General Category > General Discussion

Sad Texas m/c stat

<< < (2/5) > >>

cliffrod:
Unless the data is statistically significant (mathematically so, not just significant because my cousin was one of those who got sick/hurt/killed/etc) there's no way to accurately interpret or  compare the data. 

Texas Turnip:
Scout 63. No, Texas does not have a helmet law.
GliderJohn. Hate to admit that waaay too many are under the influence when they are killed.

It is always impossible to decipher the figures. When I started riding there was no freeways, lots of gravel roads and open range for livestock. The bikes had bad brakes, poor tires and headlights.

Here is hoping that next years m/c fatalities will drop.
Tex

kingoffleece:
Cell phones, alcohol, and unaware drivers.  The perfect storm.

Perazzimx14:
1951 world population 2.5 billion

2021 world population 7.9 billion

80CX100:
     It would be interesting to compare those 2021 stats with previous years to see if it was normal or an increase.

I can't remember where I read it, but iirc for all of NA during the time of _ there were statistical anomalies, of high rates of death trends for males of working age, ie 20-55 yrs.

One of the areas that that showed up, were single vehicle, fatal motorcycle  accidents, where the death rates jumped by 40-50%.?

The article referenced a variety of possible causes, but due to _ I'm reluctant to get into them all.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride

fwiw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version