Author Topic: A Cautionary Tale  (Read 8610 times)

Offline mach1mustang351

• Hatchling
Re: A Cautionary Tale
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »
When I rode my V Strom to Alaska from California in 2008 I dropped the darn thing 3 times on the trip.  It was fully geared and heavy.  The first 2 times it pretty much tipped while I was standing there and I caught it and saved it.  The last time it was pouring down rain, and it happened just like yours.  I started to do my weight transfer to get it up on the center stand and my boot slipped off.  The bike went all the way over and was both wheels off the ground, laying completely on the gobi side box.  There was no one around and I HAD to pick that mess up.  Luckily I was 22 and excited by things like going to the gym and working out.  So picking it up was tough but I got it done.  Seven years and 80 pounds later I would probably have to walk home.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 07:14:55 PM »
Everybody drops one now and then! If you get 'em out of the garage it's bound to happen!

It's all about how you pick 'em up and if anybody was watching ;D

The "back up method" makes a HUGE difference. My Tiger taught me that!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:16:55 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
Everybody drops one now and then! If you get 'em out of the garage it's bound to happen!

It's all about how you pick 'em up and if anybody was watching ;D

The "back up method" makes a HUGE difference. My Tiger taught me that!

Your Tiger taught me it is best to dump it in front of friends.  :D  I've tried the backing up to lift it up method, but with the lower four vertebraes fused in my lower back, I can't bend down low enough to pick it up. So I have to drop my bikes in front of friends/witness' and humbly accept their laughter, and help. Getting old sucks, getting old and rigid sucks even more.  ::(
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here