General Category > General Discussion

Bike hard to start when itís hot???

<< < (2/7) > >>

Caffeineo:
May/may not apply.....but I have noticed occasional hard starting on my new V85 when hot. I have opened the gas cap and noticed the whoosh of air. Immediately after that the bike runs better. Easy to check and see if that is your problem. Also seems to have a greater effect when the gas tank is closer to empty?????

John A:
Another cause can be a slight vapor lock. The hot engine heats up the fuel lines. If you cycle the kill switch it does two things, it ( Iím told)  sets the ecu to start and it runs the fuel pump which should push fuel past any vapor that may be there.

guzzisteve:

--- Quote from: bobrebos on May 17, 2022, 10:51:59 AM ---These plugs on my 2013 Stelvio (Ngk CR8EKB) are dual tab type plugs so I donít think I can adjust change the gap??  Maybe I should order some single tab (NGK PMR8B) which are also recommended for the Stelvio.  Single tab would be able to set gap. 

--- End quote ---
Double electrodes are throw away, more expensive single trode is reusable & cost less in long run.

bobrebos:

--- Quote from: guzzisteve on May 17, 2022, 03:22:54 PM ---Double electrodes are throw away, more expensive single trode is reusable & cost less in long run.

--- End quote ---

:thumb:

guzzisteve:
Got software Bob?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version