that if less than 1500 were manufactured in a given year, the vehicle only needs to be 15 years old to be eligible. I have collector plates on one car, and on my Eldorado and SPII, (all of which were over the more normal limit of 25 years) and it makes a huge difference in annual insurance costs.
Thanks!
JD
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline GearheadGrrrl

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Production numbers, 200 Quota 1100ES
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:58:35 AM »
I've heard numbers like 1400 built worldwide and 200 imported to the U.S., can't verify that though.
Guzzi: Quota with Motorvation 'hack
BMWs: F800S, R100GS, R80ST with Motorvation Spyder 'hack, R65LS
Hacks: Motovation Spyder and Formula II
Buell: M2L, RIP Buell Motors Corporation
Yamaha: MX250 $25 auction find, "static display" for now, XS650 "on loan" from my brother, 'nother "static displa

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
Does your state put any restrictions on vehicles with collector plates?  Also check with the insurance company as some of them have restrictions.

Old friend had a more rare car that he put collectors plates on.  Got good insurance rate.  It got crunched (not totaled).  The insurance company would not pay because they had a clause that said it could only be driven on the street to get to or from a car show or classic car event. 
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
Does your state put any restrictions on vehicles with collector plates?  Also check with the insurance company as some of them have restrictions.

Oh yes, there are plenty of restrictions. Most have to do with modifications to the vehicle, rendering it ineligible for coverage. Also, the vehicle cannot be used as transportation to work or to school. Pleasure only.
Anyway, it turns out that this is probably an impossibility, as in reading further into the requirements, I see that I would require a letter from the manufacturer, on their letterhead, stating that my particular Quota, referenced by VIN, was one of X number of bikes built in a certain year. Like that is ever going to happen, right?
JD
JD
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »

canuguzzi

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »
Oh yes, there are plenty of restrictions. Most have to do with modifications to the vehicle, rendering it ineligible for coverage. Also, the vehicle cannot be used as transportation to work or to school. Pleasure only.
Anyway, it turns out that this is probably an impossibility, as in reading further into the requirements, I see that I would require a letter from the manufacturer, on their letterhead, stating that my particular Quota, referenced by VIN, was one of X number of bikes built in a certain year. Like that is ever going to happen, right?
JD
JD

I bet they'd get you that letter. Approach it from the collector standpoint instead of the insurance, contact someone in the curator's office or something like that, they do have a MG museum. The people operating that would probably be happy to get such a letter to you.

Start here:

http://uk.motoguzzi.it/motoguzzi/UK/en/customercare/contattaci.html

Then follow through and you should end up with exactly the letter you need.

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »

Yep, which is why mine has regular registration.  I have it to commute on.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline road2blue

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 12:10:47 AM »
JayDee24ca did you ever find the information you were looking for?  I am also in BC and just purchased a 2000 Quota - want to do the same thing...get a collector plate on it even though it is "a couple of years early." Do you have contact information to get production stats? Thanks

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 06:02:01 AM »
One of my friends has a modern looking Triumph triple, he wrote to the factory and they promptly obliged with the letter.
I just re-insured the Eldorado $220, that is a way more than I paid two years ago but well worth it.
I'm sure the Quota is rare enough to apply.
Good luck.
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »
No, I never got any response from the various places I wrote to. My only suggestion is to try to contact Mandello. Sorry I can't be of more help.
JD
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 11:42:52 AM »
n »new« 1100 ES (enduro stradale) few changes were done comparing the bike with old 1000 model. Engine was re-tuned, seat height was lower, front disc's diameter was bigger, front headlight fairing were redesigned with so called cat's eye headlight. There are different data's when the bike production was stopped from 1999 to 2001. One of versions is that in Guzzi factory an order from Australia was expected. It never came to it and production was stopped in 1999 (factory talks). Last Quotas were exported in Canada in 2001 and they have 45 mm Marzocchi adjustable forks. 50 were sent there, 100 in States, about 35 are in Italy, 15- 20 in Netherlands, 207 in Germay in Slovenia they are 5 in Great Britain 6 in New Zeland 2. I dont have data for other countrys. According to factory info. 780 ES models were produced.

Steven Rossi

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here